What's new

India is a friend or foe of the Muslim world

No question about it. It is a foe as long as BJP is popular. Hindutva is in now way different to Zionism. India is a secular nation only in that its constitution and laws says so. In practice this is not the case.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...zionism-hurdles-peace-democracy-scholars.html

Also sir, something I tell you on my personal level, either Hindutva or Buddhist, I would be very happy to be either of these two as I won’t like to accept a ‘foreign religion’, if I live in India. And while comparing these two religion, we find even Gautam Buddha was son of a Hindu king so Hindutva give a sense of the oldest religion of our region/ of world also. But we need to fix Hindutva to an extent, improve it, true. But I won’t like to see India to be a ‘religious colony’ of either Chrsitianity of West nor of Islam of Gulf also.

We all are different as a single human being and this is my very personal view. Being from ‘Indus Valley Civilization’ does give a sense of proud to me until Im an Indian resident, as per in my post 323 giving reference of government of India :tup:

They were worshipping Allah Before Islam, they have been worshipping Allah after Islam.

Allah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever asked yourself: why did Prophet Muhammed have a father named Abd-Allah? Meaning Slave of Allah.

I have read that Allah was one of the many gods worshipped in Arabia before Islam. He was one of the major one, the moon god.

In relation to Muslim children in India

A Muslim child attends school for three years and four months, compared to the national average of four years. Less than two percent of the students at the elite Indian Institutes of Technology comprise of the Muslim community. According to the National Knowledge Commission member Jayathi Ghosh, ‘there is a need to re-orient official strategies for ensuring better access of Muslim children to schooling outside the madrasas which cater to only four per cent of children from the community.

Don't you think it's an amazingly positive discourse in India compared to "who is wajib-ul-qatl" (or rather who is not!) type of discussion that is the mainstay of some of you?

If India was a friend of Muslim countries it would not discriminate against Muslims in India

Recently, Justice Rajinder Sachar Committee report admitted that 138 Million Muslims across India are severely under-represented in government employment, including Public Sector Units. Ironically, West Bengal, a communist ruled state reported 0 (zero) percent of Muslims in higher positions in its PSUs! It has found that the share of Muslims in government jobs and in the lower judiciary in any state simply does not come anywhere close to their population share. The only place where Muslims can claim a share in proportion to their population is in prison! (Muslims convicts in India is 19.1%, while the number of under trials is 22.5%, which exceed their population ratio) . A note sent on January 9 by the army to the defence ministry in 2004 says that only 29,093 Muslims among a total of 1.1 million personnel — a ratio of 2.6 %, which compares poorly with the Muslims’ 13.8 % share in the Indian population. Officially, Indian Army don’t allow head count based on religion.

A Muslim child attends school for three years and four months, compared to the national average of four years. Less than two percent of the students at the elite Indian Institutes of Technology comprise of the Muslim community. According to the National Knowledge Commission member Jayathi Ghosh, ‘there is a need to re-orient official strategies for ensuring better access of Muslim children to schooling outside the madrasas which cater to only four per cent of children from the community.

On average a Muslim family have 5 to 6 kids and they don’t give enough care to their kids and as India is a developing country and ‘cut off’ of most of the exams is very high there, those who arent competent enough are lagging. Population ratio of Muslims was 8% in 1947 while its now around 18% right now but this way Muslims have lost a level of competency also. But recently government has introduced reservation for Muslims in India so we hope to improve their presence by two times in different institutes/ jobs from now :tup:

^^ Even Britain discriminates against you?

We know Pakistani Muslim community has major issues with "integration" there.

Whatever the price of tea is in China it does not change the fact that India discriminates against Muslims.

In any event do you know what the topic is about? IMO India is a foe of Muslim countries.

Whatever the price of tea is in China it does not change the fact that India discriminates against Muslims.

In any event do you know what the topic is about? IMO India is a foe of Muslim countries.

And it is not about Indian secularism and the Muslim representation in Indian job market!

And definitely not another opportunity for you to fulfill that ever present need.

I can neatly divide my life to date into two equal halves.

Growing up and schooling vs college, work, and family.

I have known many muslims in that time, and I see one important change from one half to the other.

Simply put, for reasons I am not qualified to comment upon, and which I cannot actually explain, the lower socio-economic class Muslims did not put much emphasis on education.

And that cycle perpetuated itself from generation to generation. And it was gender equal for the most part - give or take a year or two extra for the boy.

But I see that changing now.

Also sir, something I tell you on my personal level, either Hindutva or Buddhist, I would be very happy to be either of these two as I won’t like to accept a ‘foreign religion’, if I live in India. And while comparing these two religion, we find even Gautam Buddha was son of a Hindu king so Hindutva give a sense of the oldest religion of our region. But we need to fix Hindutva to an extent, improve it, true. But I won’t like to see India to be a ‘religious colony’ of either Chrsitianity of West nor of Islam of Gulf also.

We all are different as a single human being and this is my very personal view. Being from ‘Indus Valley Civilization’ does give a sense of proud to me until Im an Indian resident, as per in my post 323 giving reference of government of India :tup:

If you were to read that thread in which I invited Indian forum members to tell us about Hindutva. Some were all for Hindutva without knowing what it stood for. To some it meant different things to other members. Then there was also a notable number of Indian forum members who believed it to be racist philosophy propagated by a group of thugs.

IMO Hindutva is a philosophy it is no more a religion than Zionism. Problem is you can not propagate Hindutva and then at the same time claim to be secular

Hindutva has nothing to do with religion.

Hindutva is our sense of being as one people. The genes we have shared on the land that has bred and fed us for millenia.

Anyone who wants to see it different to that has an agenda - one way or the other.

And it is not about Indian secularism and the Muslim representation in Indian job market!

And definitely not another opportunity for you to fulfill that ever present need.

My assertion is valid. I believe if India claims to be a friend of Muslim countries then at very least it would treat its own Muslim citizens fairly. Your attempt to go and talk about discrimination of Muslims in UK is not relevant to India being a foe or friend of Muslim countries

My assertion is valid. I believe if India claims to be a friend of Muslim countries then at very least it would treat its own Muslim citizens fairly. Your attempt to go and talk about discrimination of Muslims in UK is not relevant to India being a foe or friend of Muslim countries

Your assertion is not based on facts and not acknowledging the reality of your own country as the worst place for treatment of minorities. They have been practically ethnically cleansed in Pakistan.

You are just not in a position to talk of minority treatment in India or anywhere.

India has decent relations with the vast majority of Muslim or Christian or Buddhist countries or countries following any religion or no religion.

In short, religion is not a factor in our diplomacy.

Moreover how can Indian goverment be at fault when instead of sending their children to modern school Indian muslim countinue to send their children to madrassa, which hardly teach much Maths and science.
As far Indian Muslim are cocerned one thing they are should not be forgotten that most of Indian muslims to who decided to stay back in India were poor uneducated muslims.

And now if statics show that Indian mulsims are disadvantaged then the real reason for their present status is not discrimaination but the fact that were poor and uneducated even during british times. also and their strict adherence to Islam is also an important factor in present poor state of affair.
We should not make a large fuss about th present state of mulsim because large portion(60%) of Indian population is still poor.

And Muslims bound to be discriminated against in North India because North Indian Muslims were the ones who wanted partition and when the country was partitioned due to them they did not leave. Present state of affairs of Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh also makes average Indian question Islam.

We heard they were missing inside Bangladesh and India!
Any evidence of the bodies or body counts?
Muslim Nations have many foes my friend, be it the Christians, the Jews, some Hindus and many other atheists, they just couldn't understand that Islam is all about peace and quiet within ones self and with the others.
let me tell you this little story of the beginning of Islam where the first followers of the prophet Mohammad PBUH were slaughtered and most of them were killed while not carrying any weapons, and the prophet himself was attacked and a bounty was offered to his potential killers, he than had to hide in the desert, and the remaining of his followers started asking him to carry weapons and defend him, but he waited till it was dictated to him by God that He and his followers were under obligation to defend themselves and also the laws of warfare prescribed to Muslims: when an enemy wages war against you, than you wage war on him( you spare the kids, the elderly and women) and when you win you are obliged to be merciful to treat them with dignity and spare their lives. This is Islam at its extreme violent point.
I can not say this on any other one.
I don't know if the bold part is being followed by the Muslims, Look at the number of women, children, ealderly and innocents who were killed by sucide bombers who are from the Fanatic/Conservative Islamic society. What your talking does not apply to modern Islam. Islam is now infulenced by hipocracy to the max and its not ISLAM;s fault its the people who follow ISLAM have deviated from the path set to them and that is the reason that the world is now divided into to MUSLIMS and NON MUSLIMS.
Does the world think about Chirstianity or any other religion when it comes to Diplomacy and Politics, Only the Islamic nation seeks the unity of ISLAMIC States and this voice perticularly raises the most inside PAKISTAN and no other ISLAMIC nation plays this religious card as dirty as PAKISTAN.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom