What's new

India has no better friend, partner than the US: Obama

Political ties are nice and can entail a variety of mutually useful and peaceful bi-lateral projects. Relationships, though, from both sides need to evaluate and consider the LONG-TERM benefits and with the goal of enduring friendships in mind.

That's often initiated in people-to-people business contacts. Money is beautiful. It reduces those of different views to the common denominators of a mutually beneficial exchange in a nearly pure negotiation typically couched in nothing but realism.

Zero sum doesn't exist in that world and is a superb foundation from which to slowly expand. That's been going on for some time now and shall endure. America has an already amazingly close relationship with India that India seems hardly aware of through their thousands of U.S. immigrants.

Indians appear much admired by Americans and I notice little visible resentment generally. We have racists here who may cause provocation from time to time but they don't reflect national sentiments remotely.

Kashmir is a massive challenge. I pray for Mr. Holbrooke should he wish or be ordered to tackle this issue as his mandate. Tough stuff but displays our commitment to the salient regional issue that holds back India and Pakistan.

I know this. We'll all either emerge as closer friends or fractured as three immutable enemies for eternity over this issue.:cry: I'd rather America ducks this one but it may be time come hell or high water.

Indians are not willing to compromise on Kashmir as far as I can tell. Either way you look at it, its going to be a tough ball game. I hope Pakistan plays its cards right, but then again with people like Zardari around, its hard to be optimistic.

Political ties are nice and can entail a variety of mutually useful and peaceful bi-lateral projects. Relationships, though, from both sides need to evaluate and consider the LONG-TERM benefits and with the goal of enduring friendships in mind.

That's often initiated in people-to-people business contacts. Money is beautiful. It reduces those of different views to the common denominators of a mutually beneficial exchange in a nearly pure negotiation typically couched in nothing but realism.

Zero sum doesn't exist in that world and is a superb foundation from which to slowly expand. That's been going on for some time now and shall endure. America has an already amazingly close relationship with India that India seems hardly aware of through their thousands of U.S. immigrants.

Indians appear much admired by Americans and I notice little visible resentment generally. We have racists here who may cause provocation from time to time but they don't reflect national sentiments remotely.

Kashmir is a massive challenge. I pray for Mr. Holbrooke should he wish or be ordered to tackle this issue as his mandate. Tough stuff but displays our commitment to the salient regional issue that holds back India and Pakistan.

I know this. We'll all either emerge as closer friends or fractured as three immutable enemies for eternity over this issue.:cry: I'd rather America ducks this one but it may be time come hell or high water.

I do agree with you that the relationship will get stronger because firstly it was built on economic mindset then militarily, like Pakistans was. It is benefial for both the countries in wide range of fields.

What will be the point that will aggrevate India will be the Kashmire issue. India will not take any form of authority regarding this particular issue. Obama should not prematurily step his bounds on this issue at a freshman level, I rather say, he should only step in this regards if there is a sure fire solution.

Last edited:
a country with over 10000 nuclear warheads don't have friendly emotion in international diplomacy,it's nothing but hegemony.good luck with this " following a** " relationship:guns:

India is prone to wishy washy stuff like relationship and friendship. We need to work on getting more concrete results...and sometimes US is prone to seeing short term goals..again something that can be worked on.

US India relationship is fresh and gaining momentum.

Just one thing to keep in mind though. Remember Georgia Russia conflict. USA was training Georgians and organizing their defense forces. Georgians thought USA would be with them. When Russian got fedup and send in their military and Georgians looked back Americans were long gone. :lol:

I am all for the Current Relationship India has with USA. So what if We Voted against Iran? So did the othere including the Russians and the Chinese (i hope i am not mistaken). For that one vote, we got the Nuke Deal, and the apartheid ended!

India wont be a tool in the hands of any, India cannot be controlled like a puppet, US knows it very well. The relationship will be based on Give and Take, and Currently India has taken More than it has Given! ;)
Well i say one thing about USA never under estimate USA, Talking big of India or Pakistan will not help people, USA is a sole Super power for another 100 years for facts like it or hate it. If USA is giving India a friendship hand then it means India is already a tool for USA its not a question of if India will be a tool of USA or not. People who say that India is controlling IT etc I give those people an example. Indians are like factory worker in US factory. Work as much as you want but you still stay a worker. Its a strong statement but God's my witness i am not looking down on India, USA will use India against China, Its like USA has given a task to India that USA don't wanna do it by herself!!! simple

I think Obama knows what he needs to do. He should try to have better ties with India and solve the Kashmir issue as soon as possible so the people in South Asia can live in peace and work together.

well, obama actually seems to be very keen to SOVE the kashmir issue. but, his eagerness should be a cause of concern for all the parties involved in kashmir entangle. I say that because we never know how he wants resolve kashmir issue. we might end up like two cats in that story where two cats fight for the chapati and go to a monkey to resolve their issue. and in the end monkey takes it all!!

US intervention shouldnt be welcomed. even by pakistan. especially, in the present scenario where US is growing closer to india, there is every chance that obama may resolve the issue in favour of india. remember, nuke deal.

anyways, US is always partisan to those guys who are needed by it at that MOMENT.
so we should resolve our problems within ourselves.:cheers:

Indians are not willing to compromise on Kashmir as far as I can tell. Either way you look at it, its going to be a tough ball game. I hope Pakistan plays its cards right, but then again with people like Zardari around, its hard to be optimistic.

You're right. We are not. We believe that our way is right. Let the world think what they want to.

Well i say one thing about USA never under estimate USA, Talking big of India or Pakistan will not help people, USA is a sole Super power for another 100 years for facts like it or hate it. If USA is giving India a friendship hand then it means India is already a tool for USA its not a question of if India will be a tool of USA or not. People who say that India is controlling IT etc I give those people an example. Indians are like factory worker in US factory. Work as much as you want but you still stay a worker. Its a strong statement but God's my witness i am not looking down on India, USA will use India against China, Its like USA has given a task to India that USA don't wanna do it by herself!!! simple

firstly, I want to say that I completely agree with every word of yours.
your observations are true 100%. :enjoy::smitten:
but even then it is a win-win situation.
china was used as a tool against the USSR. now india will be used as a tool against china. let it be. as long as india understands its positions and does get carried away by 'friendship' thing and doesnt attact any sacredness to the relationship like the one attached to china-pak relationship, its fine.
all countries have to look out for themselves just as all individuals have to look out for themselves in the crunch.

You're right. We are not. We believe that our way is right. Let the world think what they want to.

exactly. no indian will ever accept seceding of kashmir at any cost. period.
no matter which party is in power the govt will have to oblige to public sentiment, no matter how much international pressure.

so obama or whoever has little chance of resolving kashmir if it is not in favour of india.

anyways, most indians(including govt) seems to believe that if we can continue the present scenario for another decade than kashmir is resolved.
that is to continue defeating terrorism, encourage ppl's participation in elections and marginalise the separatists.:partay:

people have reflected too much on that one statement by obama on kashmir. was there any further rhetoric from him on kashmir, the answer is NO. india quite clearly exerts a decent amount of diplomatic influence on the white house and it is there to be seen for all. people began talking about having a special envoy for india-pakistan, then the term coined was subcontinent, and now clearly looking at the sensitivities involved Mr Robert Helbrooke has been appointed as the special envoy for pakistan-afganistan, that is the extent us is ready to accommodate the indian sensitivities. hardly anyone pondered upon the rather friendly letter written by obama to PM Mr Manmohan Singh, and the friendly gestures he made to the indian american community by way of a public add on a newspapers after he made that rather ill informed remarks on kashmir, and a lot of blame for that has to go to the media of the subcontinent which is in a habit of making a mountain out of a mole.

there will be times when one will hear a certain mention about kashmir here and there as pakistan is a very important country in the WoT, so pakistan needs to be pacified and then more importantly it gets imperative to keep them in their loop so that they do not completely fall in the basket of china, so certain statements will be made but clearly looking at the lager picture it is india which is of importance as we provide a huge market for their products, geo-political significance, strategic location significance, and all in all this relationship between our two countries will present with a lot of win-win scenarios, and probably in the bargain there is more for india to gain than may be for the us.

US India relationship is fresh and gaining momentum.

Just one thing to keep in mind though. Remember Georgia Russia conflict. USA was training Georgians and organizing their defense forces. Georgians thought USA would be with them. When Russian got fedup and send in their military and Georgians looked back Americans were long gone. :lol:

So your point is!!!!

Oh I see now, China is going to attack India, and the americans will be long gone. Now that is funny!!!

So your point is!!!!

Oh I see now, China is going to attack India, and the americans will be long gone. Now that is funny!!!

Even if that did happen, India can handle itself. India is no georgia and china is no russia.

Back
Top Bottom