What's new

India Is Building a Top-Secret Nuclear City to Produce Thermonuclear Weapons, Experts Say

firstly how can it be "top " secret when it is on pakistan def forum , for the whole world to see ?

secondly why go through the bother to "build "
when israel would be more than happy to give it to india ?

( well i suppose india would prefer to be self sufficient - but i think in
any emergency they can just make a couple of phone calls to tel aviv or haifa and get it delivered to india , by DHL ? )

Well you guys are planning to build a nuclear facility to research on nuclear weapons. Not that hard in isolated area, and if people take pics or videos. All they will see is buildings. Not some airbase with top secret aircraft flying around. This is much more easier.

A mountainous region would be a good place to start.
lanl_nssb.jpg

Like I said, I think the OP is simply being sensational by mixing RMP (which is actually a small but secretive Nuclear facility located hundreds of miles away) with this place.

Off topic: Is that Oak Ridge National Laboratory?

Definitely a deal breaker with the US ... All cooperation should be suspended and sanctions immediately imposed. India is officially a rogue state.
yupp, US's prime non nato ally proliferates to noko, libya and iran, and India should be sanctioned because it has nuclear program.... kudos to the brilliant logic.

What status? India behaves like a rogue country that cares nothing for international rules and norms while it expects everyone to play by the rules ... The report reveals that it was tricking the US even while negotiations for the nuclear deal were ongoing. Shame on India. It would be quite reasonable for India to be censured and really sanctions should be imposed so it is treated as a pariah state.
Shoguner Shrap e goru more na .... A for an effort though... @Capt.Popeye

Definitely a deal breaker with the US ... All cooperation should be suspended and sanctions immediately imposed. India is officially a rogue state.
Woww, Great analysis.. You are doing great for a think tank.. Now Shooooo

@CENTCOM. This is what happens when US tries to pit one country against another, you don't get to contain/neutralize your enemy yet you create many more. Do you think NSG waiver for India will just lead to containing China? On the contrary it will lead China to create more warheads with better delivery systems not just for India but the same can be pointed towards the US as well. Don't forget Pakistan in all of this, we will do whatever is necessary as well. Read 'whatever'. United States half witted decisions and century old tactics of 'containment' will not fly this time around. Look around, the havoc you people have created. Do you seriously think all will be well?

@Horus @Oscar @Atanz
The Kite you just flew is not gonna fly anymore dude.. This is a dumb article.. India already posses enough Nukes to take care of both China and Pakistan if a Nuke war breaks out and I don't think it will happen, unless someone looses their mind and press the button first.. So cheers for providing your valuable analysis based on a garbage article.. India hold no first use policy against Nukes.. So we don't need to develop a whole cupboard full of Warhead, just a Hundred odd will be enough which we already have.. Anyways, after creating so many war heads, dismantling them if there is no war without radiation hazard is another pain in the ***, so India is not so dumb to do that mistake..

Nonsense....India has nuclear weapons. And they are for deterrence. India has enough nukes to deter both China and Pakistan. There is no need for India to develop further thermonuclear weapons.

i won't make it that simple. a stockpile of 15-20 reliable thermonuclear warheads on Arihant class submarine can deter a Chinese first strike. It is not that the Chinese are insane to start a war

The location is interesting. It may not be hidden in the mountains but its geographically isolated to some degree and geological conditions of the region reveal some other interesting facts if one was to tunnel an underground base.

bro as per your country we don't have thermonuclear tech, then why so much sabre rattling???:coffee:
and also i have mentioned for what purpose we are doing it, are SSN's and SSBN's pakistan centric??
pakistan is not a worthy enemy:disagree:.....its china centric rafales, SSBN's, SSN's, ultralight howitzer, S-400 SAM, T-90sm, kolkata class destroyer's shivalik class frigates, and etc etc blah blah blah......tumhare liye toh tejas, mig-21:agree:, t-72, missile boats, hamare T55 reserve wale tank, or haan delhi class bhi, ye sab kafi hai:blah:

Carbon fiber centrifuge is 90's era tech. You can classify it as 5th gen centrifuge.

Indians shouldnt get excited about it. Pakistan have already acquired 5 th gen tech from China. They had stolen URENCO 1-4 gen design which wre handed over to china.

China was impressed with URENCO design. They manufactured them and gave TOT of these tech to Pak in return.

Source: When Did Pakistan Stop Theiving?

China then built 5th gen carbon centrifuge from 4th gen centrifuge.

They were struggling badly with 6th gen for decades so at last they joined NSG to poach the technology

Russians are testing 10th gen centrifuge

Sixth-Seventh Gen centrifuge can make more than 1 million SWU year while 5th Gen centrifuge can barely cross 100,000 SWU

China have many plants that produce 2+ million SWU/y

India will never be able to build many indigenous reactors until it gets access to 6+ Gen tech
Western reactors wont enrich uranium in India. NSG is the only way to acquire these technology

Russia 1st to test 10Gen uranium enrichment centrifuges — RT News

tarting from 2009 Russia is supplying 7 and 8 Gen centrifuges to China.
More Russian nuclear technology in China
Under the new contract, China will, as before, receive sixth-generation gas centrifuges (without a technology transfer). Russia itself is using the latest eighth-generation centrifuges at its uranium enrichment plants and is working on more advanced models.

Pakistan also needs to ramp up the thermonukes production. We need a large stockpile so that we can cover every inch of our enemy to keep our deterrence. I really don't why we are not doing enough.

Pakistan also needs to ramp up the thermonukes production. We need a large stockpile so that we can cover every inch of our enemy to keep our deterrence. I really don't why we are not doing enough.
adding 20 bombs a year vs 5 bombs of india and still its not enough for you???will you be able to fire all your nukes???bajipala ho jayega tum log ka, soch agar ek missile ne bhi mal function toh???and you dont have thermonuclear bombs....

adding 20 bombs a year vs 5 bombs of india and still its not enough for you???will you be able to fire all your nukes???bajipala ho jayega tum log ka, soch agar ek missile ne bhi mal function toh???and you dont have thermonuclear bombs....
You don't even have a design

Uncle Xian will hand them over.

Back
Top Bottom