What's new

India, Iran and Oman go under sea to build pipelines, change geopolitics

Why you are quoting that part of my post??
And what it has to do with what i said??
your Answer : Price is decide before the project and not after its completion..

this was my explanation:
One Example for your R&D
" ISLAMABAD President Zardari will make a special request to his Iranian counterpart, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to lower the demanded price of gas from the $7.6billion Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) pipeline project when he will visit Tehran on March 10, sources told Dawn.

The Iranian authorities have given a March 19 deadline to Pakistan to agree to price of gas. Iran has been demanding 78 per cent of the international crude oil price, which is considered too expensive to be accepted by Pakistan."

I think, the reason to charge higher price was due to the fact that Iran was financing majority of the project.

May be. Also because the international gas prices have started falling only recently and there is no more a scarcity, indeed glut in some regions.

this was my explanation:
One Example for your R&D
" ISLAMABAD President Zardari will make a special request to his Iranian counterpart, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to lower the demanded price of gas from the $7.6billion Iran-Pakistan-India (IPI) pipeline project when he will visit Tehran on March 10, sources told Dawn.

The Iranian authorities have given a March 19 deadline to Pakistan to agree to price of gas. Iran has been demanding 78 per cent of the international crude oil price, which is considered too expensive to be accepted by Pakistan."
I am not getting what you are trying to say??
This is something called as negotiations which are done bfore the project.

and now Oman is finance this project ???
No Iran,Oman and India will jointly finance it.

My dear friend when you write a country's name you write the first letter in capital like this-Iran,India,Pakistan e.t.c.
I hope you got my point. :cheers:

I got my friend , but come on, it's just a forum and i'm writing fast, in important texts or in paper i do right, thanks in advance )

Under sea pipeline is not more than a pipe dream. :-) It is same as our Pakistani dreaming of a gas line going to China through Karakorum :p:

Under sea pipeline is not more than a pipe dream. :-) It is same as our Pakistani dreaming of a gas line going to China through Karakorum :p:
Thats what you think,reality is ofcourse different.

At last they think about it! I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for the government to think about this as an alternative.

There was simply no other choice as the long term security cost in Pakistan will be very high. Too much volatility.

$5 billion seems to be a very high price in the short run, but in the long run, this will be a worthy investment.

Only problem is, the pipeline will mean additional responsibility to the Navy, especially in case of war.

At last they think about it! I was beginning to wonder how long it would take for the government to think about this as an alternative.

There was simply no other choice as the long term security cost in Pakistan will be very high. Too much volatility.

$5 billion seems to be a very high price in the short run, but in the long run, this will be a worthy investment.

Only problem is, the pipeline will mean additional responsibility to the Navy, especially in case of war.
It is cheaper than the ground pipeline through Pakistan!!

why do you think both options are dream? China is already digging lots of tunnel in that area.

It is a possibility. The reason to rope Oman in was just that; so that we don't enter the territorial waters of Pakistan and at the same time ensure safe passage of pipelines into our territory, without any political fallout.

Too bad you don't see the practicality behind this.

Regarding you supplying gas from Balochistan into China, what is stopping you from asking Tajikistan from giving you the permit?

They don't have hostile relations with you.

why do you think both options are dream? China is already digging lots of tunnel in that area.
Because in work in the gas transportation sector.

It is a possibility. The reason to rope Oman in was just that; so that we don't enter the territorial waters of Pakistan and at the same time ensure safe passage of pipelines into our territory, without any political fallout.

Too bad you don't see the practicality behind this.

Regarding you supplying gas from Balochistan into China, what is stopping you from asking Tajikistan from giving you the permit?

They don't have hostile relations with you.
Well if u have read my earlier post, what i meant was that it is also not possible. You know the height , mountains etc.

Back
Top Bottom