What's new

India has largest, most experienced mountain army in the world, says Chinese military expert

Chinese people will generally be some polite praise, in China's television or news is also the case.
If you ask the Chinese about the Arjun tank in India, they will praise it again.The general saying is that the Arjun tank is also one of the world's first-class tanks.
It is purely polite to praise first.
Very true. It's simply a Chinese culture. :D

indian army is sooo experienced as a mountain army it can smell out a yeti from his cave..have it run to the pastures for his life never to be seen again.

sophisticated night visions at height they have help them discover aliens and chinese spy drones while you get fooled thinking they are jupiter and mars...

indian troops can survive days without good food..and never complain..

Chinese people will generally be some polite praise, in China's television or news is also the case.
If you ask the Chinese about the Arjun tank in India, they will praise it again.The general saying is that the Arjun tank is also one of the world's first-class tanks.
It is purely polite to praise first.

Praiseworthy of you. Thank you so much. Did I mention I like Chow Mein very much?

Praiseworthy of you. Thank you so much. Did I mention I like Chow Mein very much?
Because different cultural backgrounds, different cultural backgrounds, look at other people's things are not the same. Maybe we should look at other people's affairs from their cultural background.

Because different cultural backgrounds, different cultural backgrounds, look at other people's things are not the same. Maybe we should look at other people's affairs from their cultural background.

So, no more Chow Mein? Pity. I make it at least twice or thrice a week.

Actually, jokes apart, I do make Chinese food - or at least, Indian Chinese food - several times a week. You should try my Chow Mein with my combined Green Chilli+Red Chilli+Light Soya+ Dark Soya+Oyster Sauce; it's delicious!

Yes, cultural backgrounds matter. Our cultural background in Bengal is inclusive. There is still a small Chinatown in the middle of Calcutta, and a very large, very prosperous Chinatown (the Chinese Consul goes there when he has a large party of guests to entertain) on the outskirts. We have 'adapted' Chinese, and it is now street food; office goers polish off a huge quantity every day.

I know you were being condescending, but on our side, we really don't have any hostility towards the Chinese people. There were regrettable incidents during 1962, but the administration came to its senses very soon, and everything was normal within a few weeks.

It is a different matter that the Chinese government is acting like a bunch of idiots. When our government consists of idiots and your government consists of idiots, do not expect things to go smoothly. Once these two sets of idiots drops dead, matters will go on as before.

Last edited:
You should make Beef Biryani and eat it

I don't make meat or fish at home - daughter's orders, she feels I won't do a good job of cleaning up. But Hyderabad biryani (and haleem, of course the haleem) is famous. It used to be Paradise, but Bawarchi is supposed to be better, according to the cognoscenti. However, everyone has his own favourite eatery and things can get a little tense when discussing which is better. Better to avoid quarrels and agree with the other chap and eat his biryani.

PS: While beef is freely available, only the poorer folk eat it; the Muslims I know prefer mutton or chicken. During Ramzan, definitely it's chicken haleem for iftaar, to break the fast, and other things follow.

Have to give India credit for this they train their regular soldiers in mountain warfare extremely well whilst in Pakistan mountain warfare is a privilege I hope our military generals are not sleeping we need to train our marines in mountain warfare and setup a special mountain brigade armed with light howitzer and troop transport helicopters also why is there no airborne regiment in Pakistan they can also be used to good effective for taking back strategic posts and position be it on mountain ridge or a desert for god sake give the marines vehicles with a 105mm gun so at least they can be independent in case of a offensive against India and leaves the army to plan its counter offensive without logistical sacrifice
No need. Pakistani soldiers are naturally cut out for mountain warfare. No training can give that edge. For instance Gilgit-Baltistanis & Chitralis are local inhabitants of the difficult mountains. That's why NLI performed so well in Kargil.

- PRTP GWD

Do you know what is "chow" and what is "mein"?

Chow is stir-fried, men, or mein is noodles. I am told anything that is handy can go into it. Of the recipes I have watched, no two were alike.

So I typically do red pepper, green pepper, maybe cabbage, beans, and stir fry them, add the sauce, and then add the noodles that I've made just before. Actually carrots also on occasion; haven't tried with brinjal or okra. Have tried it with bacon and it's delicious, but I'm no longer allowed red meat after my operation.

Why do you ask? Do you have a favourite recipe?

Chow is stir-fried, men, or mein is noodles. I am told anything that is handy can go into it. Of the recipes I have watched, no two were alike.

So I typically do red pepper, green pepper, maybe cabbage, beans, and stir fry them, add the sauce, and then add the noodles that I've made just before. Actually carrots also on occasion; haven't tried with brinjal or okra. Have tried it with bacon and it's delicious, but I'm no longer allowed red meat after my operation.

Why do you ask? Do you have a favourite recipe?
Absolutely correct. I asked you because I thought you wouldn't know and wanted you to know the correct meaning.

Absolutely correct. I asked you because I thought you wouldn't know and wanted you to know the correct meaning.

I love it. It's quick and easy and the sauce is to die for. I'm going to try with fish sauce instead of oyster sauce next (maybe in a day or two; off food for a while, been over-eating).

PS:
The best time I had was in KL, attending an AS/400 applications training programme, with delegates from all over the Middle East besides me, and a real p-i-t-a Yank trainer. They went off to fast food joints for lunch, and in sheer terror, I asked the Malaysian Chinese office manager if she could take me wherever she ate.
YUM!
Cheap and tasty!! While those idiots were having Big Macs and poisoning themselves.

So, no more Chow Mein? Pity. I make it at least twice or thrice a week.

Actually, jokes apart, I do make Chinese food - or at least, Indian Chinese food - several times a week. You should try my Chow Mein with my combined Green Chilli+Red Chilli+Light Soya+ Dark Soya+Oyster Sauce; it's delicious!

Yes, cultural backgrounds matter. Our cultural background in Bengal is inclusive. There is still a small Chinatown in the middle of Calcutta, and a very large, very prosperous Chinatown (the Chinese Consul goes there when he has a large party of guests to entertain) on the outskirts. We have 'adapted' Chinese, and it is now street food; office goers polish off a huge quantity every day.

I know you were being condescending, but on our side, we really don't have any hostility towards the Chinese people. There were regrettable incidents during 1962, but the administration came to its senses very soon, and everything was normal within a few weeks.

It is a different matter that the Chinese government is acting like a bunch of idiots. When our government consists of idiots and your government consists of idiots, do not expect things to go smoothly. Once these two sets of idiots drops dead, matters will go on as before.
In fact, Chinese people seldom eat fried noodles.I haven't had it for years. When I went to school, there was fried noodles in the school cafeteria.
Northerners eat steamed bun, southerners eat rice, and people in Xinjiang eat pouches
Delicious is fine.

Back
Top Bottom