What's new

INDIA- HELICOPTER Competitions::News and Discussions

First point about the Sino-Russian bit...

...Most of all everything presupposes that the Mi-26 is the best helicopter of choice. You seem to love that helicopter very much; question is--does the IAF share that sentiment?

No you misunderstood it! I meant if Russia offers us a partnership on the upgraded Mi 26 instead of China, would that help us in terms of serviceability, because we would contibute indigenous systems, or will be able to maintain/overhaul them in India too?
Don't forget that such a partnership does not include only the numbers India would order, but also those for Russia, or other export customers. In europe for example the Mi 26 is still in service, especially in very heavy lift roles of civil operators.

As I said from the begining, I am not in favour of the Mi only, but also of the CH53E, because imo it's not about a specific helicopter, but about the increase of IAF capabilities. The CH 47 is good in transport of troops and cargo, as well as lifting howitzers as we discussed earlier, but that's nothing we really would need these 15 heavy lift helicopters for. But if consider a rapid build up of force in the northern areas, at places without an air strip/air base, the only choice IAF would have, is transport by road (which takes more time), or by such heavy transport helicopters and exactly here the CH47 imo falls short compared to CH53 and Mi 26, see the difference:

Internal (CH47/CH53/Mi26)

humveebackinguptoMH47G.jpg

KMW_MUNGO_02.jpg

Mi-26T_6.jpg

photo2_large.jpg

External (CH47/CH53/Mi26)

AIR_CH-47_Australian_Unimog_From_HMAS_Kanimbla_lg.jpg

CH-53E-Super-Stallion-helicopter-257.preview.jpg

mi26.jpg

Indian Mi 26 lifting BMP(?)

20091124112031MI-26%20(4).JPG

Any latest tid-bits on LCH ???

What phase is it in ?? Have the weapons integration tests begun ?

:cry:

but atleast benny is suspended for now buddy !!!am talking about kinetic ,am really gonna miss his posts or i really gonna request MOD to look again in this matter:undecided::cry:

he had been banned before ,but came back ,hope the mods look into it and un ban him.

I don't understand why India is going for Eurocopter AS 550 C3 Fennec. We could save a lot of money by just buying HAL's Dhruv. According to me we should even leave this and go for Sikorsky's black hawk.
images

We can even go for armed black hawk which is under trial with our friend Israel. Take a look at this beautiful chopper.
863.jpg

For heavy attack I think we should go for Apache Longbow only and we should increase the number to 50-60.

I don't understand why India is going for Eurocopter AS 550 C3 Fennec. We could save a lot of money by just buying HAL's Dhruv. According to me we should even leave this and go for Sikorsky's black hawk.

Because we don't need a bigger Dhruv, to replaces small SA 315B Cheetah/Cheetal and SA 316B Chetaks.

Aérospatiale SA 315B Lama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aérospatiale Alouette III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Black Hawks are even bigger than the Dhruv!

Dhruv actually comes in the category of light helos. The actual name of the Dhruv project is Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH).

RFP for 22 x Apache Block 3 for IAF, worth $1.4 billions!

If the Government of India selects the Boeing-U.S. Army proposal, the Government of India will request a possible sale of 50 T700-GE-701D engines, 12 AN/APG-78 Fire Control Radars, 12 AN/APR-48A Radar Frequency Interferometers, 812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles, 542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles, 245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles, and 23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors, rockets, training and dummy missiles, 30mm ammunition, transponders, simulators, global positioning system/inertial navigation systems, communication equipment, spare and repair parts; tools and test equipment, support equipment, repair and return support, personnel training and training equipment; publications and technical documentation, U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistics support to be provided in conjunction with a proposed direct commercial sale of 22 AH-64D Block III APACHE Helicopters. The estimated cost is $1.4 billion.

http://www.dsca.osd.mil/PressReleases/36-b/2010/India_10-62.pdf

22 x Apache Block 3 for IAF
I don't understand what will our army do with just 22 choppers. I mean isn't it too less. Although i know LCH is going on at the desired rate but still i think, Apache Block 3 is something deserved to be in the numbers of 50-60.

man mi 26 is beast!!!!!1
i really loved pic of mi 26 lifting chinook, it was awesome
its refreshing to see heli's also, keep up the good work JHA.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

man mi 26 is beast!!!!!1
i really loved pic of mi 26 lifting chinook, it was awesome
its refreshing to see heli's also, keep up the good work JHA.

Last edited:
for the small no we are buying many and lot of missile
812 AGM-114L-3 HELLFIRE LONGBOW missiles, 542 AGM-114R-3 HELLFIRE II missiles, 245 STINGER Block I-92H missiles, and 23 Modernized Target Acquisition Designation Sight/Pilot Night Vision Sensors, rockets, training and dummy missiles, 30mm ammunition,

Back
Top Bottom