What's new

India/Islam: Muslims lag behind then other minorities in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am curious to know all other minorities in India except muslims which collectively make up about 7 % of India's population are doing so well infact much better than even hindus but muslims who make up around 15 % of the population manage to do worse than even the worst of Hindus .

India does have discrimination against muslims at some level but this phenomenon surely has something more to do with than just that.

The articles compares Muslims with minorities like Christians and Sikhs but the fact is, it is not just Muslim but even Hindus are not doing better than these minority communities… so does it mean, Hindus are deprived of their rights to compete or do better than other communities? Answer is pretty simple; its NO so how does it apply to Muslims?

Just check the datas, Sikhs who are mainly based in rich states like Punjab/ Haryana, have almost 2 times income than Hindus, why, we gotto think :undecided:. Simply not because Sikhs are minority, but because they tried to progress with the available opportunities but others, including Hindus, couldn’t perform with the same rate as Sikhs :meeting:. Just have a look on the Sikhs, whether they run shops, run restaurants, high positions in Military, much richer Punjabi Sikh farmers than rest of India? is there any reason why similar good lands for agriculture of Bihar state have the poorest of India but Punjabi Sikh farmers among the richest? Simply those who tried to get progress/ performed well, were successful, and those who couldn’t perform so well, are little backward :meeting:

The Instutionalized Indian Government Discrimination is not my Claim. It is the Claim of SACHAR Commission which gave its findings to the Inidan Prime Minister. I think you are in DEEP DENIAL. Anyway, I dont want the Indian Muslims to expect any help from the Indian Govt. because none would come. Indian Muslims need to rely on their own resources to lift themselves from poverty and lack of productivity.

Here , I agree with you. The Indian Muslims should band together to help themselves.

Where did the Sachar committe report claim that the condition of muslims was due to institutionalised discrimination by the government of India ?

i don't think you are aware that the Sachar committee itself was constituted by the government of India to look into the issues and problems of the muslims of India .

Indian Muslims chose for India in 1947 and it is their decision to stay in India as Indian Muslims debunking two nation theory. And I feel they made right decision after seeing the condition of severe ethnic tensions in Karachi after the arrival of of muhajirs particularly I feel pity for my Bihari people who migrated (na ghar ke rahe na ghat ke) because no body wants them in Pakistan.

There is nothing called institutionalized discrimination against any minority as in case of Pakistan where you have dreadful laws like Blasphemy law..which are the tool in the hand of muslim extremists to use against innocent minorities.

Just check the datas, Sikhs who are mainly based in rich states like Punjab/ Haryana, have almost 2 times income than Hindus, why, we gotto think :undecided:. Simply not because Sikhs are minority, but because they tried to progress with the available opportunities but others, including Hindus, couldn’t perform with the same rate as Sikhs :meeting:. Just have a look on the Sikhs, whether they run shops, run restaurants, high positions in Military, much richer Punjabi Sikh farmers than rest of India? is there any reason why similar good lands for agriculture of Bihar state have the poorest of India but Punjabi Sikh farmers among the richest? Simply those who tried to get progress/ performed well, were successful, and those who couldn’t perform so well, are little backward :meeting:

And the Parsis buddy, they number only in some tens of thousands and own most of business in Mumbai city and have more dominance than their numbers.

And the jains, they had literacy of 94% in 1991 census and mostly merchants and traders.

I am seriously not trolling here. But the current state of the muslims is because they have traditionally voted for congress only. They using confusing phrases like secularism has only taken advantage of them and used them as a tool for vote bank politics.

Maybe some one can compare how muslims are doing in general in entrepreneurial states like Kerala/Gujrat and rest of India.

TBH, If muslims vote for BJP and trust them with one chance, I am sure they will be payed back with trust only.

Some people might not be familiar, but Pakistan has a similar quota system for backward minorities. For example: I have a couple of my Hindu colleagues at work, one a Brahmin from Mithi, and the other a Vaishya (lower class) from Larkhana. My Brahmin friend told me of all the advantages (like lower eligibility requirements etc) the backward minorities groups get in Pakistan as well, from education to jobs, as well as other areas.

Muslims should stop thinking themselves as minority and should try to get gel with society. All over the world they have terrible trauma of victimhood.

I am seriously not trolling here. But the current state of the muslims is because they have traditionally voted for congress only. They using confusing phrases like secularism has only taken advantage of them and used them as a tool for vote bank politics.

Maybe some one can compare how muslims are doing in general in entrepreneurial states like Kerala/Gujrat and rest of India.

TBH, If muslims vote for BJP and trust them with one chance, I am sure they will be payed back with trust only.

Agreed! provided BJP too moves one step ahead (or show some maturity) by projecting itself as a party of all ppl of independent India with equal respect to all people than follower of traditional Ideologies of RSS and backing extremist like Bajarang Dals..I am damn sure, in India BJP has better prospect than Congress but BJP needs change in their party manifesto and mindset ..they should be more accommodative and caring…

They can vote for whoever they want. My question is why should they be treated any different than the other minorities or the population as a whole.

Some people might not be familiar, but Pakistan has a similar quota system for backward minorities. For example: I have a couple of my Hindu colleagues at work, one a Brahmin from Mithi, and the other a Vaishya (lower class) from Larkhana. My Brahmin friend told me of all the advantages (like lower eligibility requirements etc) the backward minorities groups get in Pakistan as well, from education to jobs, as well as other areas.

Apart from reservations, in India also we have government funds for minority development and minority run institution can go for 50% reserved seats for their community.

And the Parsis buddy, they number only in some tens of thousands and own most of business in Mumbai city and have more dominance than their numbers.

And the jains, they had literacy of 94% in 1991 census and mostly merchants and traders.

now you are humiliating this thread. with Jains minority, the 'minority' parsis in India? do you know the "definition of poor Parsis" in India, check the news as below. please keep in mind that average per capita income of India was around Rs70,000 per year in 2011

Muslims should stop thinking themselves as minority and should try to get gel with society. All over the world they have terrible trauma of victimhood.

Name any country where the minority Muslim community have no problems with majority community. They even have problem with Buddhist Thais.

Apart from reservations, in India also we have government funds for minority development and minority run institution can go for 50% reserved seats for their community.

Correct....Christians have made best use of it...But I guess, Muslims lagged vision in this area … there are some Law/Management institutions in Mumbai run by Muslims but the coverage of population/area is too small….they need to expand more deep into rural India…

Agreed! provided BJP too moves one step ahead (or show some maturity) by projecting itself as a party of all ppl of independent India with equal respect to all people than follower of traditional Ideologies of RSS and backing extremist like Bajarang Dals..I am damn sure, in India BJP has better prospect than Congress but BJP needs change in their party manifesto and mindset ..they should be more accommodative and caring…

They won Goa with 40% minority by fielding Christian candidates but pseudo secular parties like Congress and their media suck ups will make sure than whenever Muslims come close to BJP, they are reminded of how 'terrible' they are by rerunning footage of Gujurat and Babri Majid again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom