What's new

India in Transition>Dangerous Misperceptions: Chinese Views of India’s Rise

who cares? india is an irrelvant player both globally and in asia. it's only trumpeted in western media and some sections of subcontinent media.

Sorry for my ignorance I actually had to google your country’s name to see who you are..
you have a population of 1400 people, so you believe Tokelau has a representation?
Or are you really a **** disguised in “Tokelau” ?

Sorry for my ignorance I actually had to google your country’s name to see who you are..
you have a population of 1400 people, so you believe Tokelau has a representation?
Or are you really a **** disguised in “Tokelau” ?

You are new to this forum . He is a Pakistani .

Only Pakistanis here can get the post of a think tank

Please guys, can we stick to the topic please!
@topic: From what I have learnt here in singapore with my numerous interaction with the people from PRC is that people in PRC do not think about India or international and geopolitical matters much, unlike us (influence of media i guess). Plus, I think underplaying India on the state run news channels also help in pumping up the confidence in the government which is what CPC would want to happen. And if this continues to happen during the coming years, this would inhibit people to people interaction and trade which could be detrimental to the interest of both the nations much more so to India since Indian entrepreneurial energy at this point of time is much more than PRC's which sustains mainly on FDIs even though giants like Huawei and ZTE exist. Another point is that the Chinese government is not that receptive of the Indian business community since we have seen the problems with bajaj losing out on its operations in China recently. Last point is that, if we have to ramp up our industry to compare it to China's we should be having a comprehensive electronics manufacturing policy. The government has been swinging both sides in this regard, just like it does with the Indian Foreign policy. On the last note, I hope India-China embark on a strategic relationship and trade diplomacy so as to secure the resources in the Asia Pacific and use the high value market in the Europe and the US to their advantage.

why not? it's more profitable for them to open it in Germany.

Opening it in India is less profitable but quarantines indians in india this way.

മയിര്. ivanmarkku vere pani onnum ille!

India is very poor on all the above. There's numerical advantages in India i don't deny but quantity is irrelevant here.

All of these you are stagnant in pretty much. While India is climbing fast.

Automotive for example.

This is where Pakistan is at.

sitara1.jpg

images

India

Mahindra-XUV500-11.JPG

Mahindra_XUV_500_First_Drive-168.jpg

tata-aria-2010-9-16-1-32-44.jpg

12.jpg

I don't see Chinese public opinion on India is in anyway more ignorant and prejudiced than Western opinion on China. One of my best friend is an Australian civil servant working for the federal government. She was shocked when I told her people can own properties in China and no longer use communal bathroom. Later she told me her boss warned her to take what I said with a grain of salt because Chinese government has strict rules on what Chinese people can say when they're outside China.

Anyway, understanding takes time, even at this globalized digital age.

i've already mentioned it.

none of you seem to grasp what i'm saying though.

you have not mentioned any,give full list
you only say india is s*it country,cannot match pakistan tech in next few year,pak will acquire space tech from china and other non sence
if you dont want to tell what tech you have the dont bother comparing

I don't see Chinese public opinion on India is in anyway more ignorant and prejudiced than Western opinion on China. One of my best friend is an Australian civil servant working for the federal government. She was shocked when I told her people can own properties in China and no longer use communal bathroom. Later she told me her boss warned her to take what I said with a grain of salt because Chinese government has strict rules on what Chinese people can say when they're outside China.

Property ownership is new thing for China. You can hardly blame people for being ignorant of such things. Most prejudices are based on long held views.

Which one does Chinese people care more, India or Mars?

This is called successful diversion of the topic on hand. When it was meant to be Chinese perceptions on India, it has become a topic of Indian and Pakistani technology details. Leading the way is a think tank!!!

Is there any chance of getting back on topic here after 10 pages??

On topic i think that the Chinese perceptions are but natural as they are at the top of the food chain now and would be comparing with the best only. The last 40 years have been spent in betterment and reaching the Western development levels not Indian ones. There is a reason why India compares with China rather than West. The Chinese dream gives Indian dream a realistic sense as it shows that we too can achieve if our Asian neighbors could do it. When India can reach in striking distance of Chinese growth and other related factors levels then may be Chinese will start talking of India. I don't think we have to worry any way. This is part of evolution. Indians and Chinese being from ancient civilizations know it well.

In the mean while what the two governments can do is to increase people to people contacts so that in future at some point when we square off, there will not be any unnecessary tension between the two.

Mere Pakistani bhaiyon-

Agar hamari tarakki apki gale nhin utar rahi hei to aap hamara gala kyon daba raheho...??? :lol:

I can say that if France and Uk can have peace after a long history of war and hatred then India, China and Pakistan can also have it....The future generation wont accept any looses over sentiments.

Yes, because we know that Mars belong to Korea and we do care much more aboout Korea than India. I hope we can care more about india because it's really a giant nation too.

We would be very grateful eternally if China cares about India. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom