What's new

India gets access to strategic Oman port for military use

There is some thing strange about this news. Why do India want to keep an eye on .

I can understand India wants to keep an eye on Gawadar but why India wants to keep Chabahar in sight?
We wouldn't leave our asset unguarded. One of the reasons why China asked pak for a naval base was to safeguard Gwadar.

There is some thing strange about this news. Why do India want to keep an eye on .

I can understand India wants to keep an eye on Gawadar but why India wants to keep Chabahar in sight?
Why not on chabahar, can you explain ?

It's actually great for Pakistan as we have tons of intelligence assets in Oman.

Why not. Only a super power like pakistan can have a tons of inteliigence around the globe.

There will be no foreign base on Pakistani soil. Hopefully you will get Maldives.

They won't get in Maldives..

what is the big deal about that, if Pakistan allows China to set naval base in Gwadar, not only we will help Pakistan weakening Indian Navy but share intelligent of all Indian naval activity transit through Arabian Sea with Pakistan, it will be a win-win for both nations. Soon or later China will seek a suitable Naval base in IOR or Africa coastal, djibouti is our first step.

You won't respect Pak sovereignty???..

Only the US is allowed to have military bases in Pakistan.
I would rather like a Chinese Naval base in Pakistan. We need to strengthen our ties with China and kick out any US assets from Pakistan. At least until PNS is upgraded to the level where it can easily take on the control of IOR.

I would rather like a Chinese Naval base in Pakistan. We need to strengthen our ties with China and kick out any US assets from Pakistan. At least until PNS is upgraded to the level where it can easily take on the control of IOR.
It was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment. The poster said we will not allow Chinese military base in Pakistan. Why is that the case lol? We already allow US military bases and that's worked out well. We'd rather an enemy within our borders more so than a friend.

No one should be allowed.
But the US is allowed.

You are taking a circle approach. Use the US to tackle the Russians. Now use China to tackle the US, its better we start immediately to modernise ourselves.

It was meant to be a tongue in cheek comment. The poster said we will not allow Chinese military base in Pakistan. Why is that the case lol? We already allow US military bases and that's worked out well. We'd rather an enemy within our borders more so than a friend.

But the US is allowed.

Thats why I said should.

You are taking a circle approach. Use the US to tackle the Russians. Now use China to tackle the US, its better we start immediately to modernise ourselves.
Chinese base can help Pakistan as Russia has helped Syria. Pakistan and China are friends and we should strengthen our defence ties while Pakistan and USA were never friends rather a master-slave relationship that has mostly damaged Pakistan. Now it is time for us to move away from the bully and cosy up with our friends.

Back
Top Bottom