What's new

India eyes Israel's Iron Dome to counter Pak, puppets

And your counter artillery will face Iron Dome, isn't that scenario we're talking about here? :azn:

I'm not saying it's 100% effective, even if it's 70% effective....still enough to save a lot of life and resources on our sides. :)

With Iron dome you won't be saving your resources. You would be wasting them at a even greater velocity than Brahmos travels. :D

And even after that loss of life would be inevitable. :)

Scene 1: Iron Dome importance

Idea is simple. Like what happen in Kargil? If PAK Artillery shell is coming and going to hit Indian Gun / Ammunition dump then Iron dome can intercept and neutralise it .

Indian Artillery can direct to PAK Gun position where PAK gun has no Defence.

PS: Now don't say PAK 155mm Artillery shell can make zig zag moment like missile

Scene 2:

Indian Army Troops move into PAK territory (Cold Start), PAK Army fires MBRL's (unguided Rockets), Artillery Shells, or NASAR missile, IROM DOME and SAM can stop most of the them and prevent heavy damage and counter offensive can damage enemy more.

With Iron dome you won't be saving your resources. You would be wasting them even greater velocity than Brahmos travels. :D

And even after that loss of life would be inevitable.

How is that? Seems like you'll have a lot of learning to do about Iron Dome. As i mentioned earlier and i repeat, it won't engage all of your projectiles, only those which are heading for the protected zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Iron dome you won't be saving your resources. You would be wasting them at a even greater velocity than Brahmos travels. :D

And even after that loss of life would be inevitable. :)

we will get 5 mins of saving, but counter strike can wipe those units which can fire after 5mins, after that their will not firing .

Think about that, you are only saying you will firing and their will be no counter strike.

Do you by any chance find a similarity between Palestinian Authority and Pakistan ? :azn: ... How exactly would the Govt of Pakistan allow LeT to launch home-made rockets from Pakistani soil and how exactly would it threaten " large groups of Indian population " ?

That remains to be seen, India can't go under the presumption that Pakistan will not let it happen.
Most border towns have a fair amount of population - for e.g. Amritsar, don't you think a battery there would help?

How is that? Seems like you'll have a lot of learning to do about Iron Dome. As i mentioned earlier and i repeat, it won't engage all of your projectiles, only those which are heading for the protected zone.

Yeah I know what you wanted to say. And believe me this Iron Dome isn't going to help you much even for protecting those "protected zones".

I love the way when Indians always come up with the "best case scenario" in a war with Pakistan. Unfortunately there generals don't think in the same manner. :frown:

we will get 5 mins of saving, but counter strike can wipe those units which can fire after 5mins, after that their will not firing .

Think about that, you are only saying you will firing and their will be no counter strike.

It is you who thinks that they will successfully neutralize all Pakistani units while Pakistanis would be busy performing last rituals of their dead like Hamas. Wake up buddy. Things are too complicated than that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know what you wanted to say. And believe this Iron Dome isn't going to help you much even for protecting those "protected zones".

I love the way when Indians always come up with the "best case scenario" in a war with Pakistan. Unfortunately there generals don't think in the same manner. :frown:

In this side, the Generals are showing interest in Iron Dome. Acquisition Iron Dome is likely to give us some survival chance, than having nothing. ;)

In this side, the Generals are showing interest in Iron Dome. Acquisition Iron Dome is likely to give us some survival chance, than having nothing. ;)

Well some generals won't mind a few kickbacks. ;)

Not everyone hates easy money. :)

Iron Dome will be a good system for us

However I think Only Large cities and Most Important Military Bases along border will be equipped with Iron Dome

we dont want iron dome. because its batteries are costly. but we need a same system which will be produced indigenously with low cost because in future we may face same threat from LeTs etc what israel is now facing from hamas.pakistan is not enough to protect it system stealing by terrorists and who knows. so we should be prepare for such kind of threats also.

Well some generals won't mind a few kickbacks. ;)

Not everyone hates easy money. :)

For cost effectiveness, one could easily acquire Rheinnettal Oerlikon, but Iron Dome provides better prospects than it. Specially when there'll be localized production of the projectiles.

From your opinion it seems like, Tanks are obsolete as AGTMs are cheap. Isn't?

Israel is a small country geographically, the distances between Palestinians areas & Israeli cities are not very large. India is a huge country and will almost never suffer a similar worry. Extremely unlikely that even if LeT is allowed to have & fire the type of missiles Hamas is doing, we still have not the same fear as the Israelis. Indian forces will almost always retaliate to such an attack (not to be mistakenly associated with a terrorist attack that can be disclaimed)& Pakistani border positions would take a terrible beating. Just don't see the Pakistani military willing to allow for such a possibility.

This is not to say that India must not look at all measures to secure herself, including the Iron dome. Only that we must be realistic in the kind of threats that we will commonly face.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom