What's new

India gang-rape victim in Singapore for treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delhi Gang-Rape Victim May Need Organ Transplant

NEWSER) – The woman who was gang-raped on a New Delhi bus has been flown to Singapore for treatment. The 23-year-old remains in 'extremely critical condition,' says a hospital rep, and she may need an organ transplant. India's government fears that continuing protests—which have already seen the death of a police officer, the BBC notes—could grow depending on the woman's fate, the Times of India reports. And it adds that her health has only worsened: She suffered a cardiac arrest on Wednesday, and is fighting sepsis, which must be dealt with before an intestine transplant can be considered.

Authorities, led by a retired judge, are conducting an inquiry into the official response to the assault. Two police officers have been suspended amid concerns that authorities have looked the other way while women are attacked. The protests earlier prompted a citywide lockdown, but roads and subway stations are beginning to reopen, the BBC adds.

In my oinion for all Newss item threads, create 2 threads.. Mark one as serious and other as free-for-all (troll thread) where no bands will be given and you can say what you want. there should be a parallel troll immunity thread for every seriuos thread.
What an idea , no?

Hard to say mate though that is one of the factors, apparently one of the other factors is that Singapore is a multi organ transplant facility. That does provide an indicator the poor lady might need an organ transplant. We shall see. God bless.

yes, that's the reason which I found in the news ... I really wanted to know it.

living in singapore for some time, I have generally good views about it .. but one of low opinions I have is about the hospitals, and in that specifically the nursing staff.

specifically, probably among the costlier maternity hospitals - Thomson Medical Center.. gave me quite a bad experience. I've had prior experience at Hiranandani Hospital (Powai, Mumbai), which is again one of the costlier hospitals there.. but the service is truly A-grade.

The nursing staff at Thomson Medical center badly disappointed .. I did expect better trained nurses, more courteous to say the least. Thomson is just minting money .. which I am not complaining about ... but atleast they should ensure world class service for the money the charge !!!

:tdown: for Thomson Medical Center (.. just that I'd leave out the doctor - gynac, who was UK educated and was the good and among the more crucial part of our experience).

Back to the topic ... I think it's just because of this odd "multiple-transplant facility" that they moved the girl here... otherwise.. well, atleast from my experience medical services are much much better in India (atleast for those who can afford these private hospitals - Hiranandani, Fortis, Apollo etc.).

Wish the girl a speedy recovery.

She suffered a cardiac arrest on Wednesday, and is fighting sepsis, which must be dealt with before an intestine transplant can be considered.

If the victim doesn't make it, protests will flare up.

The toughest punishment against rape cases are served in UK with most cases ended up being life imprisonment for the scumbags .
How hard is it for the GOI to adopt a certain law system such as this ?

Not true. The UK has a pathetic attitude to rape I'm said to say. It was only recently new laws were brought in that redefined certain sexual assaults to rape and opened up the previous defintion of rape and widened the Judiciaries remit to prosecute. The UK has some outrageously low prosecution rates for rape I think it might me <10%.

The US has the best laws wrt actual punishment IMHO. If these things happened in US I've 0 doubt you'd see life in prison, in UK maybe 10-20 may be less, in India most likely life.

In my opinion, the rapist should also be transfer to Singapore as well to face justice there. They will get several canning to the critical area before dismemberment of the critical area. If they survive, they can get a position at the Saudi Kings residence.

:rofl: - Couldn't help it.

Why can't Indians change the law to impose death penalty on the rapists? Obviously it has not been working.

There is very little evidence that capital punishment actually deters criminals from indulging in illicit behavior. In India capital punishment is reserved for the "rarest of rare" (actual SC definition IIRC) cases ie terrorists and serial killers. Life in an Indian jail is a far worse punishment than death IMHO and this is what the accused are facing!

Its not the number of years or death that is a deterrent. Its the mentality of the people that needs to change.

Secondly, they need to be sure that every rapist is caught. If the conviction rate is 100%, people will not do it. They only do it because they think they can get away with it.

Its this factor, that they think they might get away is the crucial one. This needs to be changed, lets make sure police is 100% effective and conviction rate 100%
Mate the fact is the protestors were misdirecting the anger at the GoI when they should have been protesting about the backward bloody system that has created these monsters. Even if the Police are on ever street corner and have 100% prosecution rates horrid these things will still happen. It is Indian society's failings more than the GoI's in this case. It was the backward soceity that taught these men that women were inferior to them and were propety of men that empowered them to do such things. There is little the GoI can actually do when it is ingrained idiocy/backwardness/ignorance within elements of socety that has caused this.

yes, that's the reason which I found in the news ... I really wanted to know it.

living in singapore for some time, I have generally good views about it .. but one of low opinions I have is about the hospitals, and in that specifically the nursing staff.

specifically, probably among the costlier maternity hospitals - Thomson Medical Center.. gave me quite a bad experience. I've had prior experience at Hiranandani Hospital (Powai, Mumbai), which is again one of the costlier hospitals there.. but the service is truly A-grade.

The nursing staff at Thomson Medical center badly disappointed .. I did expect better trained nurses, more courteous to say the least. Thomson is just minting money .. which I am not complaining about ... but atleast they should ensure world class service for the money the charge !!!

:tdown: for Thomson Medical Center (.. just that I'd leave out the doctor - gynac, who was UK educated and was the good and among the more crucial part of our experience).

Back to the topic ... I think it's just because of this odd "multiple-transplant facility" that they moved the girl here... otherwise.. well, atleast from my experience medical services are much much better in India (atleast for those who can afford these private hospitals - Hiranandani, Fortis, Apollo etc.).

Wish the girl a speedy recovery.

Totally agreed, in fact I had relatives sent to Raffles Hospital for an emergency and the medical treatment totally sucks, staffed by fresh doctors who didn't know how to treat elderly etc. We rushed her to Mount E as soon as we could.

Unfortunately Singapore healthcare is now divided into two parts for private, the good and super expensive or the normal and slightly cheaper private hospitals. The latter uses Singapore's reputation as a healthcare provider and just cut cost everywhere to up the profit margins.

Corporate healthcare here are now so driven by the profit they would get patients to go for expensive checks that are really not needed or worse cases go under the knife. So many cases of healthcare issues and overcharging recently makes you wonder and the doctors get away with little penalty even so something as serious as causing the death of the patient.

Government healthcare is sometime slightly better then the normal private care, but they got their own issues too.

To be honest I wouldn't mind going for healthcare checks in Malaysia or Thailand, I heard its good service at a good price.

Another sad victim.
Indian gang-rape victim commits suicide &mdash; RT

Land of rapists?
Doctors in Singapore battle to save Indian gang-rape victim | News.com.au
"Official figures show that 228,650 of the total 256,329 violent crimes recorded last year were against women, with the number of rapes in the capital rising 17 percent to 661 this year.

Gang-rapes are reported on a daily basis, with police revealing on Thursday that a 42-year-old woman had been found overnight dumped on a road in southeast Delhi after she was gagged, sedated and then raped by three men."

Sad society when men can't get women they start raping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom