What's new

India ‘Has Lost’ Superbug War

Is India Filthy?
India is Filthy | Adventure Travel blog for Couples | The Planet D

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the fact that India is much cleaner than we expected.

Well, the minute I posted that article, I have been eating my words.

India is Filthy.

India_Filth_garbage_street.jpg

Ever since that day, India has become progressively worse. You see, we started our journey through the country in the South of India. We had heard all of the stories about the garbage, the cow dung, the pollution etc. We thought that we should ease our way into India so that we would be more prepared once we traveled north.

Goa was so nice, it had people cleaning the beaches each morning. (Except for the cow carcass that the dogs gnawed on each day) We even saw garbage trucks go by every once in a while. Hampi may have been rough around the edges but it was still possible to walk without a gagging on a regular basis.

Kerala almost seems sanitized at this point and Mumbai, well lets just say, I would love to go back to Mumbai. It had a few sidewalks that we could walk on. It had a few garbage cans here and there and it even had a waterfront path to escape the traffic. We didn’t even see cows in Coloba or the Fort District.

In retrospect I think that we may have made the wrong choice starting in the south. I think that if we traveled in the opposite direction we would have witnessed India becoming cleaner as we go. Sure it would have been just baby steps to cleanliness, but with each city we would have noticed an improvement.

Filthy_street_homeless_India.jpg

Instead we are seeing a dirtier and dirtier India with each stop.

We have become so grossed out in the North that we just may wimp out after Varanasi and the tiger sanctuary and skip out of Dodge while we still have happy thoughts about India.

India_filth_cows_garbage.jpg

Rajasthan has been noticeably a mess.

Our first stop was Udaipur and we loved that town. Sure, it had cow dung and garbage in the streets. The lake was polluted and at times you could smell the stench of urine where men had peed against the wall, but it wasn’t too bad.

Public_Urinals_Filthy_India.jpg

As we have moved on, each city has become more cluttered with refuse, human waste is in the streets along with the cow dung. Open sewers flow along the buildings foundations of old cities and it is impossible to walk anywhere. The filth was becoming more apparent with each day.

Yes, I am eating my words. I admit it, I take everything back.

India is Filthy.

filth_India_garbage_waste.jpg

Garbage_sewage_India_Filthy.jpg

Now that we are in Rajasthan, we wonder why the governing body doesn’t get its act together. There is no need to live in this waste.

There are a billion people in India, it should be easy to employ people to clean up the street. Why not put in some garbage cans? That would be a great start. If things are too disgusting to start off, why not put your criminals to work? We have punishments in Canada where people are sentenced to community service.

Dave and I walk around daily and state how there isn’t a reason for all this mess. Well, we can’t talk while we are walking. I have to assume the position of walking behind him while he leads the way. It is impossible to walk side by side. We must walk in single file. We have to walk on the road with the cars, the rickshaws and the cows and oh yeah, the filth.

india_filthy_sleeping_garbage1.jpg

We commented to each other that India is very bad for the relationship. We never get to hold hands or socialize while we walk. Nope, walking in India is work.

I have to walk with my scarf around my nose to block out the disgusting smells that linger in the air. We have to watch where we step, we can never take our eye off the road. One lapse in concentration and you could easily be stepping in a gooey mess of giant poop. Maybe they should have touts sell hip waders I’m sure they would be a big hit! All the while you have to dodge buses, cars, rickshaws and the odd loogie of spit coming out of windows or flying through the air from somewhere. You may trip over a homeless guy sleeping in the street… or a sleeping dog. Cows don’t move for anything and you have to fend off touts and beggars the entire time.

You want an adventure? Try going out for a leisurely stroll in India.

filthy_india_urinate_public_toilet.jpg

The temples are beautiful, the forts are nice, but the waste, the shit and garbage are such a turn off that we are really considering leaving the country. What can I say, we’ve reached our limit. We are Canada’s Wimpy Couple rather than Canada’s Adventure Couple. We just can’t get passed the feces and rotting food in the street.

It really makes us appreciate what we have in in Canada. A Garbage Union. Those guys deserve all the money they are making and more!

the living costs in canada is more than so many countries including the USA, that is why nobody is rich in canada

Last edited:
Sure, Indian are so bloody rich. :jester:
why is your sr$$ getting burnt...indians are doing well in india as well as other countries as well!! 

Poverty a growing issue even in wealthy Germany
The EU has declared 2010 the European Year for Combating Poverty and Exclusion, yet recent studies suggest that Germany's poor and middle class are getting poorer.

Germany's definition of poverty differs from other countries'

A thick red line in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate marks a symbolic barrier where there once stood a 12-foot wall of reinforced concrete. Behind the painted line, protesters wear tee-shirts displaying the words "I am indebted and am poor," "I have no education and am poor" or "I'm a single parent and am poor."

The red line here represents the poverty line, under which one in seven Germans lives - approximately 15 percent. In Europe the poverty rate comprises 17 percent of the population, or some 84 million people.

Surveys show that the situation has worsened in recent years. A recently-published European Union study states that three quarters of EU citizens perceive growing poverty in their home countries. Even in Germany, 57 percent surveyed said they felt poverty was increasing around them.

According to another recent study by the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), from 2000 to 2009, poverty in Germany increased from 18 to nearly 22 percent.

Yet with Germany boasting Europe's strongest economy and one of the highest living standards in the world, the German definition of poverty is not restricted to starvation and homelessness.

why is your sr$$ getting burnt...indians are doing well in india as well as other countries as well!! 

Poverty a growing issue even in wealthy Germany
The EU has declared 2010 the European Year for Combating Poverty and Exclusion, yet recent studies suggest that Germany's poor and middle class are getting poorer.

Germany's definition of poverty differs from other countries'

A thick red line in front of Berlin's Brandenburg Gate marks a symbolic barrier where there once stood a 12-foot wall of reinforced concrete. Behind the painted line, protesters wear tee-shirts displaying the words "I am indebted and am poor," "I have no education and am poor" or "I'm a single parent and am poor."

The red line here represents the poverty line, under which one in seven Germans lives - approximately 15 percent. In Europe the poverty rate comprises 17 percent of the population, or some 84 million people.

Surveys show that the situation has worsened in recent years. A recently-published European Union study states that three quarters of EU citizens perceive growing poverty in their home countries. Even in Germany, 57 percent surveyed said they felt poverty was increasing around them.

According to another recent study by the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), from 2000 to 2009, poverty in Germany increased from 18 to nearly 22 percent.

Yet with Germany boasting Europe's strongest economy and one of the highest living standards in the world, the German definition of poverty is not restricted to starvation and homelessness.

Why should my arse be burning? Even people who receive welfare from the state have a higher living standard than Indian middle class.

We do have a few beggars but you really have to search for them and almost all of them are Roma from Eastern Europa.

Why should my arse be burning? Even people who receive welfare from the state have a higher living standard than Indian middle class.

We do have a few beggars but you really have to search for them and almost all of them are Roma from Eastern Europa.
that is the main difference..people in india dont get any wlefare from the state and so everybody is hardworking and work and earn its own bread and not llike you people who take welfare and the imigrants do all the work

Sars outbreak started in china
Bird flu started in china
Swine flu started in Mexico
Lately polio resutrected in Pakistan

So much for dirty India

I'm gonna say something, but I will just post a comment on that site.
  • Gary Firestorm wrote:
Well, its quite unfortunate, that the scientist was banned. Its like the indians shot their own leg. I am an Indian living in US. And I totally agree on unregulated antibiotic drug use in India. The pharma industries must have lobbied the govt. to ban this research. The reason, Indians choose to go to US, UK is to start a decent life away from this BS, that goes around. I hope they would regulate it soon. But I know they will never.

Sars outbreak started in china
Bird flu started in china
Swine flu started in Mexico
Lately polio resutrected in Pakistan

So much for dirty India

I am glad that your dirty failed state still have that mentality
Dream on BUT just dont spread the dirt over the borders!

I am glad that your dirty failed state still have that mentality
Dream on BUT just dont spread the dirt over the borders!

China is more dirty. Even your villages aren't free from pollution.

China is more dirty. Even your villages aren't free from pollution.

failed state india is so many notches below us!
and you cant even distinguish between pollution caused by industrial waste and infectious diseases in india!

You have repeated that a million times just on PDF!
Cancer is not infectious cheerleader!

That's not curable. Everywhere in the world villages are known for being pollution free but here in China even villages aren't free from acute pollution causing number of diseases.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom