What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

Cultural/civilizational influences were not restricted by modern day boundaries back then.

Indians & Pakistanis. You should have a crystal ball if you could tell apart a Pak Punjabi or a Sindhi from an average North Indian (Punjabi,Haryanvi or a Rajasthani in particular)

Genius, Calcuttans (Bengalis) are not North Indians.

Those are Northwest Indians not North Indians then. Let's assume true, you're saying about 5% of India looks like Pakistan. That is not India that is an extreme fringe of India that may look somewhat Pakistani.

You could argue that 5% of France looks like the Congo. By your logic then do the French look like the people from Congo?

Bharatavarsha is roughly the area that today speaks Sanskrit-based or Sanskrit influenced languages. That includes Punjab, Sindh, Nepal, Assam (Sanskrit-based languages) and also the South (Sanskrit influence - Malayalam is 80% Sanskrit.)

That does not answer my question. The people were not consciously part of this concept, there is no parallel to rome where people are fully aware and more sophisticated about their identity, you are trying to fabricate one for south Asians.

Again, you are educating the dead to what they were.

The flow of culture?? What the heck is this culture you are on about?

Language?arts?architecture?music?

Or is something as banal as we eat spicey food:lol:

Meaning both sides had the same culture (influenced by the same culture),habit before the arrival of MBQ.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Those are Northwest Indians not North Indians then. Let's assume true, you're saying about 5% of India looks like Pakistan. That is not India that is a very extreme fringe of India that may look somewhat Pakistani.

You could argue that 5% of France looks like the Congo. By your logic then do the French look like the people from Congo?

Most of the time Punjabis on both sides look the same as UP wallahs too. Unless they open their mouth you cant distinguish between them.

Anyway my contention is not that.

I have made it abundantly clear that you cannot group all Indians into any one group. They are spread along all groups - from Caucasian to Mongoloid to Negrito to typical South Asian.

Meaning both sides had the same culture (influenced by the same culture),habit before the arrival of MBQ.

I don't think you can say that, at best you can say they sad some similar cultural themes.
But just look at modern India North, West, East, South and Central India have VERY different cultures. But they do have some themes in common.

I don't think you can say that, at best you can say they sad some similar cultural themes.
But just look at modern India North, West, East, South and Central India have VERY different cultures. But they do have some themes in common.

Exactly.

This is all about making a kingdom based on a theme, when you dig just a tiny bit you say it's a different story.

I said before arrival of MBQ both North India & modern day Punjab & Sindh had similar culture.

That does not answer my question. The people were not consciously part of this concept, there is no parallel to rome where people are fully aware and more sophisticated about their identity, you are trying to fabricate one for south Asians.

Again, you are educating the dead to what they were.

It was the same Vedas, the same Ramayana, the same Mahabharata, the same Ayurveda, that was revered from Punjab and Sindh to Bengal and Assam, from Shaivite Kashmir to Kanyakumari. The culture, the Ragas of classical music are all common. You are saying the people were unaware of it? Surely you are joking.

Except for some mountain Pashtun or a Baloch , anyone would be hardpressed to tell a Pakistani (especially Punjabi,Sindhi) from an Indian (especially North Indian).

I am not a Punjabi/Sindhi however I can't speak for Sindhi's as there aren't many in the U.K and i have never been to Karachi/Sindh. As for Punjabis, I can generally tell them apart from other Indian Punjabis let alone other North Indians. North Indians look exactly the same as Tamils/South Indians!

Those are Northwest Indians not North Indians then. Let's assume true, you're saying about 5% of India looks like Pakistan. That is not India that is an extreme fringe of India that may look somewhat Pakistani.

North india is n't Bengal .

North india includes Punjab,Hariyana,Hinmachal,J& K,Delhi, Uttarakhand, Western UP, Rajastan and parts of Gujarat with combined population of more than 30crores thats 25% of the population whose inhabitants can easily pass off for neighboring Pakistanis.

Yes ,shared cultural & religious heritage .

We are like Europe ,but we are one country.

I am not a Punjabi/Sindhi however I can't speak for Sindhi's as there aren't many in the U.K and i have never been to Karachi/Sindh. As for Punjabis, I can generally tell them apart from other Indian Punjabis let alone other North Indians. North Indians look exactly the same as Tamils/South Indians!

North indians look like north indians ,probably little more closer to punjabi than South indians depending on geography..

Not every south indian look similar to Tamilians, not just that not every tamilian look similar.

asif-zardari-image2.jpg

This fellow looks like some Tamil film star ....who is he??

Chalo, looks like a truce is declared here. Warriors retire to fight another day, in some other battle.

Back
Top Bottom