What's new

India-Israel joint venture to manufacture missiles fails to take off

Our newspapers headlines are always misleading, fails to take off

Israel- India deals are revealed at much later stage although this programme is delayed its certainly happening

We have to make things indigenuously......sooner we realize that....the better....

And the sooner we realize that we can't develop high level techs and capabilities, the better too! We have to get more realistic, focus on indigenous low end in high numbers, but jointly developed high end, not to forget that even imports are needed, when the technical capabilities are worth it.

And the sooner we realize that we can't develop high level techs and capabilities, the better too! We have to get more realistic, focus on indigenous low end in high numbers, but jointly developed high end, not to forget that even imports are needed, when the technical capabilities are worth it.

You think the westerners are some gifted species, only they can develop high-tech. stuff?
I think, If we can stop corruption and invest more on our indigenous R&D we would be selling them stuff...

You think the westerners are some gifted species, only they can develop high-tech. stuff?
I think, If we can stop corruption and invest more on our indigenous R&D we would be selling them stuff...

Of course not, but plain logic tells me, that when you set up an R&D and industrial base decades before I do it, you will be far ahead of me and the only way to close the gap in a fast way, is to get hands on high techs through ToT, JVs or co-developments. Just looking at indigenous developments is slow, will see several failures and step backwards. That's why I say we need both to catch up faster, but first we need to get rid of pride that stands in our way for real progress!

Of course not, but plain logic tells me, that when you set up an R&D and industrial base decades before I do it, you will be far ahead of me and the only way to close the gap in a fast way, is to get hands on high techs through ToT, JVs or co-developments. Just looking at indigenous developments is slow, will see several failures and step backwards. That's why I say we need both to catch up faster, but first we need to get rid of pride that stands in our way for real progress!

You realize what this thread is about?....
The Israelis are not keen on transferring technology....
"DRDO is maintaining that it is because of the lack of transfer of technology that the trials conducted so far have ended up as failures..."

We foolishly think that the world is keen to transfer their latest tech. and give us technical know-how at our will but when we get the taste of reality, we complain.....here is another example...
The Statesman: Antony to take up fighter aircraft issue with Russia

They only want to sell their complete product so that we remain dependent on them for ever....therefore, if we don't have pride we'll never be able to 'close that gap'.....we'll always remain decades behind...

Last edited:
You realize what this thread is about?....
The Israelis are not keen on transferring technology....
"DRDO is maintaining that it is because of the lack of transfer of technology that the trials conducted so far have ended up as failures..."

We foolishly think that the world is keen to transfer their latest tech. and give us technical know-how at our will but when we get the taste of reality, we complain.....here is another example...
The Statesman: Antony to take up fighter aircraft issue with Russia

They only want to sell their complete product so that we remain dependent on them for ever....therefore, if we don't have pride we'll never be able to 'close that gap'.....we'll always remain decades behind...

Lol and you still take DRDO statements seriously? Why on earth would you need transfer of technology to do weapon trials???
And it's totally normal that countries/manufacturers that are ahead don't want to simply give away their techs, but we are not even close to develop similar, that's why it's a matter of negotiation what you get, at what costs and when. The fact however remains, that getting access to high techs, the experience we gain from being part of such co-developments will boost our capabilities far more, than wasting time with small steps in basic tech developments.
Take the radar developments as an example! DRDO still has issues with developing a 4th gen puls doppler radar (even WITH Israeli support at certain modes), while we already can participate at least to some extend at the development of the FGFA AESA radar. That's technically more than a generation ahead of what we are capable today, but will help us a lot at our own AESA radar developments.
Same is the case with these missile developments, the failure of Trishul SAM development has caused Maitri SAM development now, Barak 8 is even a complete new development, but since we are at the lower end as a partner, we have to have a focus on getting enough in return for our investments. That's why you need to push the partners from time to time, be it Russians, Israelis or anybody else, but the benefits are hardly deniable.

In order to make a reliable indigenous Indian weapon, it must be manufactured in Russia

you guys do a better job or wet farting than wet dreaming hence the term bad smelling Indians is coined all over the world
pakistan is no better than india. pakistan is using Chinese low grade weapons.

Read the news again... and its not just 1 paper reporting...

All of them quote the same source. So a big fail in that.

1st link is from ToI
2nd Link sates it is from TNN which is times news netweork
3rd link also states the source is from TNN
4th link is trom India today which also quotes from ToI

That is a massive failure on your part.

had the russia delayed things like this we would have been critisising it severely.
we can make any statement but fact of the matter is technology this complex takes time,,,we must learn to expect some delay in jv new products

Back
Top Bottom