What's new

India invites Bangladeshis for research

What are you bitching about.

If ppl from BD dont like it they wont take it. Why are you ppl forever looking a Gift horse in the mouth ?

This is not a gift but an offer. India will benefit from this as well, no need to get excited. Just stating the facts. The people with more merits will not look into this kind of offer, if that is what GoI is planning.

What diff does it make if they are 1ss or last grade ? Isnt education meant for all ?
Fully agreed but again, i am just saying that if India plans to get the better portion of students from BD then that is not enough money.

This is not a gift but an offer. India will benefit from this as well, no need to get excited. Just stating the facts. The people with more merits will not look into this kind of offer, if that is what GoI is planning.

It is very hard to get into such research institutions,need to clear tough entrance tests

oh great. Now Indians will beat the drums for next 100 years that Bangladeshis go to India for study. Either way its normal between 2 countries to have such bilateral agreement . Don't see why should there be a big fuss requiring a thread on it.

Fully agreed but again, i am just saying that if India plans to get the better portion of students from BD then that is not enough money.

India couldnt care what ' kind ' of students come - they will return after they study.

Which part of may mail gave the impression of getting excited ?

oh great. Now Indians will beat the drums for next 100 years that Bangladeshis go to India for study. Either way its normal between 2 countries to have such bilateral agreement . Don't see why should there be a big fuss requiring a thread on it.

Ask your countryman.

seriously??

It is very hard to get into such research institutions,need to clear tough entrance tests

Not very surprising, but as i said earlier, i am quite positive that the better portion of our students wouldn't look into it

India couldnt care what ' kind ' of students come - they will return after they study.

I won't be so sure about that

Which part of may mail gave the impression of getting excited ?

pretty much all of it

is it a bilateral agreement? Does bd give stipend to Indian reserchers, please post the link here.
And India does not have to beat the drum about bangladeshi students, there are already many here(and probably Indians in bd too), this is for research scholarship in govt or UGC funded institutions.

Not very surprising, but as i said earlier, i am quite positive that the better portion of our students wouldn't look into it
Wow :lol:

I know how these institutions work. They are not exactly keen on recruiting foreigners for research projects. Sometimes they are forced to because the central government makes certain allocations and issues directives. Funny thing about it though, even if a foreigner does submit an application, chances are he or she would be rejected owing to competency issues (a problem in countries like Bangladesh). The institutes would claim they couldn't find a suitable candidate and eventually end up absorbing native researchers.

You folks read too much into it. They are only throwing you a bone. Take it or leave it. We're not exactly pining for Bangladeshi intellect in social sciences.

@Luffy 500
@Lone

Last edited by a moderator:

I know how these institutions work. They are not exactly keen on recruiting foreigners for research projects. Sometimes they are forced to because the central government makes certain allocations and issues directives. Funny thing about it though, even if a foreigner does submit an application, chances are he or she would be rejected owing to competency issues (a problem in countries like Bangladesh). The institutes would claim they couldn't find a suitable candidate and eventually end up absorbing native researchers.

You folks read too much into it. They are only throwing you a bone. Take it or leave it. We're not exactly pining for Bangladeshi intellect in social sciences.

@Luffy 500
@Lone

As i said earlier, with this offer, if you guys are expecting competent students then chances are high that you will be disappointed :lol:

is it a bilateral agreement? Does bd give stipend to Indian reserchers, please post the link here.
And India does not have to beat the drum about bangladeshi students, there are already many here(and probably Indians in bd too), this is for research scholarship in govt or UGC funded institutions.

I didn't read the whole article. My mistake. But I see its for humanities and social science. :lol: Wonder why such a thing would require opening a thread and that too found it self in a news paper of all things (albeit an awami news paper).

Either way its not anything great offered by India to BD. And BD post-grad students will opt for countries in EU or US than India for pursuing research. Isn't that obvious and same goes for Indian students who flock to western countries in hordes. Not that there won't be some BDs who will go to India but that would be a miniscule amount.

@Luffy 500
@Lone

SO U think BDs are falling head over heels for going to India to do "research". Don't flatter yourselves.

I didn't read the whole article. My mistake. But I see its for humanities and social science. :lol: Wonder why such a thing would require opening a thread and that too found it self in a new paper of all things (albeit a awami new paper).

Either way its not anything great offered by India to BD? And BD post-grad students will opt for countries in EU or US than India for pursuing research. Isn't that obvious and same goes for Indian students who flock to western countries in hordes. Not that there won't be some BDs who will go to India but that would be a miniscule amount.

SO U think BDs are falling head over heels for going to India to do "research". Don't flatter yourselves.

Yeah, from BD student point of view, it might be more lucrative to go to west for research. But as you see, its for humanities, not every uni in west will provide money to research 'effect of Kazi Nazrul Islam's poetry on bengali literature and arts' for example. :)

Yeah, from BD student point of view, it might be more lucrative to go to west for research. But as you see, its for humanities, not every uni in west will provide money to research 'effect of Kazi Nazrul Islam's poetry on bengali literature and arts' for example. :)

Really? My cousin did his fellowship back in late 80s from London,his subject was lokojo natto shilpo of Bangladesh.

Really? My cousin did his fellowship back in late 80s from London,his subject was lokojo natto shilpo of Bangladesh.

I said, not all, the number of such opportunities are few in west. I know many of them give country specific or language specific studies too, but their range is very wide( whole world) , and consequently very few opportunities.
People are comparing with undergrad/postgrad courses which are many.

Back
Top Bottom