What's new

India ignoring Pakistan's overtures for peace: Salman Khurshid

How do u know that? Border issues are we now reply for each and every bullet. How is that wrong? U want us to keep quite under the pretext that they keep firing and we keep waiting?
I dont understand
I did not say keep quiet, just like you reply bullet with bullet, you shake hand with person when other side is keen. The whole idea of India just responding to pak terror or PA firing is nonsense created by media which tells just our side of story. Naturally pak media only tells their side of story. India instigates sometimes, and they do sometime. We are pretty even on that.
Which is why when we see their side is ready to talk, no need to hold back from ourside.

I'm not sure where Salman Khurshid is coming from on this. This does not seem to be the official Congress position either, since they have been asking the government to actually get tougher on Pakistan (even if it is just standard opposition talk).

As for the substance, you know my position. I have disagreed that the GoI has not been interested, it was after all Modi who called Nawaz Sharif to Delhi & stayed with the invitation, inspite of an LeT attack on an Indian consulate in Afghanistan where the plan was to kill Indian diplomats during Modi's swearing in. Add to that, the Gurdaspur incident where we were very lucky that the incident didn't become one which might have led to war, something that even Obama cautioned Nawaz Sharif on his recent visit (a bomb placed by the terrorists on a railway track didn't go off & was discovered after one or possibly two trains had passed over the spot).

gurdaspur incident and LeT attack on afghan consulate....REALLY are we going down indian media route here? let's not buy into propaganda.

both these incidents have nothing to do with Pakistan. IF it did India would have had a massive propaganda campaign 24/7. next i am sure the beef riots would be blamed on Pakistan. so let's not go down this rabbit hole.

Listen, if Pakistanis want war, they will have it. When that happens, this time something has to be done with the water too.

this statement in itself explains the problem behind the indian psyche now. they like NAZI followers of hitler try and put the blame of war on others. India is the one that is doing the war mongering and saber rattling.

^^^^^^^^^
Guys..discuss the matter in hand....not who is saying and why......BJP is certainly missing a trick here...however i don't mind that...what is want is consistency...whatever it is...It is not as if Peace has not been tried...however conflicted interests on both sides always make it a loosing battle...

a little saner voice in the middle of a lound sounding nothing.

gurdaspur incident and LeT attack on afghan consulate....REALLY are we going down indian media route here? let's not buy into propaganda.

both these incidents have nothing to do with Pakistan. IF it did India would have had a massive propaganda campaign 24/7. next i am sure the beef riots would be blamed on Pakistan. so let's not go down this rabbit hole.

No wonder there is nothing to discuss. Disowning terrorist attacks are a norm & while that is your choice, it does mean there is very little room to manoeuvre.

Little wonder there is no progress.

Tensions Rising in South Asia | Brookings Institution

LeT which "has claimed responsibility for the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks that killed at least 163 people," was also "responsible for the May 23 attack on the Indian Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan," the State Department said Wednesday.

US targets LeT fronts, blames it for Herat attack

this statement in itself explains the problem behind the indian psyche now. they like NAZI followers of hitler try and put the blame of war on others. India is the one that is doing the war mongering and saber rattling.

Perplexing..I mean how do you even come to conclusions like that. It's Pakistan that has been talking about nukes all the time, India has a no-first-use policy on the other hand. Your COAS and defence minister are giving jingoistic comments every other day, and it's India that is warmongering ? Tell me, who started all the wars till date ? And who sponsored terrorists in Kashmir ? The terrorists in Mumbai attack, they came from Honolulu ?

You can keep your opinions to yourself, we know Pakistanis will never stop until the very end. So, we are fine with that and take the necessary steps.

India is stubborn and will remain stubborn.

I observed, Indian foreign ministers become sensible, only when they become former.

No wonder there is nothing to discuss. Disowning terrorist attacks are a norm & while that is your choice, it does mean there is very little room to manoeuvre.

Little wonder there is no progress.

Tensions Rising in South Asia | Brookings Institution

LeT which "has claimed responsibility for the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks that killed at least 163 people," was also "responsible for the May 23 attack on the Indian Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan," the State Department said Wednesday.

US targets LeT fronts, blames it for Herat attack

little wonder that you quote indian sources with your claims from your first link :

This piece was originally published by The Indian Express.

the second shenanigan is from Deccan Hearld.

and be it NDTV or Deccan Herald both of them have 0 credibility. but sure do buy it if it fills the appetite for disinformation.

Perplexing..I mean how do you even come to conclusions like that. It's Pakistan that has been talking about nukes all the time, India has a no-first-use policy on the other hand. Your COAS and defence minister are giving jingoistic comments every other day, and it's India that is warmongering ? Tell me, who started all the wars till date ? And who sponsored terrorists in Kashmir ? The terrorists in Mumbai attack, they came from Honolulu ?

You can keep your opinions to yourself, we know Pakistanis will never stop until the very end. So, we are fine with that and take the necessary steps.

firstly please go and check when and why did our COAS say we are prepared for war. ONCE INDIA started talking about Cold Start.

defence minister said what a defence minister is supposed to say that Pakistan is ready if india tries any misadventure under Modi.

who is responsible for the LoC firing oh let me guess NDTV propaganda claims its Pakistan right?

Iceman.

India has to do nothing like come to the table and talk.

Pakistan is pleading to USA thé chinease the gulf states and has threatend tactical nuclear war.

All this,tamasha to get attention on a dispute pak claims it has.over kashmir.

Well no one is,listening.

India will listen to pak wanting better trade or political interaction but nothing else.

Move on Pakistan get your house in ordre You have enough Internal issues
point is what pakistan wants to share for peace is of no value to india anymore and what they want for peace is not on offer all else are mere speculations ... let them keep doing what they always did niether they have gutts nor the capabilty to force there will on india and bring india to the nagociating table all they can do is try in vain to blackmail india and the world by pointing a neuclear gun towards there own head and nobody seems to care about there tactiks anymore:coffee:

little wonder that you quote indian sources with your claims from your first link :

and be it NDTV or Deccan Herald both of them have 0 credibility. but sure do buy it if it fills the appetite for disinformation.
Agzactly, and what ever Pakistan say is of 0 worth in India.

firstly please go and check when and why did our COAS say we are prepared for war. ONCE INDIA started talking about Cold Start.
Can you show me a video or any instance where Indian Army's officer describing Cold Start?

who is responsible for the LoC firing oh let me guess NDTV propaganda claims its Pakistan right?
Obviously, Pakistan is. After all from where all infiltration routes lie?

Refers to a direct quote from the US state department. The first one is from the Brookings Institution by a former CIA officer & advisor to President Obama.

However, I'm not surprised, just a little disappointed that you went down that road.Here's more, this time direct from the U.S. State Department:

Amendments to the Terrorist Designations of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba

Home » Under Secretary for Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs » Bureau of Public Affairs » Bureau of Public Affairs: Office of Press Relations » Press Releases » Press Releases: 2014 » Press Releases: June 2014 » Amendments to the Terrorist Designations of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba

Amendments to the Terrorist Designations of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba

Media Note
Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
June 25, 2014

On June 25, 2014, the State Department announced amendments to the Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) entity designations of Lashkar-e-Tayyiba (LET), pursuant to Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act and section 1(b) of Executive Order (E.O.) 13224. The Department of State has also reviewed the FTO designation of LET and maintained it, in accordance with Section 219 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

The Department has amended LET’s designations to add the following aliases: Jama’at-ud-Dawa, Al-Anfal Trust, Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool, and Tehrik-e-Tahafuz Qibla Awwal. In conjunction with these actions, the Department of the Treasury also designated two LET senior members as SDGTs under E.O. 13224.

The consequences of the FTO and E.O. 13224 designations include a prohibition against knowingly providing, or attempting or conspiring to provide, material support or resources to, or engaging in transactions with these organizations, and the freezing of all property and interests in property of the organizations that is in the United States, or come within the United States or the control of U.S. persons. The Department of State took these actions in consultation with the Departments of Justice and Treasury.

LET has claimed responsibility for the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks that killed at least 163 people. In 2011, LET was responsible for multiple terrorist attacks, mostly in Jammu and Kashmir, and in 2012, LET claimed responsibility for an attack against an Indian army convoy in Kashmir that killed one civilian and injured two others. More recently, LET was responsible for the May 23, 2014 attack on the Indian Consulate in Herat, Afghanistan.

In December 2001, the Department of State designated LET as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. Since the original designation occurred, LET has repeatedly changed its name in an effort to avoid sanctions. More specifically, LET created Jama’at-ud-Dawa as a front organization, claiming that the group was an “organization for the preaching of Islam, politics, and social work.” Al-Anfal Trust, Tehrik-e-Hurmat-e-Rasool (“Movement for Defending the Honor of God”), and Tehrik-e-Tahafuz Qibla Awwal (“Movement for Safeguarding the First Center of Prayer”) are also LET front organizations; since at least 2011, LET has used Al-Anfal Trust to procure goods from the Persian Gulf.

Last edited:
how much diplomatic steps salman himself took after 2008 mumbai attack when he was foreign minister in UPA govt, its the same policy continuing not to engaze with pakistan in any form

its a diplomatic statement made for his hosts in Islamabad

Agzactly, and what ever Pakistan say is of 0 worth in India.

Can you show me a video or any instance where Indian Army's officer describing Cold Start?

Obviously, Pakistan is. After all from where all infiltration routes lie?
fact is this so called cold start doctroine was a falacy which indian establishment created and delibaretally planted in pakistani establishments minds with help there own relaiable assets in indian establishment and CIA (who also beleved it till a few years back in it ) and all pakistani establishment , media and all muhib-e-watan pakistani internet worriers are running for past 1.5 decade after this "truck ki batti" intersting naa :sarcastic:

No, that's pretty much the rational alternative in India, assuming Modi and his minions continue on the hate and war-mongering path they are on.

You have the whole thing arse backwards, much like the manner in which Modi fanboys have their heads inserted into Modi's rear end.

Pakistan's recent highlighting of the Kashmir dispute is a result of, and response to, Modi & Minions (M&M's) hate and war filled hysteria and asinine policy of canceling talks over traditional Pakistani meetings with Kashmiri leaders and then coming up with one excuse after another to keep talks about Kashmir off the table. Next came the unprovoked ceasefire violations, that only a fool would argue Pakistan started, given that Pakistan has massive military and paramilitary deployments in FATA, Balochistan and Karachi.

Indians can also thank Modi and Minions for Lakhvi's release - so fed up was the GoP with M&M's hate filled tirades and threats that it chose to essentially end the clearly illegal (under Pakistani law) indefinite detention of Lakhvi as a symbolic slap in the face in response to M&M's threats.
While you as a Pakistani may keep blaming Modi.
The Indian citizens do see that Pakistan did nothing while Manmohan Singh was the PM till 2014. Spare us the rhetoric. Verbal gymnastics on a forum will not change even a single Indian's mind as to how India should proceed with Pakistan.

After all the terrorist attacks, as Shyam Saran, the ex Foreign Secy said, there is no constituency left in India that wants peace with Pakistan after Mumbai attacks.

fact is this so called cold start doctroine was a falacy which indian establishment created and delibaretally planted in pakistani establishments minds with help there own relaiable assets in indian establishment and CIA (who also beleved it till a few years back in it ) and all pakistani establishment , media and all muhib-e-watan pakistani internet worriers are running for past 1.5 decade after this "truck ki batti" intersting naa :sarcastic:

On serious note, I never heard Cold Start doctrine from any IA's officer or General, but always pro active strategy, which was formalized in 2010, and yet not become public.

But to legitimize the propaganda of TNW the PA used this. And further, PA getting a cold sweat since 2013 that why not India formalizing policy of TNW as tit for tat?

defence minister said what a defence minister is supposed to say that Pakistan is ready if india tries any misadventure under Modi.

I can say the same thing. Can you conclusively fathom out egg came first or the chicken ?

Answer all my questions, why cherry picking ?

On serious note, I never heard Cold Start doctrine from any IA's officer or General, but always pro active strategy, which was formalized in 2010, and yet not become public.

But to legitimize the propaganda of TNW the PA used this. And further, PA getting a cold sweat since 2013 that why not India formalizing policy of TNW as tit for tat?
as acharya vishnu gupt said some 2300 years back always keep an over advantrous enemy guessing with the thing he fears most :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom