What's new

India in talks for a second nuke sub lease: Russian envoy

How mig29k compares with mig35,I think we should go for of superior mig35.
Air frame is similar but not the same, Aft and main spars are hardened on the the mig35,
Mig 35 has aspect thrust vectoring which the mig 29K doesn't
Zhuk AE AESA radar compared to the Zhuk ME radar on the mig29K.
Mig29k has a carrier operation rated airframe and landing gear which the Mig35 lacks, Mig35 airframe is a mig29M frame under the shell.
Rest of the capabilities, in weapons delivery, Optical sensors, control system, mission computers are of similar nature.

But the biggest difference is Mig29K is an optimised naval varaint which Mig35 is not and neither has a qualified Naval variant developed.
Thus the Mig29K makes much better sense in selecting as a carrier operation platform for the Indian Navy.

How mig29k compares with mig35,I think we should go for of superior mig35.

As per other blogs, MiG-35 takes the main improvements of the MiG-29K (engines, strengthening, western-standard communication bus, etc.), extends the avionics, enlarges the nose for the AESA radar, and uses a new main wing similar to the MiG-29K wing's size.

Unfortunately, IN may be more keen for 29s then 35s owing to the feedback they already got via MMRCA evaluation where whole 35 or rather 29M2 failed miserably..Moreover 29K is properly a marine/naval version... 35 OTOH is a land version to be converted to naval version..Thus not optimised for carrier ops..

Now i do remember reading India is interested to see if AESA radar could be Israeli 2052 for land based original Mig29s.. So if thats the way forward then 29s may be MLUed later that way.. Russian AESA will need a much larger nose cone as compared to present 29Ks as seen in Mig 35s... But then a customised solution may come also..

IMHO i dont see IN buying 35s.. if they would have been interested they would have participated in its development somehow... if they will order, then its 29Ks being tried and tested...

Now big question is what happens to NLCA
UC issue has plagued the program.. if i am correct H22015 onwards or perhaps after june/july 2015 its lying on ground with no solution in sight....
Thats one of the principal reason for DPP 2016 to include credible technology transfer as desired by the forces over blind TOT for everything and key indigenous program lying still with no help for the issues being available and consultants dont give the true/solution help as desired.
NLCA Mk2 will see help from Dassault under DPP2016 as UC tech has to be perfected.. I see around 3-4 squads finally made perhaps for deployment limited of around 6-8 jets in each of the ACC like Vikramaditya, IAC1 and follows on.. Not full squadron but half to bring down operational cost, gather vital data and keep testing systems/sub systems.

This data and experience will then finally be used for Naval AMCA program..

As such light category fighters in ACC does not make much sense in large numbers.. N LCA capability is limited being single engined and its theater of operations limits the naval doctrine further. Thus a small half sqd per fleet serves the purpose more than enough then to have full squadrons or a full ACC of N LCAs..

Air frame is similar but not the same, Aft and main spars are hardened on the the mig35,
Mig 35 has aspect thrust vectoring which the mig 29K doesn't
Zhuk AE AESA radar compared to the Zhuk ME radar on the mig29K.
Mig29k has a carrier operation rated airframe and landing gear which the Mig35 lacks, Mig35 airframe is a mig29M frame under the shell.
Rest of the capabilities, in weapons delivery, Optical sensors, control system, mission computers are of similar nature.

But the biggest difference is Mig29K is an optimised naval varaint which Mig35 is not and neither has a qualified Naval variant developed.
Thus the Mig29K makes much better sense in selecting as a carrier operation platform for the Indian Navy.
K,I think modification of mig35 may not be economical viable also.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom