What's new

India is betraying Iran after buckling under US pressure: Iranian media report 4 Jul, 2018 India is

I know. Iran must be very rich to give India free oil. every barrel of oil costs Iran $52 or some thing so Iran will pay the cost from it's pocket and give free oil to India lol.
But the guy has sense of humour. His named himself "Defence Analyst".

*Chuckles*.

Iran and India never had any special relations. What was 'special' about their relations, if one is to use the term at all, was that India alongwith Turkey and China continued trading with Iran despite US sanctions. India's governed by tactless fools right now and with the US seeking out a partner in the region to 'contain' China, India can barely keep up its 'non aligned' facade.

I'm glad Pakistan-Iran economic/financial ties are blossoming, though.

Currently it is a mixed dynamics for India and US is using it pressure and showing India great goodies to leave Iran and ditch it. Now Iran is very important for India because all of India foreign policy revolves around Pakistan and Iran has a great role to play here. India previously had benefit from Iran as it was getting cheap oil from it and ever since China came India lost that monopoly and P5+1 deal gave a huge blow to India which took Iran out of Indian claws. For India now Iran is just another oil supplier like any one in middle east. One thing Iran has is that many of business men in India are connected to Iran. Like the third richest man in India is deeply connected to Iran. He is an Ismaili Muslim and an Irani block in India. If India leave Iran for Gulf it will cost India huge. India will lose it's influence in Afghanistan as India saying no to oil also means Iran saying no to chabahar and till now chabahar is not in Indian hands but was only leased for few months.

Plus Iranian influence in Kargil is massive Iran can start a war in India with just few words from it's leader ship. Now lets see how India sit this one and yes Russians also come into play here as well.

But the guy has sense of humour. His named himself "Defence Analyst".

*Chuckles*

May Allah help us and help our coming generations.

India enjoys a bonhomie with two of the biggest nemesis of Iran.. But still mullah of Iran turns a blind eye so let him face the music. How does it feel when you get ditched and deserted when you the friend most?
India will drop Iran in a blink of an eye for USA and Israel.. that's how it is whether you see it in geopolitical or Eschatological pov

India should not buckle under pressure. It is not only daft, if the opposition plays this up - it is political suicide for Modi.
India rejected "aid with political strings attached" during the Nehru - Truman era. It circumvented sanctions on Iran even during MMS era. India is not bound by US sanctions, it is however bound by UN sanctions.
They might be some nod to the US for a couple weeks; I certainly hope this is not an actual policy that has been adopted.
But no one cares and respects UN resolutions / sanctions. Its always US who plays the game and I think its first time India is directly under pressure. it might be because wanted to break up USA Pakistan relations and offer his services, which always comes with a price.

Lets see what Modi ji comes up with to tackle this and other situations arising internationally.

Iran should lease its Oil wells to Pakistan who can sell it..and split the profits.. A win-win.situation..

But no one cares and respects UN resolutions / sanctions. Its always US who plays the game and I think its first time India is directly under pressure. it might be because wanted to break up USA Pakistan relations and offer his services, which always comes with a price.

Lets see what Modi ji comes up with to tackle this and other situations arising internationally.
But US is supporting the Chahbahar port. Clearly Trump is pretty clueless. He makes George W look like Lincoln.

As expected - US softens stance -

https://m.timesofindia.com/business...all-iran-oil-imports/articleshow/64836440.cms

It's syndicated from NY Times

But US is supporting the Chahbahar port. Clearly Trump is pretty clueless. He makes George W look like Lincoln.

After the recent Iran sanctions, I do not think there is any statement from USA supporting Chahbahar, if it serves USA purpose in any way they might compromise otherwise wait for the chahbahar tweet.

As expected - US softens stance -

https://m.timesofindia.com/business...all-iran-oil-imports/articleshow/64836440.cms

It's syndicated from NY Times

I saw this news and its keeping in mind that it was impossible to bring Iran exports to zero till Nov. 4 so some relaxation, but want to bring all iran oil exports to zero as soon as possible.

so clearly says, dead line was not realistic, hence extending it.

Betrayal is when you agree to sell oil for rupees and you throw that agreement in the garbage as soon as your sanctions end. Betrayal is when you go to a foreign country to attack a 3rd country’s diplomat. Betrayal is when you attack an embassy.

After the recent Iran sanctions, I do not think there is any statement from USA supporting Chahbahar, if it serves USA purpose in any way they might compromise otherwise wait for the chahbahar tweet.

I saw this news and its keeping in mind that it was impossible to bring Iran exports to zero till Nov. 4 so some relaxation, but want to bring all iran oil exports to zero as soon as possible.

so clearly says, dead line was not realistic, hence extending it.
Here is US supporting Chahbahar -

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-b...-port-amid-increasing-pressure-on-iran-2018-7

Yes, as I said, If it serves USA purpose. India could be used to access Afghanistan through this port. So still it will be discussed later this year and USA hopes that India lessen dependencies on Iran.

Not looking like a waiver, work in progress, extended deadline and still no Indian / foreign companies allowed to work or granted waiver.

Modi Ji did not question or criticize, like a good boy.

But Haley also said the US would not try to quash India's deal with Iran to develop the port at Chabahar, Iran's only oceanic port and a vital point of access to Afghanistan and Central Asia.

"We realize we're threading a needle when we do that," Haley said of the effort to balance between isolating Iran and developing Chabahar.

Haley said the impact of Iran-related sanctions on Indian companies would be discussed when the two countries' foreign and defense ministers met in Washington. That meeting was scheduled for July but has been delayed, likely until later this year.

"Sanctions are coming (on Iran), and we're going forward on that, and with India and the US building strong relationships we hoped that they would lessen their dependence on Iran," US Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley told reporters after a meeting with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 27.

"Prime Minister Modi very much understands where we are with Iran. He didn't question it. He didn't criticize it," Haley said. "He understood it, and he also understands that (India's) relationship with the US is strong and important and needs to stay that way."

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom