What's new

India has no better friend, partner than the US: Obama

The issue is simple, India and US can be good friends, but not ally's as many Indians like to think.

US has no ally that does not submit to its wishes in specific regard to foreign policy, and India doesnt like a group where it is treated as a junior. So good friends, not ally's.

My personal Opinion-US should let Kashmir be, unnecessary souring of relations is not required by India or the US. India wants status quo, Pakistan doesnt.

I hope Indians do remember the golden saying about USA.

USA is bad enemy but worst friend.

Yeah will take that advice seriously...

Sure you know them very well....maybe realized a bit late.

Indians are like factory worker in US factory. Work as much as you want but you still stay a worker.

Ever heard of Indra Nooyi, CEO of PepsiCo?

Ever heard who's the head of world's largest private bank, CITI-BANK?

Ever heard of Governer Bobby Jindal??

Neal Katyal??

Sri Maharishi Yogi??

Prof Amartya Sen, Harvard professer, Nobel Laurate.

Har Gobind Khorana, Nobel Prize for Medicine , (1968). (Nobel Laureate)

Sunita Williams and Kalpana Chawla, both astronauts.

Balamurali Ambati, physician, world's youngest doctor at age 17.

Sanjaya Malakar, Top 10 in American Idol.

The Great Khali, is a WWE wrestler and actor (The Longest Yard (2005) and Get Smart (2008))

Noureen DeWulf, Indian-American Actress, star of 2007 Oscar Winning West Bank Story, she also ranked #100 in Maxim Magazine's Hot 100 (2007).

M. Night Shyamalan, Filmmaker, actor (Director of Signs and The Sixth Sense)

Amar Bose, Billionaire, physicist and founder of Bose Corporation.

Subramanyan Chandrasekhar, Nobel Prize for Physics, (1983). (Nobel Laureate)

Vinod Khosla, Billionaire, general partner, venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers; co-founder, Sun Microsystems,

Arun Sarin, CEO of Vodafone Inc. Headed the Vodafone takeover of Hutch-Esser Communications Inc.

Fareed Zakaria, editor of Newsweek and host of Fareed Zakaria GPS on CNN

Kiran Desai, winner of the 2006 Man Booker Prize

Anita Desai, novelist, she has been shortlisted for the Booker prize three times, mother of Kiran Desai.

Dalip Singh Saund, the first Asian and Indian-American congressman, was a Democratic member of the U.S. House of Representatives from California.

Scripps National Spelling Bee Champions

Balu Natarajan, 1985
Rageshree Ramachandran, 1988
Nupur Lala, 1999
George Abraham Thampy 2000
Pratyush Buddiga, 2002
Anurag Kashyap, 2005
Sameer Mishra, 2008

Need any more names of factory workers??

^^ I am sure it is all in good faith. We must learn from their experience.

^^^^^^ Ya we should. But i am just surprised as this is the only matter they dont bash at Indians, rather give us advices.

Thanks Neighbours.

In all of the responses, I do not see any Indian saying who IS India's best friend. The Pakistanis all seem to think that China is THEIR best friend. Who is India's? Putin's Russia? In terms of shared values and peoples, the US clearly SHOULD be India's best friend among nations that are of comparable or stronger national power to India.

In all of the responses, I do not see any Indian saying who IS India's best friend. The Pakistanis all seem to think that China is THEIR best friend. Who is India's? Putin's Russia? In terms of shared values and peoples, the US clearly SHOULD be India's best friend among nations that are of comparable or stronger national power to India.

india's best friend is INDIA. period.
everyone else is our Good friends, and we like networking.

In international politics there is nothing like permanent friends. Only thing that is permanent is "interests". So till the time the interests are converged no problem. Once they didn't converge then .........................

^^^^^^ Ya we should. But i am just surprised as this is the only matter they dont bash at Indians, rather give us advices.

Thanks Neighbours.

We don't normally bash at Indians. Actually its Indians who bash and when we don't they bebcome confused.

We want you to be USA's best friend and buy every thing they are offering. Believe me you will be making our lives easier.

We want you to be USA's best friend and buy every thing they are offering. Believe me you will be making our lives easier.

ha ha...
that seems to be the way you have made friends till now, US in past and china in present.:rofl: friendship for us doesnt mean buying everything that they make.

I think India does not have a special best friend now. USA would probably come the closest but there is no special relationship as we had with the USSR.

There are several nations that have close relations with India. I don't think there is any one who is extra special friend.

It is mostly relationships based on shared values and interests. Not such a bad thing I guess.

great observation that, and i take heart from the fact that none of us said any one of those nations are our friends. what every one has pointed out has been the interests and mind you interests keep changing from time to time, so other than interests, there is nothing like friendship though based on common interests relationships can be formed which can be short to mid to long term depending upon what the benefits are, and the thing i draw from that one observation of yours is the extent of maturity with which indians view their country's foreign relations. in my first post on this thread on page 1, i talked about immense amount of clarity that we indians have on certain number of things and wonderful to see foreign relations happens to be one such thing, and when the average reader, poster has that level of clarity, be rest assured the indian politic has much higher level of clarity and maturity to deal with any nation.

as suresh said, our greatest and the best friend is INDIA.

There is no Best Friends in International Politics. If that was the Case then Pakistan was once upon a time USAs best Friend, with F16s etc. What happened???? Well we all Know, India is not Pakistan and no one can just run us over by Friendship talk and a few goodies only to be isolated later. India knows this very well.

Hence Indo-US Relationship is based on Mutually Assured Benefits. Hence proven, Indias Best Friend is India and India alone.

Back
Top Bottom