What's new

India "Explodes" as its "Time of Reckoning" Arrives

They already did. They were co-founders of the SCO along with China. :lol:

And I'll say it again. BRIC is not a political or economic alliance, it never was. China and India are obviously not allies in any sense.

It was an investment term coined by Goldman Sachs, to describe the four largest developing economies.
lol dont make fun of yourself...
SCO included both India and Pakistan right???
You didnt answer my point in any of the group formed till date Russia ignored India and favored Pakistan as your dream pact btw Russia/Pakistan/china???dont beat around the bush answer straight...

lol dont make fun of yourself...
SCO included both India and Pakistan right???
You didnt answer my point in any of the group formed till date Russia ignored India and favored Pakistan as your dream pact btw Russia/Pakistan/china???dont beat around the bush answer straight...

Wrong, India and Pakistan are not SCO members. :no:

They both applied for membership. No decision has been made yet.

leave him bro.. these pakistanis are from start fed with hatred against India ... these people are so engrossed in hatred with Hindu India that ... thr own reality .. the reality of Pakistan which by all standards a FAILED state is not visible to them ... but they get comfort when they compare us with China ... coz only other big country doing better than us is china .. which wont be growing faster than us in coming years ,,, all i can say is happy BURNing in jealousy to all pakistanis ... :P
they are in high octane for the growth of China so much so that they blow their own trumphets of the Chinese growth more than the Chinese members themselves....@ topic the day of reckoning of India makes me jus laugh at the ignorance of the guys who are making fun of us @ even though they them self are growing only @ 2.4%

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Wrong, India and Pakistan are not SCO members. :no:

They both applied for membership. No decision has been made yet.
oki sorry for that wrong info....
anyhow that doesnt prove your point either that Russia will abandon India and induct Pakistan and form a new dream alliance...

they are in high octane for the growth of China so much so that they blow their own trumphets of the Chinese growth more than the Chinese members themselves....@ topic the day of reckoning of India makes me jus laugh at the ignorance of the guys who are making fun of us @ even though they them self are growing only @ 2.4%

all I can say is Pathetic ... really i feel for them .. they have nothing to cheer about in thr own country ... so they take comfort in things like these ... .. just enjoy bro.. i come here and see how much pakistanis get burned when we post good things about india ... really enjoy here ,,, my blood level gets increased when i see pakistanis burning in jealousy .. :) i am lovin it .. :)

oki sorry for that wrong info....
anyhow that doesnt prove your point either that Russia will abandon India and induct Pakistan and form a new dream alliance...

I never said that. :no:

I only said that BRIC is not an alliance of any kind, whether military political or economic.

I never said that. :no:

I only said that BRIC is not an alliance of any kind, whether military political or economic.
oki I rest my case...
and all the best for you and your friend in forming alliance with Russia to form way way way powerful than anything existing alliance...:D
all i can say is there cannot be enemity for a sustainable environment....we Indians have recogonised the growth of China and admire you...all that we are saying is Pakistani friends if you cant recognise that we are in a growth path then atleast dont make fun of us cos at the end you are the one who are looking funny....

....we Indians have recogonised the growth of China and admire you...all that we are saying is Pakistani friends if you cant recognise that we are in a growth path then atleast dont make fun of us cos at the end you are the one who are looking funny....

Is that why you Indians are always bashing China?

...if you cant recognise that we are in a growth path then atleast dont make fun of us cos at the end you are the one who are looking funny....

Please give this advice to your fellow countrymen.

Not even trying to get economic, it is good to let off steam periodically when moving the jauggernaut forward. If that does not happen then good probability of the system imploding. Partial increase in deficit owing to higher cost of borrowing internally in the economy which was anyway necessary to tame the inflation is acceptable. When seeing the current account deficit, it is also important to relate it to the GDP. Nothing is a worry here. The very fact that the Rupee reflects the expensive imports today will only naturally add impetus to the increased internal manufacturing + exports. But who will tell the parrots that? This is not explosion, that will happen to the higher & deeper, honey in a few months when numbers cannot be fudged anymore and flight of capital starts. No need to be clairvoyant there :)

In a tough message to India Inc, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh urged industry leaders to stop negative comments, and pitch in to help India grow.

"I must confess that it is a little disappointing to sometimes hear negative comments emanating from our business leadership or be told that government's policies are causing slowdown and pessimism in the industrial sector. Such comments have added to uncertainty and have emboldened those who have no stake in our economic growth.

It is true that our country faces a large number of issues which need urgent resolution. The energy sector, the port sector, the transport sector, the supply of gas and coal, all need greater attention. Corruption and better governance also require firm handling. I wish to assure you that our Government is serious about tackling these issues. We are also committed to ensuring the predictability and transparency of our policy and regulatory environment," the Prime Minister said.

These comments were a part of PM's remarks at a meeting of the Council on Trade and Industry held yesterday evening. India Inc met the PM to discuss concerns over economic slowdown, high interest rates and lack of reforms.

We had a very good interaction with the PM. He listened to all the different challenges faced by the Industry. The PM is very determined to get back on the growth path, Swati Piramal, Member of the PM Council on Trade told NDTV Profit.[RELATED-STORIES]

Those present at the meeting included Tata Sons Chairman Ratan Tata, Bajaj Auto Chairman Rahul Bajaj, Reliance Industries’ Mukesh Ambani, former Chairman of Infosys NR Narayana Murthy, Bharti Airtel's Sunil Mittal and ICICI Bank's Chanda Kochhar. Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma and Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia also attended the meeting.

Read more at: PM to India Inc: Negative comments disappointing
Do you earn your living by writing negative articles against India..
Guys support him,he is trying to get food for his family.

BTW,India still grew at 7.5% better than most of the world.
And 2012 predictions are better,as RBI has intervened,Food inflation is already 1.8% lower than Pakistan and China's.
Don't put your head in the sand like an ostrich..India is still doing good and it is just a brief period of slowdown,which China and the whole world is experiencing,see the growth rates of Brazil,Russia and South Africa,all below India's,only China is better off than India.
Brazil's economy - Investors.com
Try to be factual and not a be one sided.
But hey you are earning your bread by posting anti India articles,No problem ;)

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Is that why you Indians are always bashing China?

Please give this advice to your fellow countrymen.
Do you know the difference between admire and bash?
You guys admire USA and want to be like it..every developing countries want to be..but hey you bash it as well.
Switch on your mind before you type.

There's no comparison between China and India....China is far ahead among BRICs.

SGS's Albert Edwards says BRIC really stands for Bloody Ridiculous Investment Concept, not an acronym for populous emerging markets of Brazil, Russia, India and China as Goldman Sachs' Jim O'Neill saw it ten years ago.

Haq's Musings: Indian Economic Miracle is Deceptive!

:lol: Brazil and Russia have higher per capita income than China...average Chinese is poorer than an average Brazilian/Russian.

Last edited by a moderator:
India on verge of financial crisis, says The Guardian:

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in Mumbai. The country is facing its own financial crisis. Photograph: Vivek Prakash/REUTERS
India's financial woes are rapidly approaching the critical stage. The rupee has depreciated by 44% in the past two years and hit a record low against the US dollar on Monday. The stock market is plunging, bond yields are nudging 10% and capital is flooding out of the country.

In a sense, this is a classic case of deja vu, a revisiting of the Asian crisis of 1997-98 that acted as an unheeded warning sign of what was in store for the global economy a decade later. An emerging economy exhibiting strong growth attracts the attention of foreign investors. Inward investment comes in together with hot money flows that circumvent capital controls. Capital inflows push up the exchange rate, making imports cheaper and exports dearer. The trade deficit balloons, growth slows, deep-seated structural flaws become more prominent and the hot money leaves.

The trigger for the run on the rupee has been the news from Washington that the Federal Reserve is considering scaling back - "tapering" - its bond-buying stimulus programme from next month. This has consequences for all emerging market economies: firstly, there is the fear that a reduced stimulus will mean weaker growth in the US, with a knock-on impact on exports from the developing world. Secondly, high-yielding currencies such as the rupee have benefited from a search for yield on the part of global investors. If policy is going to be tightened in the US, then the dollar becomes more attractive and the rupee less so.

But while the Indonesian rupee and the South African rand are also feeling the heat, it is India – with its large trade and budget deficits – that looks like the accident most likely to happen. On past form, emerging market crises go through three stages: in stage one, policymakers do nothing in the hope that the problem goes away. In stage two, they cobble together some panic measures, normally involving half-baked capital controls and selling of dollars in an attempt to underpin their currencies. In stage three, they either come up with a workable plan themselves or call in the IMF. India is on the cusp of stage three.

India on the brink of its own financial crisis | Business | The Guardian

Back
Top Bottom