What's new

India in talks for a second nuke sub lease: Russian envoy

Its not just about size the Japanese have probably the best silencing technology out thete, interesting fact is the akula 2 contains some Japanese tech :azn:

Well I am not aware of anything which a Soryu contributes to an Akula2. You may name it.

As for noise reduction , the quietest subs today ( diesel electrics ) are the Type212/ Walrus Class .
Further the German fuel cell is better ( quieter too) than the Swedish Sterling's used upon the Japanese ones.

Also comes in other things like range/ endurance etc. The surprising part is despite being big, the range of Soryu is not good enough that it can sail from western Australia to South China sea, patrol there for two weeks and then again return back quietly.

Well I am not aware of anything which a Soryu contributes to an Akula2. You may name it.

As for noise reduction , the quietest subs today ( diesel electrics ) are the Type212/ Walrus Class .
Further the German fuel cell is better ( quieter too) than the Swedish Sterling's used upon the Japanese ones.

Also comes in other things like range/ endurance etc. The surprising part is despite being big, the range of Soryu is not good enough that it can sail from western Australia to South China sea, patrol there for two weeks and then again return back quietly.

It was Toshiba and a Norwegian company that gave some tech for the akula 2. I'm not sure about that because the Americans even bought one of those Swedish subs to conduct mock practise drills (apparently they performed really well)

I rate the German tech too but the Japanese have been building subs since many years now also they have some pretty cool features themselves.

It was Toshiba and a Norwegian company that gave some tech for the akula 2. I'm not sure about that because the Americans even bought one of those Swedish subs to conduct mock practise drills (apparently they performed really well)

I rate the German tech too but the Japanese have been building subs since many years now also they have some pretty cool features themselves.

Count the number of German Submarines today in service , and the number of postwar Japanese submarines( retired and active ).
The Germans will still out number them.

Also the latest models can travel 2 weeks without resurfacing

Count the number of German Submarines today in service , and the number of postwar Japanese submarines( retired and active ).
The Germans will still out number them.

Of course they would Japanese don't need or would sell them to just anyone even they were not going to be part of the Australian tender but in last few years they changed their stance.

The Japanese have lithium ion tech but they not willing to sell it even to the Australians but lets see they might change their mind

Of course they would Japanese don't need or would sell them to just anyone even they were not going to be part of the Australian tender but in last few years they changed their stance.

You want to procure something. You conduct a tendering process. You get 3 Response, all three qualify the basic criteria you want.

Now everything comes down to the cost. Why would you buy a more expensive one which does not goes better than the lower priced one?

Singapore recently ordered Type218 submarines ,the deal for 2 Submarines with all weapons, tranings ,logistics and operations support for initial years cost 1.36 BILLION US dollars.

Compare this to the ~650 million dollars one Soryu is built in present times.

Also the latest models can travel 2 weeks without resurfacing

The Japanese have lithium ion tech but they not willing to sell it even to the Australians but lets see they might change their mind

The lithium Ion tech is only under development. And its expected that the last units will have it.
And at present they depend upon Sweden for the AIP.

You want to procure something. You conduct a tendering process. You get 3 Response, all three qualify the basic criteria you want.

Now everything comes down to the cost. Why would you buy a more expensive one which does not goes better than the lower priced one?

Singapore recently ordered Type218 submarines ,the deal for 2 Submarines with all weapons, tranings ,logistics and operations support for initial years cost 1.36 BILLION US dollars.

Compare this to the ~650 million dollars one Soryu is built in present times.

The lithium Ion tech is only under development. And its expected that the last units will have it.
And at present they depend upon Sweden for the AIP.

The thing with this is that all companies including the Germans safeguard their most prized technology (what they export is not what is often used by themselves)

When it comes to stealth features etc we can't say which will be better unless we have the full picture. I think Modi did ask them to be part of the tender but lets see if they will take part or not.

Sorry mate but im using my mobile I was going to post a link on some of the features including the hull of this class.

The thing with this is tft all companies including the Germans safeguard their most prized technology (what they export is not what is often used by themselves)

When it comes to stealth features etc we can't say which will be better unless we have the full picture. I think Modi did ask them to be part of the tender but lets see if they will take part or not.

My two points being
1. The Type216 offer of Germany is the choice for us for the things our Navy wants.
2. The price tag ofSoryu. Its one thing that baffles me. Its ridiculously high. If we buy it with TOT, one submarine will cost similar to acquiring a new Akula.

'The characteristic is secrecy': Behind the scenes on Japan's state-of-the-art submarine - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

My two points being
1. The Type216 offer of Germany is the choice for us for the things our Navy wants.
2. The price tag ofSoryu. Its one thing that baffles me. Its ridiculously high. If we buy it with TOT, one submarine will cost similar to acquiring a new Akula.

I think they worth going for really especially with the current Japanese ties we have.

We getting 3 more scorps no doubt about that

@PARIKRAMA IN Negotiating more Mig29Ks as per the report.

Report said
India is also looking at buying some more MiG 29K fighters for INS Vikramaditya,

Vikramaditya more Migs is a bit far fetched.. For her need 45 are there... including spares + training ..
Perhaps for IAC 1. As i said in IN thread, original talk was for 90 in two batches of 45...

It would be good if its 45 for IAC 1.. 30 on ship and 1 squadron reserve.. Should see a good package around USD 3 Bn

Now big question is what happens to NLCA

Navy has requirement for 8 sqds, if 5 of those are equiped with Mig29ks
And with Vishal having 2-3 Sqds of either Rafale M or F35
That doesn't leave any room for NLCA

@PARIKRAMA IN Negotiating more Mig29Ks as per the report.
How mig29k compares with mig35,I think we should go for of superior mig35.

Now big question is what happens to NLCA

Navy has requirement for 8 sqds, if 5 of those are equiped with Mig29ks
And with Vishal having 2-3 Sqds of either Rafale M or F35
That doesn't leave any room for NLCA
NLCA is still under development & its inferior to mig29k,there is no point in going for more number of nlca instead IN should pursue N-AMCA.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom