What's new

India has 40% of world's malnourished: Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what you get when you buy fancy planes and carriers :cuckoo: but leave the population starving.

This is just sad, for a nation that spends 40 billion a year on bombs.

We've heard this again and again and the simple fact is that India spends far,FAR more on poverty alleviation projects, healthcare etc than it does on defence- one scheme (the food security bill) alone will cost $22BN or half of the Indian defence budget. India is one of the few nations on earth that is making real headway on poverty relief right now and is one of only TWO nations that will meet its UN MDGs on poverty reduction by 2015. From almost 100% poverty in 1947 to <40% today India is doing very well all- things considered. One should also look into the AADHAAR/UDAI project to see how this will change India's fight on poverty in the coming years.

It is incredibly rich coming from Pakistanis whose own govt spends 25% of their budget and >5% of their GDP on defence- India's proportions are far less (~2% of GDP). India is a larger economy so in absolute terms expenditure on defence is always going to be more and it has a larger population so in real terms the numbers living in poverty will be greater- for now. However India's poverty is decreasing whilst Pakistan's is, by all accounts, increasing. I'd be more worried about Pakistan's poverty situation than India's especially given the precarious economic conditions your nation finds itself in.

Oh and can someone tell me where India and Pakistan's respective HDI scores?

Where the hell bragging comes in ?

Do you even follow India news ? Indians are among the most self criticizing people.
Tell me, can you organize protest everyday against your govt., without being run down by Tanks ?
I can also talk about Iron Fist policy of your govt. and hell lot about it.

Don't start the bashing game and derail the thread.

I stated the reasons and also mentioned the problems in India.

Maybe to you and your friends, Indians are the most self criticizing people. But that does not apply to most Indians here.

India should not be prideful and allow others to solve its perpetual hunger issue. From what I understand, there is still starvation death daily in India. Is that true?

In the 1990s, we used to see famine stricken regions from the Horn of Africa on our television screens. Are we now going to witness the same from India?

Are you serious or just an idiot?

Where the hell bragging comes in ?

bragging about a shining incredible super power india much?

Do you even follow India news ? Indians are among the most self criticizing people.

There may be an equal count of chest thumping indians in your country
Look at this forum as an example

Tell me, can you organize protest everyday against your govt., without being run down by Tanks ?

Why to organize protests if there is not any want to!?
This is just silly!
We have our protests too. Your protests are all futile which have no effect to deal with the problems in substance

You have you massive rape protests and yet many tragic cases of gruesome rape are happening non-stop

The Tiananmen Sq has ended decades ago
indians have your version of our sad incident many times over until today,

I can also talk about Iron Fist policy of your govt. and hell lot about it.

&#8221;Iron fist&#8220; get the hell out of here
We dont want an indian style democracy, nor usa style hegemonic hypocricy nor USSR's iron fist
We have our own mode of governance

We only rank 115 on the board!

Don't start the bashing game and derail the thread.

I am just stating the facts which pierce through indian hypocrisy hard

I stated the reasons and also mentioned the problems in India.

go on we would like to hear more about it

All other Asian countries rank above india @49 with the exception of just 3:

@23-Afghanistan
@39-Pakistan
@47-Myanmar

And each of the above 3 countries has a smaller economy than india. In fact in the case of Pakistan whose economy is about 13% of india's, is just 10 ranks below. It is doing as much a job in controlling the mortality rate of Pakistani kids as india.

By comparison Myanmar is more outstanding when its economy is at $83 billion while it only ranks 2 places below india

Afghanistan is war torn
Pakistan is in constant invasion by us drones
Myanmar is under a long time sanction of the west and still make the best out of the lot

In conclusion, it is india which performs the worst in Asia!

Yes india has 40percent malnaourished.... True but our lovely neighbour china has majority of abortions. Nearly 650 million fetus removed. Even there was news people in china eaten the fetus.... Better to be malnaourished than to eat human fetus.... Chinese can cross any heights of disgust.... Chinese mantra is eat anything that moves. Well fetus dont move....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes india has 40percent malnaourished.... True but our lovely neighbour china has majority of abortions. Nearly 650 million fetus removed. Even there was news people in china eaten the fetus.... Better to be malnaourished than to eat human fetus.... Chinese can cross any heights of disgust.... Chinese mantra is eat anything that moves. Well fetus dont move....

@shuttler name a worse evil country on planet earth that did everything evil that can be found? Yes.... Its mighty china. Yuck.... Even thinking of things chinese does makes me sick.... Want to puke.... Wait i wont puke. Chinese might make chinese dish out of it. Yuck....
Chinese cannibalism of infant flesh outrages the world | Washington Times Communities
17,500 Powdered Human Baby Pills Seized by South Korea
LIBRARY OF MOST CONTROVERSIAL FILES: China's Top 9 Fake Foods

bring the same content to a new threat then we discuss it over there&#65281;

Better to have short pain than long suffering, for that I'm with abortion, I wouldn't be able to stand if my son keep asking me "dad, it's there anything for eat, I'm hungry", I rather die first than to hear the suffering and tormenting voice of my son with their big eyes stir at me with hunger.

And don't bulsh1t about eating fetus only those mental retards would do such thing and even then if he got caught, there isn'nt much good future for him...and talk about eating, we chinese don't get use to share our feast with rats as your common practice...go google it.

@shuttler You take this forum too much seriously. Members here doesn't reflect entire India.

As for shining India, you are referring to few election campaigns and Indian members generally don't believe in it.

What you call chest thumping is actually Arguments Indians have to put here on a Pakistani forum, because thats all they can do.

If they post similar posts, many Pakistanis and especially Chinese posters do on this forum, they straight away get banned.

May be you should try to look from neutral POV.

Also tell me one thing, is everything perfectly fine in China ? I dont see any threads posted by you guys that tells about socio-economic problems in your country.

There was a thread on forced abortion in China, and guess what it didn't make to second page.

So, buddy, think again. I am not here to argue on behalf of all Indians, may be some Indian just got on your nerve or you just dont like India for sake of it and this forum, a Pakistani forum is best place to take out your anger.

@faithfulguy General Indians that you are talking about just take out their anger against all the bashing of their country being done by all the members without impunity.

As for hunger issue, tell me, isn't this a issue for many countries, not just India.

Is India the only country dealing with such basic problems ?

My point is that yeah we have problems, but we are trying to do our best. There are huge problems that we face to implement the policies and I have mentioned in the beginning.

Problem with most of these threads is that people dont want constructive discussion, they just want to bash.

Its up to senior posters to engage in meaningful discussion and report the trollers. But I have taken leave from this forum because even the people who are supposed to maintain the quality of posts on forum are not concerned about it.

The world knows it that the numbers are invention of Muslims, Arabs to be specific, and you guys even plagiarized that historic invention by adding "Hindu" to Arabic numeral system. at least you guys are good at something, branding everything as hindu or indian, the other day some body even claimed Caucasians had dark brown indian forefathers :hitwall:

The way you count today . .and the way the world counts today, was brought to this world by "astonishingly poor in simple math" people.

:laugh:

The language of mathematics and counting, brought to the world by India:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu–Arabic_numeral_system

The Hindu–Arabic numeral system
[1] or Hindu numeral system[2] is a positional decimal numeral system developed between the 1st and 4th centuries by Indian mathematicians.

The world knows it that the numbers are invention of Muslims, Arabs to be specific, and you guys even plagiarized that historic invention by adding "Hindu" to Arabic numeral system. at least you guys are good at something, branding everything as hindu or indian, the other day some body even claimed Caucasians had dark brown indian forefathers :hitwall:
Numbers were invented by Muslims ? Dude, when did Islam came into existence ? Since when Numbers have religion ?

Remember the name of the region was Hindusthan.

Don't see everything with religious lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom