What's new

India expels American diplomat

Indians have been touting that Khobragade was granted "full immunity". That's a much-abused phrase. U.N. diplomatic immunity has its own pluses and minuses. One of these is that unlike country-to-country immunity, a member-state is supposed to waive criminal immunity if it looks like the dip is using it to subvert the process of justice. This India decided not to do.

The question is when ball was in US court ...why did it not play by the rule book ???

If US was so sure about the case why did not it take a stand refuse to give Devyani the scape route ???

the very fact that it became party to this decision ...knowingly , cooroborates my stand that US has no love for truth, justice , peace and so on...

There is nothing sacred in US book that it can't compromise upon....

If required US will go any length to bend or break rules , laws , conventions ....

all that matters to US is its 'own' interests and not principles !!!

Do you understand that ???

There's no point speculating on what might have happened.
This course of events was preordained the moment John Kerry showed daylight between the DOS and DOJ.

I am going by the track record. On 3 other occasions indian reps were prosecuted for the same crime. several of the same prosecutions ( alleged crimes) took place on rep's from other countries. she is the ONLY one to have been given the ' break'...and it is all because of this corrections uniform she was put in

he confessed to be for mother china. he is not just anti american , but anti- israel and anti anyone that India has a good relationship towards. he is always pro china ... feel free to support him.
I never confessed that i am from china you american fool...

...for those who are saying that India is overreacting, I only hope that one of their family members go through this:-
only @JayAtl can understand that...remaining all are chinese as per him...

Stop feeding the troll man . He is enjoying the attention
He bro...I am as indian as you are...
Just because i hate america does not mean i am from china...
He is just another preet bakoda trying to prove something to his masters...

There is no double standard. Every country fights for its people. you just did and she is coming home.

there have been 3 occasions when indian tax payer money fed Embassy rep's, folk's whose salary you pay!, have got busted on maid trafficking before bringing shame to the country. They all got convicted before. there have been reps from other countries charged and convicted for the same... this is not an unique US law for Indian consul workers.

US refused to let its undercover agent get away from charge of murder and went great length to extricate him ....and used all that it could in its power ...and americans pat their government for that ...those very americans are blaming India for not waiving her immunity and 'subverting' justice ...does not that constitute double -standard ???

I am going by the track record. On 3 other occasions indian reps were prosecuted for the same crime. several of the same prosecutions ( alleged crimes) took place on rep's from other countries. she is the ONLY one to have been given the ' break'...and it is all because of this corrections uniform she was put in

State has given immunity to other foreign dignitaries (Arab, Russian, etc.).

Previous Indian diplomats (Neena Malhorta) also evaded their sentence, although I believe she already had immunity and India decided not to waive it (not sure).

....for those who are saying that India is overreacting, I just hope, one of their family members goes through this:-

Yes this was outrageous and is being prosecuted ... what is your point? that screw ups don't happen in India? your cops were busted raping girls. where is your sanctimonious attitude coming from?

this is not what happened to your consular...

That's 'cause US has a habit of getting away with it. It's either my way or highway. But this time they bit off more than they could chew! It's not easy for them to take this, as they are not used to it normally!

Well US will have to get used to it ...

Expelling US diplomat in retaliation is the right move in that direction ....

Enough is enough .

This is our reply to all humiliations that India swallowed in past ...

This is not for Devyani ....but for all previous victims of high handedness of US authorities ....

Yes this was outrageous and is being prosecuted ... what is your point? that screw ups don't happen in India? your cops were busted raping girls. where is your sanctimonious attitude coming from?

this is not what happened to your consular...
Thats where comes the immunity...
We dont care if you do this to NRI...

US refused to let its undercover agent get away from charge of murder and went great length to extricate him ....and used all that it could in its power ...and americans pat their government for that ...those very americans are blaming India for not waiving her immunity and 'subverting' justice ...does not that constitute double -standard ???

There is one guy who is saying india should have waived... that is not " americans" . YOU DOLT!

Back
Top Bottom