What's new

INDIA- HELICOPTER Competitions::News and Discussions

Package is quite extensive , would be interesting to note how IAF is planning to mingle mi28/Ah-64d into the network grid .
It would be useful when Ah64 can share the real time battle -field picture with UAV , UCAV , Armed Dhruv , LCH , NAMICA and of course our F-INSAS

Advantage US forces have is they have - A dedicated Batlle field management and terrain mapping platform viz - ASTOR radar / E8-JSTARS which gives them a network capability with which Ah64 and Marines are in updated situation sec per sec .

Will our forces be able to utilize such advantage which Ah-64 comes built in (NATO std link16 i meant)

Package is quite extensive , would be interesting to note how IAF is planning to mingle mi28/Ah-64d into the network grid .
It would be useful when Ah64 can share the real time battle -field picture with UAV , UCAV , Armed Dhruv , LCH , NAMICA and of course our F-INSAS

Advantage US forces have is they have - A dedicated Batlle field management and terrain mapping platform viz - ASTOR radar / E8-JSTARS which gives them a network capability with which Ah64 and Marines are in updated situation sec per sec .

Will our forces be able to utilize such advantage which Ah-64 comes built in (NATO std link16 i meant)

Hi Prateek, maybe with an Israeli avionics upgrade:

25747.jpg

2255731352_9d38f7f5e2_z.jpg

Those "ballshaped" parts on the stubwings are AFAIK for SATCOM and apart from other self defense techs from them, Israeli data links should be compatible with our other equipment.

I have some doubts about that, because the number of engines mentioned in the paper is 50, which translates into 44 (2 each Apache)+ 6 extra in reserve.
The conjunction part is meant to the service and logistics as far as I understands it.

I think you are rite. Half of them will get Longbow systems and that will not be any side back but only reduce the costs because in modern day digital battlefield and highly networked AH-64D Block III can share data with one another easily.

Did anybody heared of the trials of the Russian helicopters? They were delayed, but have they done it, any results, or reports about it?

No i haven't heard any report.

I hope India plans for an indigenous heavy attack helicopter like apache after LCH programme. Because not all the war will be fought at an altitude like that of ladakh. We have LCH for high altitude but for rest of our border we should also opt for a heavy attack helicopter like that of Apache.

Sancho!ji !last time i heard that Russia dint even released their Mi 28 havoc,where as apache arrived in chandigarh lifted by chinook -47 ...

Apache attack helicopters to field ground fire-detection system

Apache attack helicopters will soon field a new, high-tech Ground Fire Acquisition System, which uses cameras and infrared sensors to instantly identify the source location of ground fire, service officials said.
"GFAS (Ground Fire Acquisition System) detects ground fire. It allows us to take information about incoming fire, get our sensors on it and identify and prosecute ground targets," said Maj. Justin Highley, Assistant product manager for the Longbow Apache.

http://www./ah-64d-field-ground-fire-detection-system-33718/

Hi.jha bhaiya.i am new here.i heard that the Mi-28N is very heavily armored and yet highly agile.it can sustain hits from 23 mm bullets.it also carries R-73 AAM.can the AH-64 match it?

Yes..Mi-28N is very highly armored and very agile.. But on other fronts it looses out to APACHE by very large margin..

And please dont call me bhaiya..I may very well be younger than you..

Yes..Mi-28N is very highly armored and very agile.. But on other fronts it looses out to APACHE by very large margin..

And please dont call me bhaiya..I may very well be younger than you..

thnx.so much.I am Just 16 yrs old.are you still younger than me?

Any movement/news on this front? At AI-11 IAF CM said news on this deal and heavy lift helo deal would be in next few weeks-start of April (it's the 26th of April now, no news!)

Any movement/news on this front? At AI-11 IAF CM said news on this deal and heavy lift helo deal would be in next few weeks-start of April (it's the 26th of April now, no news!)

Yes.no news indeed and its disappointing.par tumne to suna hi hoga ki "sabr ka phal meetha hota hai".we cant do anythng lets wait and watch.

thnx.so much.I am Just 16 yrs old.are you still younger than me?

Nahi yaar..I am in mid 20's...
Yeh 16 saal ki umra mein itna knowledge...Amazing.. I did not have any knowledge about these things when i was at your age..This Internet is surely a wonderful thing.. Have a nice stay here and try to avoid participating in flame baits..

News from the Paris Air Show:

Paris 2011: Rostvertol’s Upgraded Mi-26T2 Looks for Sales in India

Rostvertol (Russian Helicopters, Chalet B37) is at the Paris show promoting its Mi-26T2, an upgraded version of theits popular Mi-26 heavy-lift helicopter, in the hope of securing sales to India and other potential customers. The company is appearing at the Paris Air Show for the first time since becoming part of the Russian Helicopters (Chalet B37).

Improvements include a glass cockpit, more advanced avionics and night- operations capability. The new cockpit enables crew numbers to be reduced from five to two, plus a flight engineer to operate the external sling. NA new air conditioning system and cargo compartment heating system has have been fitted, which is likely to prove popular with crewmembers.

Revealed at the 2005 Paris Air Show, Tthe cockpit upgrade comprises five multifunction liquid- crystal displays, a pair of PS-7 digital control panels and backup electro-mechanical units. A new TV video sensor has been added, which brings color pictures visuals of external- load operations to the cockpit. An additional searchlight has been installed for nighttime visual operations along with an infrared lighting mode, to be used with night- vision goggles. The navigation upgrade includes an A-737 GNSS system compatible with both the U.S. GPS and Russian Glonass global positioning systems.

The Mi-26T2 features improved versions of its 11,650-0 s.h.p D-136-2 turboshaft engines, now provided with full-authority digital engine control units and a contingency power rating of 12,500 shps.h.pshp at temperatures above 30 degrees C – ,a feature specifically aimed at operations in hot countries such as India, where the helicopter is in direct competition with the Boeing CH-47F Chinook.

Meanwhile, serial production of the Night Hunter version of the Mi-28N attack helicopter is in full swing, with 40 aircraft built to- date. The first machine was delivered to the Russian Federation in 2008. and Tthe type has already taken part in several combat operations already. The Mi-28NE can carry twice the rocket payload of the Mi-24, from which it is developed, and it has been given an air-to-air capability, improved armor and better mechanical survivability. o

Paris 2011: Rostvertol

Back
Top Bottom