India hikes defense capital budget by 19% for military modernization

Mighty Lion

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
India hikes defense capital budget by 19% for military modernization
12:25 AM IST Elizabeth Roche

India on Monday announced a nearly 19% increase in the capital budget for its armed forces, bolstering efforts to modernize its military hardware amid border tensions with China

Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman pegged the capital expenditure for the fiscal year starting 1 April at ₹ 1.35 trillion, up from ₹ 1.13 trillion in the current fiscal.

https://www.livemint.com/budget/news/govt-hikes-defence-capital-budget-by-19-for-military-modernization-11612203908115.html

Welcomed, I'm sure, yet very modest all the same for what your needs are.

The ghost and lessons of the USSR going overboard in the arms race_still make countries hold back.

Welcomed, I'm sure, yet very modest all the same for what your needs are.

The ghost and lessons of the USSR going overboard in the arms race_still make countries hold back.
₹ 1.35 trillion India rupee is 18,505,931,500 USD. 18 billions. Not much.

China GDP 15.42 Trillions. 18 billions is 0.1167% China GDP. If this can be called arm race, arm race then.

₹ 1.35 trillion India rupee is 18,505,931,500 USD. 18 billions. Not much.

China GDP 15.42 Trillions. 18 billions is 0.1167% China GDP. If this can be called arm race, arm race then.
comprehension of the English language is still problematic for you. Why bother replying when you can't comprehend what is being stated, wumao?

comprehension of the English language is still problematic for you. Why bother replying when you can't comprehend what is being stated, wumao?
English is your mother language, not mine. Care to explain what misunderstanding here?

@rent4country is an Indian with a white inferiority complex its kind of sad to see, but many Indians suffer from this.

If you think I'm Indian, man I must be pissing you off when I go after your BFF China. For that matter, most of us in the US hate China and then to use your hard-earned tax dollars to go against your personal interest. I can see how doubly pissed you must be... :yes4:

good, good, arm yourselves into starvation! :dirol:

We are not in an arms race, we are just modernising our armed forces this year onwards.

really? you're still gonna starve that poor bugger? rip tej bahadur.
He was caught lying during that, he did it to become famous and when he did became he joined the Samajwadi Party and contested the General elections from Varanasi against Narendra Modi but he lost pretty badly as the courts had already declared him a liar. Plus if you’re serving in the Armed Forces, you may never get good food as it is the life of a soldier full of challenges, getting ration at extreme areas is also a huge task.

Back
Top Bottom