What's new

India, France sign $6 bn deal on Surface to Air Missile

Good news !! France always had an independent foreign policy and supported us after the 1998 nuclear tests. We can trust them :tup:

French SAMS such as the Rolland were the greatest threat to US fighters in Iraq, hard to visually acquire, persistent, difficult to beat and fast. India should benefit immensely from this deal.Anyone have more information on MAITRI?

Google isn't much help it takes me to MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves

French SAMS such as the Rolland were the greatest threat to US fighters in Iraq, hard to visually acquire, persistent, difficult to beat and fast. India should benefit immensely from this deal.Anyone have more information on MAITRI?Google takes me to MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves
Can you tell us more about French SAM ? Just few important points. Thanks.

French SAMS such as the Rolland were the greatest threat to US fighters in Iraq, hard to visually acquire, persistent, difficult to beat and fast. India should benefit immensely from this deal.Anyone have more information on MAITRI?

Google isn't much help it takes me to MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves MAITRI | Helping Women Help Themselves

Livefist: Programme Update: The Indo-French Maitri SR-SAM

Maitri (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Finally, but although I hoped for versions for IAF and IN, this can't be true, since Maitri was selected for IA in first place, IAF selected Spyder SAM.

This deal with France is for VSHORAD i think.
Spyder is SR SAM.

What i donot understand is what role does this have in IN.

IN already fields a good system in Barak 1. Its also a 10km range naval SRSAM.
IN is on the verge of completing Barak NG/8. Its a 70kms range naval MRSAM.

So where does a 15 km range Maitri fit into this?

Can you tell us more about French SAM ? Just few important points. Thanks.

They make some of the best quick reaction missiles capable of interception at very low altitudes.
Different combination of seekers such as IR, radar and TV can be loaded on the launcher.
A pilots worse nightmare, unfortunately the French are not too selective about who they sell these things to.
But fortunately our towed decoys work very well and is effective against most threats.

They make some of the best quick reaction missiles capable of interception at very low altitudes.
Different combination of seekers such as IR, radar and TV can be loaded on the launcher.
A pilots worse nightmare, unfortunately the French are not too selective about who they sell these things to.
But fortunately our towed decoys work very well and is effective against most threats.

What's wrong with selling to India ?

Finally, but although I hoped for versions for IAF and IN, this can't be true, since Maitri was selected for IA in first place, IAF selected Spyder SAM.
Yes,this is confusing.looks like this is for very short range SAM.
SPYDER is QRSAM. :undecided:

please elaborate

Back
Top Bottom