What's new

India has no better friend, partner than the US: Obama

Flintlock

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Lalit K Jha
Washington, Jan 26 (PTI) Asserting that Indians have "no better friend and partner" than the American people, President Barack Obama today said their "shared values" enable the two countries meet any challenge, particularly from those who "use violence to try to undermine our free and open societies".

Extending "warmest greetings" to the Indian people on the occasion of the 60th Republic Day, the new President said "together, we celebrate our shared belief in democracy, liberty, pluralism and religious tolerance." "As the Indian people celebrate Republic Day all across India, they should know that they have no better friend and partner than the people of the United States," he said in a special message.

Obama, who calls India a natural ally of the US and seeks inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi, said: "It is our shared values that form the bedrock of a robust relationship across peoples and governments.

"Those values and ideals provide the strength that enables us to meet any challenge, particularly from those who use violence to try to undermine our free and open societies," he said. PTI

hmmm interesting statement. But we need to see how much it transforms in to action.

Its very dangerous to have Americans as ally, But India can definitely "use" America to tackle threat from China which could benefit both.But this would be better if India stay out of them in other issues.

I far one would love to see US-India friendship.US will use Indian blood to counter China honestly speaking.Like US used Pakistani Blood to kill soviets in Afghanistan.

At this point these are mere words but I think there is no reason to dismiss them either.

Let's wait for some time before deciding how the Indo-US relations evolve under Obama. I think there mat well be some tensions at times and in some matters he will prove better than Bush.

Its very dangerous to have Americans as ally, But India can definitely "use" America to tackle threat from China which could benefit both.But this would be better if India stay out of them in other issues.
Do you honestly believe China will actually care about America if India started Anti China campaigns in South Asia?If India damages China then Chinese people will make sure that India becomes a living hell for Indians.

i doubt this statment, once they said they need to relook in nuclear deal now this. remember this might very well be all political drama.
noboyd can trust us of A, India shouldn't be a tool of us of a to somehow dampen china. instead we need to look for Chinese friends and prosper independent. With diplomatic friendship with all china Russia and us of a.
As for us of a friendship - its like having a pet snake which can very well bite you any day.
even if it intend to kiss you - you will only die out of it.

I am all for the Current Relationship India has with USA. So what if We Voted against Iran? So did the othere including the Russians and the Chinese (i hope i am not mistaken). For that one vote, we got the Nuke Deal, and the apartheid ended!

India wont be a tool in the hands of any, India cannot be controlled like a puppet, US knows it very well. The relationship will be based on Give and Take, and Currently India has taken More than it has Given! ;)

I am all for the Current Relationship India has with USA. So what if We Voted against Iran? So did the othere including the Russians and the Chinese (i hope i am not mistaken). For that one vote, we got the Nuke Deal, and the apartheid ended!

India wont be a tool in the hands of any, India cannot be controlled like a puppet, US knows it very well. The relationship will be based on Give and Take, and Currently India has taken More than it has Given! ;)
Hmm I guess American Leaders are dumb..they just love India.

Hmm I guess American Leaders are dumb..they just love India.
No Sir, they are not dumb, they gave us a deal to seal off a great start to a so called "friendship" which will prove useful to them as they need a counterweight to China, and the only nation capable of it as of now is India. Rest assured, it is not War between India and China that US wants, but a strong competetor to China in all fields to counter it. If someone is thinking India is gonna fight with China, then they are wrong. It wont happen ever.

Do you honestly believe China will actually care about America if India started Anti China campaigns in South Asia?If India damages China then Chinese people will make sure that India becomes a living hell for Indians.

Indians are not up for a fight with chinese . Bilateral trades are growing. Friendship might mean an effort to counterbalance military supremacy. India china are in no danger for war etc. 1 war was a mistake. However I see the following dangers for Pakistan: If pakistan accepts US money, Obama will make them fight against the so called terrirists inside and the Talibans. Unimaginable how pakistan would do that at the moment. Refusing to take money might mean an imbalance of the existing relations although it is good for pak to stand on their own legs. Next who knows there might be efforts to seal the nuclear possesions.

Guys can this statement in any way put pressure on India to choose either F-16 or F-18sh for MRCA.
Also I personally believe that this statement is quite authoritative, ain't it ?.
He wanna assert India should "realize" that "U.S. is it's best friend".

Back
Top Bottom