What's new

India has no better friend, partner than the US: Obama

Guys can this statement in any way put pressure on India to choose either F-16 or F-18sh for MRCA.
Also I personally believe that this statement is quite authoritative, ain't it ?.
He wanna assert India should "realize" that "U.S. is it's best friend".
nah, its not authoritative, and has no bearing on the MRCA deal because that is way and this is ray!

USA's policy has had a paradigm shift since 1971 when they got their Enterprise sub in our waters to protect pakistan.
we should be vary of such a friendship...ganging'p against china at the behest of the yanks is not a great idea...for we live in asia and not north america...am sure people in south block would take a symbiotic approach rather than one where we are used by the us

Don't worry, the babus of the Foreign Office are a wily bunch! ;)

USA's policy has had a paradigm shift since 1971 when they got their Enterprise sub in our waters to protect pakistan.
we should be vary of such a friendship...ganging'p against china at the behest of the yanks is not a great idea...for we live in asia and not north america...am sure people in south block would take a symbiotic approach rather than one where we are used by the us

I thinks Indian Leaders should Grab this opportunity .To create More pressure on Terrorist Supporting entities to get it eliminated from their roots.

I agree to you. But i think India is mature enough to understand the Limit of Love with US.
Remember , in Afganistan war , Indian Bases were to be used ? and India Refused ? India has strong Fundamentals and 60Yrs Strong Nation has enough experiance to understand Friends and Foes.

india true to its non-alignment thoughts would not strain its relations with either of the main powers of the world just to be in the good books of any specific power be it even the lone super power of this world. india as its thoughts are, believes in not the concept of one power center in this world as we see it today rather the multi polar power centers with balanced share of power and in this china very well figures in, as does russia, usa, of which india it self will be a very relevant and prominent party.

india in the short to mid term has a lot to gain by a strong relationship with the lone super power as that helps us in finding a more prominent position which is very much due, but since we were sort of slow to put our act together previously we kind of were not there in that bus which mattered the most but time has come that we make the most of this relationship now. one such achievement and high point of this relationship has been to get into the main stream of civil nuclear tech but there are still greater heights to be attained and a day shall come when people will see india as a very prominent member of the permanent members of UNSC with all rights that exist for all the members as an equal member and usa would play its part in helping india achieve this dream.

india and indians have a lot of clarity as to what they want from their future and very clearly war is no where as an option and nor is getting played into by any power center. the vision is to grow tremendously economically and in doing so make sure the indian borders are not threatened and so make sure that our military is adequately funded. when i say the clarity on economic prosperity, then in that china becomes a very important partner as we see business worth 100s of billions of dollars by 2020 and further on from that country coming our way, our companies making their investments in china, churning business out there, and helping themselves reach greater heights. the state i come from is actively engaging the chinese by awarding them projects where it is felt they can chip in well by their expertise and that is the way we indians see our relations with the rising china.

for those who feel that india will play to usa's interests which would position india in a confrontational position with china would be in for not so pleasant expectations as india has a lot of interests to take care of by having good relations with china. there are a lot of theories floating around as to how would india position it self as it attains greater heights and that is understandable since there are divergent interests which would either like to see a weak india or a strong india or an india taking complete sides in some form or the other and so one keeps reading all such stories about india being a part of a greater west or a greater mid east or india being played around by usa as per its interests or india to be broken up into pieces by vested interests or india being a part of the so-called asian NATO. be rest assured, there are a lot of mature heads in indian politic to take care of all such senseless ideas or would i say stories.

india as it takes its rightful place will have good friendly relations with the us, china, russia and the rest of emerging power centers and in doing so make sure the indian interests are of utmost importance and served the best.

he has Positive option and respect for India.

Need to look for his action.

indiatech,I disagree with you, that China can a Friend to India,They are not ready for the war at this moment ,May be if they get any chance like 1962 ,they would definitely look for some adventure,Our FN Minister himself has told China is the biggest threat to India.As they are under the dictatorship they got better opportunity to be a aggressor.Trade got nothing to do with friendship.Chinese trade with India is negligible for them.

The only way India got is to have many allies to help in case of war.Friendship of US , NATO and Russia would be very crucial to India in case of war.

I think Obama knows what he needs to do. He should try to have better ties with India and solve the Kashmir issue as soon as possible so the people in South Asia can live in peace and work together.

india has only one friend that is india it self. u can't trust any country in international relation .

I THANK OBAMA TO CHOSE A ZIONIST DIPLOMAT FOR PAKISTAN - AFGANISTAN - INDIA n IRAN issues !

Last edited:
Obama wants India to attack Pakistan to carry out full sucide mission becuase US cant go in Pakistan with face to face with its army haha new game ; I THANK OBAMA TO CHOSE A ZIONIST DIPLOMAT FOR PAKISTAN - AFGANISTAN - INDIA n IRAN issues !

Whats your IQ?

Good ties with India is a positive thing as long as they are not at the expense of Pakistan. Having good ties with both can be a good thing for the stability in the region.

Back
Top Bottom