What's new

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy by 2050: Citi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same goes with your fellow countrymen predicting China was the richest country for most part of 2000 years. Was I the person who brought that up yet claiming to be modest?

Don't know but just saw you quote something saying India was the richest country.

Same goes with your fellow countrymen predicting China was the richest country for most part of 2000 years. Was I the person who brought that up yet claiming to be modest?

lol .. Leave it man.. Few people are simply impossible.. They will find problems in anything.. seems like they roam with lenses in hand but see only the post in one color ignoring others..

Tibet was or was not counted in that silly estimate, do not care.

No,
OP claimed that China has been a single country since Qin dynasty of 220 BC, well obviously which is not true.

No,
OP claimed that China has been a single country since Qin dynasty of 220 BC, well obviously which is not true.

China has been a single country since 220 BC. All industrial and agricultural capabilities are concentrated in the area of the Qin Dynasty. Tibet contributes little if anything.

China has been a single country since 220 BC. All industrial and agricultural capabilities are concentrated in the area of the Qin Dynasty. Tibet contributes little if anything.

Whatever it's not likely his opinion is going to change history. I'm frankly tired of this.

Pretext being that since economically it contributes little to China's GDP ..it can be excluded from its map?

No,

It is true..... China by itself is named after Quin which is pronounced as "Chin" , this was told to me by a Chinese friend of Mine,She is a Co teacher with me here, Quin was victorious among the other 4 powerful dynasties and His motive was to Bring in China as one rather than divided as dynasties....

That article underestimated the USA and Japan, and overestimated China and India.

China has the opportunity to surpass the USA until 2030~2040.
India may have the opportunity to surpass Japan until 2050, but now, much like India and Southeast Asia 1997, India should be careful of Soros and Hedge funds.

First, when did India become a united country??? I thought it is after 1947.

When then put India there for the first 1000 years, did they put all of the small countries, tribes altogether???

Well I appreciate your modesty. But what you said is not entirely true. India has been the most wealthiest for the most part of last 2000 years not China. China had overtaken India marginally once or twice for few centuries. Here is the list.

http://www.theworldeconomy.org/MaddisonTables/MaddisontableB-18.pdf

Well if you wanna go back to true historical norm, then India should top the list ain't it?

ancient India is very rich, but history is very complicated statistical. such data have very low credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom