What's new

India has largest, most experienced mountain army in the world, says Chinese military expert

You guys are having a nice diversion convo with Joe haha... @rott too..it was fun to read, thanks guys.

Also I know the Chinese names (cantonese and also mandarin, latter which I have been studying as much as I can during lockdown) of all the ones here, except for cod.

What is cod called in Chinese?...what is the best chinese recipe for cod?

Honestly I don't even think of Cod as an option for Chinese cuisine.

@xuxu1457 and @rott what is your favourite fish in general?

Haha, you would much enjoy Malaysia and Singapore then. There my friend, lies the best varieties (and fusions) on offer imo for Chinese food....very cheap too compared to most developed countries, since there is hearty food court culture.

In China itself, my favourite is Sichuanese....but you have to travel interior to get it authentic.

Just the bit I tried - in Sydney, of all places - told me it was too spicy for me. Like Andhra food to the rest of Indian cuisine.

Nope read the resolution this has been debated many times here. Indian troops will have to leave leaving only a token force for security. There should also be a force of local police and volunteers to help.
You must be crazy to think we would accept Indian troops.

You, buster, had better get a strait jacket ready. If I read any more of the posts that I tagged you and WAJsal for, you'll need it for me. How come these people are such experts about a land and a people they know nothing about?

Yes these folks like @Paro_Peagus and @MayaBazar take things little too extreme in the cooking haha.

Such intense food for the mouth, maybe I suspect to balance the most pleasant language they have.

Are the Sichuanese a little light in the head? I'm beginning to develop the theory that this kind of food affects the brain.

Are the Sichuanese a little light in the head? I'm beginning to develop the theory that this kind of food affects the brain.

Out of Chinese , I found Hakka (like @rott ), Cantonese and Sichuanese as most resolute, capable people. So no I don't find sichuaners light-headed....maybe if you break them down a bit with a little hot pot and some beers to chase it (I was in Chengdu specifically)... but that goes for most anyone (Initially "cold" Swedes are especially vulnerable to opening up nicely after a good spread of food and some schnapps).

They (chinese southerners and interior guys) have interesting dynamic w.r.t northerners (Yellow river etc) and beijingers etc. That's for another thread and another time...and really for Chinese ppl here to talk about more if they so desire.

In my impression...."Southern+interior" Han Chinese can vary a lot too ....look at difference between Mao and Deng for example ;)...but I find em all mostly to be pretty tough, pragmatic, earthy folks compared to more ego+politics-driven beijing types (though there are also lot of nice laypeople up there too). Lot of northerners in general have bit of pretending+overbearing+overcompensate issue....beijing heavenly mandate capital, beijing stronk etc. Then there's materialistic+commercial shanghai'ers (with their particular dialect) etc etc. China really is not some monolith many make it out to be or assume (or extrapolate from what they know of Chinese origin ppl where they are etc).

This is also all totally outside of HK Cantonese ppl that I know the best out of them all, growing up there (Cantonese itself is very different spoken language to Mandarin, but grammar is quite the same..and of course writing is standardized) ....which is another different subject imo.

Make the various corollaries with our lot (and river valleys/areas) as you want :P

You guys are having a nice diversion convo with Joe haha... @rott too..it was fun to read, thanks guys.

Also I know the Chinese names (cantonese and also mandarin, latter which I have been studying as much as I can during lockdown) of all the ones here, except for cod.

What is cod called in Chinese?...what is the best chinese recipe for cod?

Honestly I don't even think of Cod as an option for Chinese cuisine.

@xuxu1457 and @rott what is your favourite fish in general?

Haha, you would much enjoy Malaysia and Singapore then. There my friend, lies the best varieties (and fusions) on offer imo for Chinese food....very cheap too compared to most developed countries, since there is hearty food court culture.

In China itself, my favourite is Sichuanese....but you have to travel interior to get it authentic.
Thank you. In fact, Chinese cuisine didn't use cod very much before because cod is not from China.But Chinese food is always evolving, and new ingredients have never been a problem for Chinese cooking.
I bought cod mainly for children to eat, there is no thorn, meat is relatively soft.It's mainly steamed.
d754-isyparh0223069.jpg

The Chinese generally eat carp, the Asian carp species.Stings have never been a problem for the Chinese, probably because of the chopsticks.There used to be nine main species of freshwater fish.
IMG_20200611_102656.jpg

Seaside city eats marine fish and seafood more, before a few local fish also begin to breed in the whole nation, now phyletic more.
Sichuan is very suitable for life, Sichuan cuisine is one of China's eight major cuisines, but also to do a delicious class, mainly spicy.Chinese people like to eat Sichuan food very much。moreoverGirls in Sichuan are more beautiful.

100%, God those places are food heaven. I eat so much when I'm there. You forgot the Southern Indian fusion as well, yum. Oh man.

The Indian mountain division is so good that after China colonizes India, we will incorporate the Indian mountain division into our military and send them to fight all around the world!

First ask your PLA to fight. To colonize India you need fighting force not dancing queens.

My 2 cents, utilise ur resources to colonize Mars. India is too big for u guys.

@xuxu1457 when you got time my friend, you should update (when you can + you got interest for it) the chinese "regular day to day" pictures thread you were posting to earlier. It was very nice to follow.

The Indian mountain division is so good that after China colonizes India, we will incorporate the Indian mountain division into our military and send them to fight all around the world!

Haha I love this post! @rott :D

@xuxu1457 when you got time my friend, you should update (when you can + you got interest for it) the chinese "regular day to day" pictures thread you were posting to earlier. It was very nice to follow.

Haha I love this post! @rott :D
Thank you, recently a little busy, but after this month I will have a holiday, I and my family will go back to where I was born, rural hometown to live for more than a month, I will continue to update through my cell phone to take pictures

Yes, why not now?

You do realise that such a referendum would necessarily cover ALL of the princely state of J&K?
PLA is sitting 8 Km inside Indian side of LAC without firing a bullet, what is IA's plan ?

Please explain stance of Gurkha regiments as well as Nepali origin soldiers in IA regarding recent clash with Nepal?

PLA is sitting 8 Km inside Indian side of LAC without firing a bullet, what is IA's plan ?

Who told you that? What 8 kms might it be? You are the last person I thought to see swallowing this nonsense.

Please explain stance of Gurkha regiments as well as Nepali origin soldiers in IA regarding recent clash with Nepal?

You realise that the Nepali government is communist, and is not supported by more than half of Nepal?

Don't know the IA plan. The establishment's plan is 'one at a time'. First let's deal with Pakistan and then we will see.

- PRTP GWD

Fina
India has the world’s largest and most experienced troops trained for high-altitude battles, a military expert affiliated to China’s leading maker of equipment for the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has said, adding that mountaineering is an “essential skill” for each Indian soldier deployed in the mountains.
3_img19620171210.jpg

“At present, the world’s largest and experienced country with plateau and mountain troops is neither the US, Russia, nor any European powerhouse, but India,” wrote Huang Guozhi, senior editor of Modern Weaponry magazine.

The magazine, considered a comprehensive military and defence journal, is affiliated to the state-owned China North Industries Group Corporation Limited (NORINCO), which describes itself as “the main platform responsible for developing mechanised, digitised and intellectualised equipment for PLA”.

It’s one of the world’s largest defence contractors and is also closely involved in President Xi Jinping’s legacy project, the Belt and Road Initiative.

The write-up comes in the backdrop of a stand-off between Indian and Chinese border troops along the line of actual control (LAC) in the mountainous Ladakh region. It began last month and was the topic of talks between military commanders last weekend.

Huang’s article published in thepaper.cn is a rare critique of an Indian army wing in Chinese media, which usually takes the more nationalistic tone of brandishing its own capabilities along the border with India.

Huang’s take was nuanced.

“Mountaineering is an essential skill for almost every member of the Indian mountain army. To this end, India even recruited a large number of professional mountaineers and amateur mountaineers from the private sector,” Huang wrote.

“With more than 200000 troops in 12 divisions, the Indian mountain force is the largest mountain fighting force in the world,” Huang wrote.

Huang said that since the 1970s, the Indian military has established and expanded the size and personnel of the mountain army on a large-scale, and also plans to create a mountain strike force of more than 50,000 troops.

Giving the example of the Siachen Glacier, Huang wrote: “The Indian army has set up hundreds of outposts in the Siachen Glacier area with an altitude of more than 5,000 metres, with 6,000 to 7,000 fighters stationed. The highest post has reached 6,749 metres.”

Huang didn’t mention the source of the information but went on to give a list of weaponry that the Indian army has deployed in the mountains suitable to high-altitude battles.

“In terms of equipment, the Indian military, through procurement from abroad and domestic research and development, has equipped a large number of main battle weapons adapted to the combat environment of the plateau and mountains.”

“The Indian military has also spent heavily on advanced heavy equipment from the US including the M777, the world’s lightest 155mm-towed howitzer, and the Chinook heavy transport helicopter that lifts the gun, to boost its fire support and anti-armour capabilities”.

Huang also mentioned the high-calibre sniper rifles that Indian soldiers deployed at high-altitudes are now equipped with.

The author also listed shortcomings of the Indian army mountain troops including lack of self-sufficiency in weaponry and ammunition especially needed for western weaponry.

“In addition, there are many conflicts and differences between the Indian Army and the Indian Air Force. This has also led the Indian Army to decide to equip its own US-made AH-64E Longbow Apache attack helicopters instead of relying entirely on airfield support from the air force,” Huang wrote.

Incidentally, India and the US signed an estimated $800 million contract in February this year in New Delhi for the delivery of six Boeing AH-64E Apache Guardian attack helicopters to the Indian Army’s Aviation Corps (AAC).

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/india-has-largest-most-experienced-mountain-army-in-the-world-says-chinese-military-expert/story-4eR8hDrrshV7j59OHvfIYO.html#:~:text=India has the world's largest,soldier deployed in the mountains.

Finally Chinese have begun to realise the inferiority of their politicised army to the Indian army.

Back
Top Bottom