What's new

India has requested for six MQ-9 drones from the US at the cost of $600 million.

If tittle is true, at 5 times to the cost of fly away condition, please explain how.
How can I explain? I told all factors that are important, just forgot to include the 8th point and that is “WEAPONS”.

AGM-114
GBU series bombs
APKWS rockets

Milking time. Also it depicts lack of trust on 'Made in India' products which Modi Govt used to boast a lot.

anyways all these procurement is more likely to be used against Pakistan since against China, they will never dare to cross a line. They got the dose in July already.
Black Top was captured by crossing the line in August 😉.
Plus our Drones aren’t ready for operations and undergoing testing phase.

Doesn’t make sense over here in the US I have to deal with Pajeets and they cry about pricing as if I’m stealing their wife’s jewelry and here they just giving it away.
You never know how many million dollars will be syphoned back to Modi and his goons' pockets.

I spoke to some one influential, it has strings attached. Us will be the frontline state against china, Any attack post 20th oct will be an attack on us to/quad to

CH-5’s endurance is 60 hours compared to 14 hours of the Reaper’s. Future blocks of CH-5 will be able to stay in the air for up to 120 hours.

Reaper good or bad, it's not your toy.

ChinaPower_Drone_Comparison-768x722.jpg

The Maximum Takeoff Weight (MTOW) of the CH-5 is approximately 3,300 kg (7,275 lbs), which is about 1,500 kg less than the Reaper and 2,100 kg less than the Heron TP. The lower MTOW of the CH-5 limits the ordinance it can carry when compared to its American and Israeli counterparts. The Reaper can be equipped with a variety of payloads, but it typically carries several hellfire missiles and two 227 kg (500 lbs) bombs.

---

CH-5 Rainbow is impressive UAV no doubt but 60 hours endurance claim with inferior engine? This is not possible with heavy payload.

---

MQ-9 Reaper represent a battle-proven platform capable of missions in extreme weather conditions and even Air-to-Air engagements.

And when you induct a new strike platform, you are not merely buying units, you buy munitions and other stuff with it and you create infrastructure to support and manage it. These things cost money.

Do people think that Pakistani military procurements are cheap? No, they are not. WE have our fair share of billion dollar deals.

---

Harr cheez kaa mazakh aurrana zaroori nahin hota.

To numerous members - Please introduce professionalism in your responses. Make discussions productive, informative, and engaging for potential readers.

China is a drone superpower no doubt in about 5 to 10 years they will be making stealth UCAVs .... Indians are making a big mistake instead of investing this 600 million to churn out their own UAVs or UCAVs they are feeding the US ....now imagine if a MQ 9 worth 100 million is shot down by China or crashes then India will have to beg US for a replacement but if they are making it in their own country they can do it easily .... but I am grateful that Indians lack such thinking and keep on getting milked by US and Israelis .... this is just panic buying I don't know how MQ 9 will save indians at LAC when they simply jump in rivers the moment they see Chinese....

I spoke to some one influential, it has strings attached. Us will be the frontline state against china, Any attack post 20th oct will be an attack on us to/quad to
Then this some one must be Trump himself, oh no, even Trump doesn't know about his decision the next day.

CH-5 Rainbow is impressive UAV no doubt but 60 hours endurance claim with inferior engine? This is not possible with heavy payload.
It should still be technically enough to hit Indian posts which otherwise would be out of artillery range should India decide to use MQ 9 against Pakistan.
Moreover no matter how advanced MQ9 is or as you said battle proven, still it was used against forces with no air force, mostly against talibans in Afghanistan or Iraq. The effectiveness will be questionable against a proper air force such as PAF or PLAAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom