What's new

India likely to be world`s no. 1 economy by 2050: Citi

Status
Not open for further replies.
By 2050, Indians can enjoy their population boom and all its economic benefits. We will be happily having 80% of India's population living in a country three times its size.

Incase you dont know our population growth rate is slowing down

Well I appreciate your modesty. But what you said is not entirely true. India has been the most wealthiest for the most part of last 2000 years not China. China had overtaken India marginally once or twice for few centuries. Here is the list.

http://www.theworldeconomy.org/MaddisonTables/MaddisontableB-18.pdf

Well if you wanna go back to true historical norm, then India should top the list ain't it?

I found the source of your PDF in wiki.
List of regions by past GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it also shows this :
The formula thus is: GDP (PPP) = GDP per capita (PPP) x population size

for the GDP/pc and population, pls refers to:
List of regions by past GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of largest empires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so Han's GDP should be at least 450*70m = 32400 million. (206 BC – 220 AD: 70m)
and India's GDP should be 450*50m=22500 million. (250 BC: 50m, 200 AD: 42m)

Why I sais at least? because some other suggested that Han's GDP pc should be higher than the Roman Empire's(Italy) 809$
Angus Maddison estimates that the country's gross domestic product was equivalent to $450 per head in 1990 United States dollars—a sum that was above subsistence level, and which did not significantly change until the beginning of the Song Dynasty in the late 10th century.[22].Sinologist Joseph Needham has disputed this and claimed that China's GDP per capita exceeded Europe by substantial margins from the 5th century BCE onwards, holding that Han China was much wealthier than the contemporary Roman Empire.[23]
Economy of the Han Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And since than, China's population was always more than India's, so as to the GDP pc (except from 1913-1973)

By that time the rich will be richer and the poor will be poorer.

What about the divide between the poor and the rich?

Pareto's rule of 20-80 will it change?

Will we see a balance in distribution of national resources & wealth?

^^ Yes, his brain is as matured as the boy in his avatar.

Distribution of wealth - will be an increasing problem for india - and the rising population with ever decreasing resources will be a problem, there is only so much gas, petrol, wheat etc etc.

Distribution of wealth - will be an increasing problem for india - and the rising population with ever decreasing resources will be a problem, there is only so much gas, petrol, wheat etc etc.

Thanks for your concern sir! But every year we are lifting ppl out of poverty and i hope we are on right track and may became one of top 3 largest economy's by 2050.

Thanks for your concern sir! But every year we are lifting ppl out of poverty and i hope we are on right track and may became one of top 3 largest economy's by 2050.

I think it will be a global problem, estimates for growth - make assumptions about world natural resources, as demand for oil, gas, wood come under increasing pressure, this will just increase the cost of said commodities - meaning in just 20-30 years petrol cost could put it beyond poor people everywhere.

I think it will be a global problem, estimates for growth - make assumptions about world natural resources, as demand for oil, gas, wood come under increasing pressure, this will just increase the cost of said commodities - meaning in just 20-30 years petrol cost could put it beyond poor people everywhere.

It's why China is aggressively racing to secure resources around the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom