What's new

India-Israel joint venture to manufacture missiles fails to take off

When did they start calling charity tech transfers, "joint ventures"?

When did they start calling charity tech transfers, "joint ventures"?

Right about when china called slave labour 'heavy manufacturing' and torture and brainwashing centres 're education centres'

I guess the official Chinese response to everything is trolling on the net because in real life the Americans called your bluff.

Don't push the Americans too hard O.K? They might stop giving you charity in form of slave labour

Right about when china called slave labour 'heavy manufacturing' and torture and brainwashing centres 're education centres'

I guess the official Chinese response to everything is trolling on the net because in real life the Americans called your bluff.

Don't push the Americans too hard O.K? They might stop giving you charity in form of slave labour

lol, i actually burst out laughing at how indignant you sound. take it easy kid, you sound like you're seething, do you know how pdf works? i don't want to be held liable if you burst a vein or something. btw, why'd you assume the charity wouldn't go from india-->israel? you're betraying your own inferiority complex here.

nope
they ahve installe s-300 variants on their destroyers
have indigenous aesa radars on all navy vessels,have indigenous avionics and missiles(air to air)
we have yet to even test astra
and don't forget we haven't even inducted agni 4 leave alone 5 and china has already inducted missiles with range of 14000 km

so pls tell me how are we ahead??

See We can put even S 400 on the naval vessel but our requirement is different. We do not want to put those bulky systems on naval vessel. So we are developing LR and MRSAM.

We too have indigenous AESA RADARs Much batter than China (Not very sure which Radars are deployed on our Naval Vessel?) but I am sure that they are fantastic and as per the requirement of our navy.

Our Avionics are far ahead. Do you know even Russia uses our mission computers and avionics in their recently ordered SU 30?

So far as Astra is concern, It is a much advance missile. You can not compare any Chinese Junk with Astra. It is in the class of Meteor.

OK we have not inducted Agni IV but we have Inducted Agni III. Do you know what Tessy said one month ago?

Agni III's weight reduced to 22 tons from design weight of 48 tons. Do you know it can carry 2.5 tons at a distance of 4500 KM with low 2 digit accuracy and can be used against strategic target with conventional payload? Do you know when Chinese states the range of JL 2 over 10,000 KM, It is with 500 KG pay load. Agni III can go over 11,000 KM with single nuclear payload. Now look at the specification of K4. It can carry 2 tons of Payload to 3500 to 4000 KM. It weighs only 16 tons. These makes our Missiles much potent than those of China. There is absolutely no compression. We do not test then for long range because of our policy of not creating concern for European countries.

Can any Chinese long range missile be used with conventional load? The answer is no because of their poor accuracy.

You see, Agni IV is not deployed but that do not make it a less potent missile. Name me a Chinese missile which weighs 16 tons and capable of carrying 1.5 tons to 4000 KM (Actually to a much greater distance) with a very low 2 digit or single digit accuracy. You can not down it with laser weapon and it can pass through nuclear environment of very high temperature.

i would be honest
i am not the biggest fan of akash but anything indigenous is welcome.we will improve it over time for sure

You can not have a batter missile than Akash to begin with. Mk 2 will be more fast more deadly. It provides a very high mobility. In current scenario where we are facing delay in LRSAM, Akash is the only SAM we can rely upon. It will cross mach 4 speed and touch 50 Km range at least in MK2 I believe.

Last edited:
Not only LR, we even are buying and going for joint SR SAM developments, because our own developments in that regard failed.

Can you please elaborate where it failed? I believe that it was done simple to expedite the realization of Missile as all technology development would have taken at least 11 years.

Not only LR, we even are buying and going for joint SR SAM developments, because our own developments in that regard failed.

Actually SR SAM is a highly complex missile. It would take us a very long time to develop after we couldn't successfully bring Trishul's performance up to the mark but LR SAM is certainly not so complex. We can easily do it on our own. Yes it will take few years more than doing it in JV.

In SR SAM, you have to intercept the missile at a very short distance. That makes this missile lot more complex.

Back
Top Bottom