What's new

India is not Britain

Why would it be suicidal? Most major countries in Asia are not comfortable with the rise of China. In this equation if anybody has to loose, it has to be China.

Anyway, when I am talking of taking on China, I mean strategically.

1) India forming close relationship with Japan and Australia
2) India forming close relationship with Taiwan and Vietnam
3) India venturing into South China sea
4) India testing Agni 5

These clearly shows that India's assertive&look east policy in Asia
I have only one question mate, what do you think of other countries in Asia , are they comfortable with India?

Afghanistan:
Indonesia:
Iran:
Iraq:
Israel:
Japan:
Jordan:
Kazakhstan:
Korea North:
Korea South:
Kuwait:
Kyrgyzstan:
Laos:
Lebanon:
Malaysia:
Maldives:
Mongolia:
Myanmar (Burma):
Nepal:
Oman:
Pakistan:
The Philippines:
Qatar:
Russia:
Saudi Arabia:
Singapore:
Sri Lanka:
Syria:
Taiwan:
Tajikistan:
Thailand:
Turkey:
Turkmenistan:
United Arab Emirates:
Uzbekistan:
Vietnam:
Yemen:

( just want to know your point of view mate)
Thanks

can clearly see where the self hating racism comes from. i would blame the Singaporean society for making you feel ashamed of your ancestry to be accepted. looks like singapore has a long way to go before becoming an egalitarian society. But such a mentality is not isolated. it is the same sentiment expressed by Hongkongers towards mainnland chinese calling them locusts and Asian Americans calling the recent arrivals as fobs. They don't realize that this form of racism is more vile as they quickly forget the racism faced by their ancestors when they immigrated to these countries and the Only reason they feel superior is because their parents emigrated one generation earlier.

First, don't blame our Singaporean society thinking you know anything about us at all. Blame your own obnoxious countrymen for the kind of hatred they face over here in our country. And second, my parent's didn't immigrate here just one generation ago but my family has been here for nearly 200 years. So I'm really very very different from you people. As a matter of fact, even your own countrymen wouldn't call me Indian no matter what my ancestry is, so stop twisting your argument to your convenience.

And third, open your eyes to the reality to the situation. Dotheads are disliked worldwide, not just in Singapore. Do a search on the internet and you'll know. You guys get beaten up by minorities in Australia. Even the Fijians, who are also descended from Indians generations ago, now mostly in Australia do not seem to like you guys at all. Check out this link - Do fijian indians hate mainland indians? - Topix

Don't blame us who have been staying in our native places all along for this. When you Indians leave your slums and head out to our nations, the onus is upon you to fit in to our society, not our society amend its ways for u! Kinda reminds me of this slogan I saw once in Australia when I was there on a visit. "It's Australia mate. Fit in or f@ck off!" The same logic applies to any other country on earth.

First, don't blame our Singaporean society thinking you know anything about us at all. Blame your own obnoxious countrymen for the kind of hatred they face over here in our country. And second, my parent's didn't immigrate here just one generation ago but my family has been here for nearly 200 years. So I'm really very very different from you people. As a matter of fact, even your own countrymen wouldn't call me Indian no matter what my ancestry is, so stop twisting your argument to your convenience.

And third, open your eyes to the reality to the situation. Dotheads are disliked worldwide, not just in Singapore. Do a search on the internet and you'll know. You guys get beaten up by minorities in Australia. Even the Fijians, who are also descended from Indians generations ago, now mostly in Australia do not seem to like you guys at all. Check out this link - Do fijian indians hate mainland indians? - Topix

Don't blame us who have been staying in our native places all along for this. When you Indians leave your slums and head out to our nations, the onus is upon you to fit in to our society, not our society amend its ways for u! Kinda reminds me of this slogan I saw once in Australia when I was there on a visit. "It's Australia mate. Fit in or f@ck off!" The same logic applies to any other country on earth.
the only reason this dislije is there is because the indians who go abrad are either workers or highly skilled people.
workers are like workers from anywhere. they make a hard living and remit money and are generally the faceless indians.
the other group highly skilled immigrants from india who are savvy and educated , scare the locals of the host country because they are seen as people who threaten their livelihoods. hence the dislike and invectives. advise indians not to take it personally.

try telling that to a brit who takes your chopped seat in a kopitiam
or tell that to the SPGs both chini and indian.

try telling that to a brit who takes your chopped seat in a kopitiam
or tell that to the SPGs both chini and indian.

Nothing anyone else does can get any worse than the Indian - urinating in public places, especially void decks of apartment blocks after getting drunk - go check up on the recent attack on Indians at Silat Road and read what the residents had to say, molesting local women on subway trains and at Beach/Foam parties, demanding the acknowledgement of Hindi as a recognized language, screaming at the top of their voices in public places, and having an acute lack of hygiene and decency.

Sexy ‘chiobu’ Sharmaine Liang sparks outcry with racist tweet against Indians « THE TEMASEK TIMES

Why drag in Brits and SPGs now? We are talking about Indians so stick to Indians.

can clearly see where the self hating racism comes from. i would blame the Singaporean society for making you feel ashamed of your ancestry to be accepted. looks like singapore has a long way to go before becoming an egalitarian society. But such a mentality is not isolated. it is the same sentiment expressed by Hongkongers towards mainnland chinese calling them locusts and Asian Americans calling the recent arrivals as fobs. They don't realize that this form of racism is more vile as they quickly forget the racism faced by their ancestors when they immigrated to these countries and the Only reason they feel superior is because their parents emigrated one generation earlier.

No need to blame a nation, for someone on the internet we aren't even sure about to claimed identity.

This is the internet remember, I can claim to be Mr.Universe behind the PC. :)

Nothing anyone else does can get any worse than the Indian - urinating in public places, especially void decks of apartment blocks after getting drunk - go check up on the recent attack on Indians at Silat Road and read what the residents had to say, molesting local women on subway trains and at Beach/Foam parties, demanding the acknowledgement of Hindi as a recognized language, screaming at the top of their voices in public places, and having an acute lack of hygiene and decency.

Sexy ‘chiobu’ Sharmaine Liang sparks outcry with racist tweet against Indians « THE TEMASEK TIMES

I don't follow why you are posting nonsense from wordpress relating to derogatory stereotypes.

Why drag in Brits and SPGs now? We are talking about Indians so stick to Indians.

The topic was, that India isn't like Britain with respect to American foreign policy.

To be more clear, the objectives of India aren't that convergent as Britain's is w.r.t to American global objectives.

I don't see why this topic has slided into racial of ethnic derogatory stereotypes about Indians here.

Is it that Indophobic perversion that is getting the best of here, over you common sense? Were' nt you banned the last time for for posting racist nonsense? Something tells me you"re going to be banned again and i doubt it"ll make any difference for you though.

Why do you keep talking about random things which have nothing to do with the topic thread?

Oh so your source of information is Topix :lol:
Have you ever been to Fiji or lived in Australia.....Not sure why you are acting all hauty and trying to portray Singaporeans as a model community.We all know how you guys roll in Little India and in Mustfa (whatever it is).

P.S - Look like Limpeh is a typical SB.

check the title

most of the above attributes can be assigned to the brits and ozzies you guys fling yourself on. u h8 indians , that too the workers only because they hve lesser money.
go visit any foodcourt and check out the cr2p hygiene and foul smells there. all are local fare. and now you put the link of a r@c1$t tweet.

Trying to hard to fit in I believe? :lol: No matter how hard you try, you will still be seen as an Indian there.

No, he is seem as one of our brother, a fellow singaporean. Typical Indian behaviour! try to stir **** in our people house.

can clearly see where the self hating racism comes from. i would blame the Singaporean society for making you feel ashamed of your ancestry to be accepted.

Yeah, there's plenty of blame to go around, but it is never your own fault since you indians should be the perfect beings.

it is the same sentiment expressed by Hongkongers towards mainnland chinese calling them locusts and Asian Americans calling the recent arrivals as fobs. They don't realize that this form of racism is more vile as they quickly forget the racism faced by their ancestors when they immigrated to these countries and the Only reason they feel superior is because their parents emigrated one generation earlier.

Spare us your self-righteousness and double standard! Many of your guys here did way much more damage to your own nation than him. So stop making others a scapegoat for your own incompletents!

Yeah, you must joking when indians' patriotism for their nation will only last until as soon as the next power outage occurs in their areas, so save us from your hypocrisy.

LOLOL at indians' patriotism!!!

Speak for Singapore Only.The rest of Asians can voice their own opinion..

Trying to quote my words out of context and use it against me? Another typical pathetic behaviour of indians.

But my words still count here! You indians just love to steal other's nation identity in order to make yourselves feel good. Am I wrong to speak against such dispicable acts!

my friends, the only loyal friends of a country, are their land force, air force, navy, and brave/intelligent people!
How many other friends do you have?

I have only one question mate, what do you think of other countries in Asia , are they comfortable with India?

Afghanistan:
Indonesia:
Iran:
Iraq:
Israel:
Japan:
Jordan:
Kazakhstan:
Korea North:
Korea South:
Kuwait:
Kyrgyzstan:
Laos:
Lebanon:
Malaysia:
Maldives:
Mongolia:
Myanmar (Burma):
Nepal:
Oman:
Pakistan:
The Philippines:
Qatar:
Russia:
Saudi Arabia:
Singapore:
Sri Lanka:
Syria:
Taiwan:
Tajikistan:
Thailand:
Turkey:
Turkmenistan:
United Arab Emirates:
Uzbekistan:
Vietnam:
Yemen:

( just want to know your point of view mate)
Thanks

They are comfortable with rising India

Pls watch the video again

If you are so friends with PRC, why are you giving maintenance facility to USN ships and not PLAN ships. Also why you are having joint military exercises with US, India etc and not with PRC. Why your AF maintain facilities in India and not in PRC which is nearer to Singapore.

Point 1. US navy has its presence way before PRC emerge in this region, so it is naturally that our pact formed with USA and other asean country did not include PRC then.

Point 2. Our equipment and weapons are all made in USA, even kids know the reasons why it would be impossible for US to allow us to house these equipment in China.

Point 3. Please prepare to accept the truth here, LOLOL. That is because USA and us do believe that indians are incapable to copy or to steal any crucial tech from just by housing our weapons and men there.

Point.4 Since India is a viable option, why not! LOLOL.

Point 1. US navy has its presence way before PRC emerge in this region, so it is naturally that our pact formed with USA and other asean country did not include PRC then.

Point 2. Our equipment and weapons are all made in USA, even kids know the reasons why it would be impossible for US to allow us to house these equipment in China.

Point 3. Please prepare to accept the truth here, LOLOL. That is because USA and us do believe that indians are incapable to copy or to steal any crucial tech from just by housing our weapons and men there.

Point.4 Since India is a viable option, why not! LOLOL.

However, you may force logic into China and Singapore relationship, the truth is Singapore is fiercely independent state, and wants a world where its interests are protected and not in its dream would it want to be vassal state of China. It would play China against India and Vis-a-vis, and would keep equidistance from both China and India

India Singapore relationship

Relationship between India and Singapore

Need to go beyond trading

Possibility of collaborative foreign policy research

Challenges arising from Singapore's success

Overview on India and Singapore relationship

http://www.ipcs.org/pdf_file/issue/1218405219IPCS-Special-Report-41.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom