What's new

India has offered $500 million USD loan of weapons to Bangladesh

What counter??China means total business.They'll not offer you RS. 100 if they can't take RS. 150 for it.
Wrong statement.
The reason USA never dared to touch N. Korea

Don't you think buddy that is a bit overkill as this kind of boat is useful only in blue-waters. What current requirements of BN is as per my understanding, maximum time on station with low cost all around marine protection both from state and non state actors. And I think even Kamorta class or large off shore patrol vessels will be more than necessary equipped to handle. Indian large offshore patrol vessels can have weight upto 2500 tonnes. Kamorta class approx 3500 tonnes while Shivalik Classes are heavier than 6000 tonnes and approaching destroyer weight comparatively while retaining maximum empty space for future up-gradation with current less cost in maintenance.
target is to be Blue water Navy, so no, it is not overkill

Any military is trained with one or two foe countries in mind. What do you think these foes are for BD? It is certainly not Pakistan or China. So, our military will not like weapons from a foe country.

This foe country since 1971 has been discouraging any military buildups in BD. It exerted pressure even against forming and training a commando group. BA finally did it very secretly and the Bangali commandos from the PA worked hard to train a new group.

Indian motto is still the same, and it is using pressure to seek a submissive BD. I am sure the military will keep on foot dragging on Indian weapons purchases. You have to understand no BD politicians are submissive to Indian wishes. Whatever you perceive is only superficial.

but sheikh hasina looks submissive enough to follow indian wishes blindly ... that is what the perception is everywhere nowadays.. bangladesh under hasina has become more of indian satrap

but sheikh hasina looks submissive enough to follow indian wishes blindly ... that is what the perception is everywhere nowadays.. bangladesh under hasina has become more of indian satrap
I think, this is only imagination by people who know AL policy since Pakistan time. However, Hasina or others did not buy any equipment so far from India. Most have been bought from China and other western countries. Did not hasina buy two Chinese submarines recently?

She is following the correct path. It is not easy to stand against a big neighbour unless the country is strong in economy. Economic prosperity is followed by building of the military muscle. We are doing these things step by step.

I think, this is only imagination by people who know AL policy since Pakistan time. However, Hasina or others did not buy any equipment so far from India. Most have been bought from China and other western countries. Did not hasina buy two Chinese submarines recently?

She is following the correct path. It is not easy to stand against a big neighbour unless the country is strong in economy. Economic prosperity is followed by building of the military muscle. We are doing these things step by step.

I dont mind Indian co-operation but I am afraid that India will be stuck in quagmire in years to come (despite all those big talks). I just want our govt to keep a clean distance from India specially in defense ties otherwise we will also get stuck with India.
We need to create a strong separate identity like Japan.

Back
Top Bottom