What's new

India English growth 'too slow'

I can see that we ran in to a langauge problem. I just meant that you chose to master Japanese with IT to teach in India!!!! Took up = subscribed/ chose to learn when you graduated / post graduated (PG)!! In college, we take up/ subscribe to courses.

But not to worry, I will try to explain better now that I realize our diferent takes on the langauge.

Well HK and Macau are SARs but let us see..... if Guangzhou, Shenzen, Shanghai, Nanjing.... are in China then I have for sure been there. Re my comment about the interest of the government making Mandarin compulsory, actually I got to know this when I was with a Chinese friend in Shanghai. We took a taxi to go to the Exhibition Center and there was a problem in communication with the taxi driver for my friend. That is when he explained that the government wants to make Mandarin compulsory..... So you are very wrong when you say that every Chinese can speak Mandarin. Or may be you and me go to different Chinas!!!!!!!

Re the pride in our languages, well we have a lot of pride in them that is why we always ensure to teach our young ones the mother language always depending on whichever part of the country we are from. But no harm in teaching them good English too. Afterall we want to prepare them for the best opportunities in future. Isn't that a good idea my Japanese / IT teacher friend????

im from wuhan, central china. mandarin is not written differently. it's just a different accent. in the countryside, people do not speak mandarin, but in the city, most people do. try going to shenzhen instead of shanghai?

anyway, india can keep its lead as top english country. china on the other hand should be concerned with increasing national prestige and making chinese more popular.

Listen up buddy - I replied to you cos clearly you were not neutral in that post of yours! It was a simple logical conclusion drawn by first hand experience and I shared it with you.

If you had not thrown a jibe like that, I would not have replied. Anyhow, I have made my point clear i.e. it was more about a sociological implication than anything else.

Like I said you are entitled to your views and I won't go beyond this post to explain my actions further!

:coffee:
Hi
excuse me even a kid will make out if that was a jibe or a candid reply to some ones barb, barring traditional rivalry as an excuse to deviate from topic, but since its too obvious that some people don't want to over come their orthodox beliefs so its pointless to discuss

Hi
excuse me even a kid will make out if that was a jibe or a candid reply to some ones barb, barring traditional rivalry as an excuse to deviate from topic, but since its too obvious that some people don't want to over come their orthodox beliefs so its pointless to discuss

It is not an Orthodox belief but like I said a first hand account - it is an inference drawn from sociological implications.....and very modern one....something that is prevalent all across the globe and for all nationalities within a certain region to which they can trace their roots!

Eg - The USSR and its former states, The Subcontinent and its regions, The Middle East and its states, the EUROPEAN UNION among them the Mediterranean region, Iberia (Spain and Portugal), Eastern Europe and member countries, etc etc......

:cheers:

well my first reply

In case of this we cant expect these Chinese to sound like as they did in past

just yesterday we had a class after a long 4 years of my stay in china I heard a Chinese speaking good english with such fluency but she works in US (reason)

but these school going kids here speaks english but not enough to compete with a 6th standard Indian child, they try to follow the American accent but they really screw it

it may take more than 15 years to compensate with the indians

Last edited:
well my first reply

I case of this we cant expect these Chinese to sound like as they did in past

just yesterday we had a class after a long 4 years of my stay in china I heard a Chinese speaking good english with such fluency but she works in US (reason)

but these school going kids here speaks english but not enough to compete with a 6th standard Indian child, they try to follow the American accent but they really screw it

first replay and started trolling. :tdown:

i have many chiness friends here IN USA, and their accent is clear as any other Indian born USA or even American.

Indian movie also shows that Indian speaks English in between.... Indian always brag they can speak English..

Why should all the Chinese speaks English?

How many Indian movies have you seen? Were you able to understand what they were talking or they had chineese subtitle in it? just curious to know..

How many Indian movies have you seen? Were you able to understand what they were talking or they had chineese subtitle in it? just curious to know..

I stay in Singapore... There's a Indian channel there.... There's a subtitle normally....

Things in Indian movie must have
1) Dance... really fanciful
2) Speak indian but mixture of english in between.

well my first reply

I case of this we cant expect these Chinese to sound like as they did in past

Indian speak english better than chinese and japanese, but not accent, taking about accent, I think indian accent is more difficult to understand. And chinese accent is better than japanese and N.korean.

first replay and started trolling. :tdown:

i have many chiness friends here IN USA, and their accent is clear as any other Indian born USA or even American.

well whatever U say but I havent trolled anything here but I have given the reason too but daily I am seeing them here ok U are right cause most of the people (Chinese) staying in US speaks good english but here these school going kids by the time they come out of their schools and are completely in this world competing with others it would take that much long time :smitten:

If you are not blind, you will know that is a indian troller start this. And why you just take a indian side? Why you just blaming chinese and ignored the indian guy who started this? I can aslo see that you dont have logical reasoning ability from this. Dont try to fool us, we know what are you thinking. Take care.:lol:

IMPROVE YOUR ENGLISH FIRST AND THEN POST COS I REALLY DID NOT UNDERSTAND THE LAST PART.

ON THE OTHER HAND IF YOU GOT OFFENDED THEN I AM SORRY BUT THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE AND THAT IS JUST THE WAY YOU JUMP THE GUN ON INDIANS THEN WHY SHOULD I NOT AID A FELLOW INDIAN

Anyways off topic - Please stick to the thread and add more to the understanding in addition to the article here!

:cheers:

Indian speak english better than chinese and japanese, but not accent, taking about accent, I think indian accent is more difficult to understand. And chinese accent is better than japanese and N.korean.

in some cases I must agree with U

but not the accent of every Indian but most of the Indians follow the Indian accent

Yes, my english is not good. But I think what I posted in my previous post is very clear and easy-understanding. Or you just feel ashamed to admit your fault about ignoring the indian who started trolling and only blaming china? Or you just really have no logical reasonal ability. Which one?:lol:

Please re-read my post - I said sorry

That is why I also said - Please improve your English!
:pop:

Please re-read my post - I said sorry

That is why I also said - Please improve your English!
:pop:

I have read your post very carefully, and I dont think your "sorry" is a real "sorry" bcoz of this ↓

BUT THE TRUTH DOES NOT CHANGE AND THAT IS JUST THE WAY YOU JUMP THE GUN ON INDIANS THEN WHY SHOULD I NOT AID A FELLOW INDIAN

You should notice that it is the indian jump the gun on us first and we just defended that. If you have any logical reasonal ability you shouldnt aid that indian, at least you should keep quiet. Or you are thinking you should take a indian side whatever he said? I dont think it can be called a logical thinking.

BTW: My current english ability is very enough to understand what is the real thinking of you from that post.

I second you buddy....
I say these same words all the time.... I myself don't respect those who doesn't respect their own mother tongue... its just like not respecting their own mothers...
language is a precious thing... It might have took multiple of centuries to create a language..

The first thing the british did to us Indians was to make feel ourself bad about our own culture...
Iam really feel bad when I find so many of these fools....

I totally agree with u .. this is the colonial mindset due to which anything western becomes right and superior than ours.

But I am not against learning english. I think that we should learn english but not at the cost of our own languages be it hindi, tamil or whatever local language.

After all that is what we are.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom