What's new

India likely to become 3rd largest economy by 2030: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen economist change their prediction and ratings in 3 to 6 months. Predicting accurately for next 16 years is too much. I would take it with pinch of salt.

I doubt the figures....but given that India has huge population and most countries in top 10 are advanced economies ..becoming third largest economy by 2030 is granted.

After 2013 India will drop to 11 as super power Canada will displace India and take the 10 slot... If the Indian economy and the rupee keep dropping it might even drop to 12 as Australia are closing in on the 11 slot...

I don't know why well educated Indians still fall for such false perceptions and manipulations?
Per Capita in 1982 was $285 in 2013 its $1414.
Does that help?

Per Capita in 1982 was $285 in 2013 its $1414.
Does that help?

But don't you think the 285$ of 1982 were better than 1414$ of today? lol i was not even born back then but I've heard things were very cheap in those years...even in 90's(for instance if you check gas prices of US in 90's then gas was less than a $/gal & today it is close to $4/gal) Any economic expert is requested to correct me if i' am wrong.

gas were $1.30 in 1982 now its is between $3 and $4 US

india is desperate for some more spin, no one in the real world willing to take 2030 bet living in 2013. That being said what percentage of population india plan to cull or clsify non indians? Because, that is going trend of indian development theory to fast forward in media mouth without substance.

Chinese economy at 53 Trillion?

That would mean we are at 35,000 per capita and that's not achievable in 16 years.

20-25 Trillion is more likely.

Why not as China is at around 14 trillion now.

Just above 7% GDP growth till 2030 would do it.

Why not as China is at around 14 trillion now.

Just above 7% GDP growth till 2030 would do it.

Rather optimistic, we are still to see how we deal with switching to a service and innovation based economy, as anything above 10,000 per capita nominal is way too much for cheap manufacturing.

So maybe we will slow down even further, nobody knows for sure.

or pak will become india? its all the same thing no?
:no: 
With un control population growth plus the 3% 4%

Well India will not be Pakistan but Kashmir might be part of Pakistan by 2030, why India with its un control population dividend combine with slow economic growth will have issue of the internal nature..
The time will tell..

In 1982, India had the 10th largest economy in the world ($204 billion).

Thirty-years later, by 2012, India's economy is still 10th largest in the world ($1.842 trillion).

Wikipedia | List of countries by past and future GDP

I don't know why well educated Indians still fall for such false perceptions and manipulations?

Well everyone likes good News even if it has no truth in it.

Wait......
hold on .....am i really on Hafizzz's thread??
fainting-smiley.gif

2030....hmm not bad

The article was written just to cheer up sad Indians who watch their country's currency fall all the way to the bottom of the Indian Ocean.

Hold on

image.jpg

So lets not talk about currencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom