What's new

India involved in illicit nuclear activities: US t

Originally posted by Samudra@Mar 23 2006, 03:20 PM
Sir,

I was under the impression that thermal power stations fire coal in their boilers to produce heat which in turn produce steam to run the turbines.

OTOH, if you are talking about Diesel Engine Power Plants or Gas Turbine Combined Cycle Power Plants then yes, we do have quite a few of them.

Go here to find a list of power plants in India.

A vast majority are conventional thermals.In 1995, India had an installed generating capacity of 81,000 megawatts (MW), of which 73 percent was thermal
[post=7635]Quoted post[/post]​
Sam,
I meant Gas, procurement of coal is becoming a problem and many of these power stations are performing much below their capacity. I believe that diesel power plants are not cost effective.

I learn't a little about it, as I am trying to help create village co-ops to produce micro-hydel power and sell it to the national grid, but the govt refuses to connect them at the moment.

Originally posted by Samudra@Mar 22 2006, 02:13 PM
I will say it again.
The ramifications of this deal will be felt only after DECADES.
How does this deal reduce India's consumption of oil in the next two decades?

Nuclear reactors dont help us to run cars and bikes.
And by three decades, US and other oil importers would be eager to switch over to alternative energy for fuelling automobiles etc.
[post=7559]Quoted post[/post]​

The information that the demand from india can be discounted would help the US or any other national companies to locate and fine tune their gas/oil procurement and supply lines.

And thats a very imp piece of info the gas/oil traders/dealers would have and will definitly help the gas price lose its stickness at the peak.

Originally posted by Samudra@Mar 22 2006, 01:27 PM
Boss, you have to tell me where you got those numbers from.

The number of warheads we make - or the number of warheads we CAN make, amount of Plutonium required are all closely guarded secrets.
[post=7546]Quoted post[/post]​

Closly guraded secrets?? well samudra not exactly cuz i have the map of about almost all the nuclear fast breeders of India and other information such as total production with exclusive info:)

so you can imagin how closly guraded secrets are these days.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 24 2006, 09:04 PM
Closly guraded secrets?? well samudra not exactly cuz i have the map of about almost all the nuclear fast breeders of India and other information such as total production with exclusive info:)

so you can imagin how closly guraded secrets are these days.
[post=7704]Quoted post[/post]​

Janajee,

The concept of MND is dead when the number of warheads we can make,posses, fire at the enemy are known to the adversary.

Having a map of all nuclear establishments and information concerning their consumption of fuel,production of electricity dont tell you about the amount of Plutonium/U a standard nuclear warhead utilizes.

"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." :thumbsup:

psst : we have only one breeder.

No body knows how many 'actual' nukes Pakistan, India and Israel have. International think tanks and foreign intelligence agencies 'estimate' the nuclear capacity of these three countries in particular to the size and capacity of each power plant they have which is directly proportional to how much weapons-grade plutonium and/or uranium can be amassed within a given time frame (lets say, one year) . This enables these agencies to then draw up a rough estimate as to how many 'actual' bombs or 'would-be' bomb fissile material these countries possess.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 24 2006, 11:36 PM
No body knows how many 'actual' nukes Pakistan, India and Israel have. International think tanks and foreign intelligence agencies 'estimate' the nuclear capacity of these three countries in particular to the size and capacity of each power plant they have which is directly proportional to how much weapons-grade plutonium and/or uranium can be amassed within a given time frame (lets say, one year) . This enables these agencies to then draw up a rough estimate as to how many 'actual' bombs or 'would-be' bomb fissile material these countries possess.
[post=7723]Quoted post[/post]​

and these very thinktanks and inteligence agencies estimated the no of WMDs in Iraq...oops

Do you actually believe that they themselves believed in what they wanted the world to believe? :cool:

Originally posted by Samudra@Mar 27 2006, 08:18 AM
Do you actually believe that they themselves believed in what they wanted the world to believe? :cool:
[post=7834]Quoted post[/post]​

They were bluffing!!!

Lets take it this way all of you.
In my own opinion i think that every country has the right to develop nuclear arsonel be it Pakistan, India, Iran, or any other why on earth we had to object to other's while we like it for ourselves,
you see all of us are blaming the others for getting or developing nuclear material while if our country do the same we are realy happy isnt it double standard also.
Every country had developed the nukes illegaly so there is no question whther someone who signed the NPT and than went for nukes has done anything wrong or those who had nt signed it thts why they are right if get nukes.
Nor we had to point out that who transffered the tech to others as every country who had aquired the nuclear capability had got the stuff from some other through illegal or for that matter black marketing had u ever heard that all those who are nuclear powers today were offered the same openly by other country nooopppp it means we all developed it thourgh back doors.

So lets stop blaming and accept that everyone had the right to do so:)

{hope im not gonna be grilled by members heheh :laugh: )

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 27 2006, 04:40 PM
So lets stop blaming and accept that everyone had the right to do so:)
Agreed, but the problem arises when they make rabid statements about wiping out nations. That is when people get worried about their true intentions.

Originally posted by sword9@Mar 27 2006, 05:52 PM
Agreed, but the problem arises when they make rabid statements about wiping out nations. That is when people get worried about their true intentions.
[post=7889]Quoted post[/post]​

Which people you are talking about Sword, please dont conditionalis based on biase perceptions.

Tell are you not worried when US talk about pre-emptive strikes anywhere in the world on the pretext to protect US intrests ? Do u think the world should not be worried by their true intentions.So i think just by one statment and that which had nothing to do with others but just hurt the US blue-eyed Isreal should not be made justification for saying that Iran or some other country was planning to wip the world.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 27 2006, 05:18 PM
Which people you are talking about Sword, please dont conditionalis based on biase perceptions.

Tell are you not worried when US talk about pre-emptive strikes anywhere in the world on the pretext to protect US intrests ? Do u think the world should not be worried by their true intentions.So i think just by one statment and that which had nothing to do with others but just hurt the US blue-eyed Isreal should not be made justification for saying that Iran or some other country was planning to wip the world.
[post=7892]Quoted post[/post]​

World shudnt be worried about US.
US represents the modern world and is the heart beat of the world economy.

They have clearly stated conditions for pre emptive strikes as the axis of evil.

U cannot compare US to any other country.

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 27 2006, 06:43 PM
World shudnt be worried about US.
US represents the modern world and is the heart beat of the world economy.

They have clearly stated conditions for pre emptive strikes as the axis of evil.

U cannot compare US to any other country.
[post=7897]Quoted post[/post]​

You are advised to wake up open ur eyes and read carefully what i had posted.
and kindly avoid commenting with closed eyes and without using ur brain.
Hope u will read carefully thn u will come to know whom im worried about?

yeh attacking Iraq exectly prove that their conditions were right :laugh:
exis of eveil:) everyone knows that when someone dosnt bow to US its part of exis of evil.

i wish some people could change their mentality

Did you know how many times India defied the US?

Were we called a evil country?

How many indian firms have been sanctioned by the US for selling Nuclear Tech to Saddam Hussein? Last year it was 8 such companies and a few indian nooklar scientits. I know in 2006 more such indian firms were put under American Sanctions. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom