What's new

India English growth 'too slow'

Well its a debate.... so while debating you cannot cry like a child that look hes baragging about his english. this topic say That "Indias English growth is slow" we are just trying to disprove it, if u cannot digest Go sit and watch the debate

I am not here to prove that China English growth is too slow... Indian can had the title of best English speaker award...

I just do not understand why you guys are so proud of it? Do you guys have your own language to be proud of?

I am not here to prove that China English growth is too slow... Indian can had the title of best English speaker award...

I just do not understand why you guys are so proud of it? Do you guys have your own language to be proud of?

i believe there are more than 10 other languages in india

we are so proud because we masters our language as well as others language too...

can any foreigner have a mastery in hindi???:cheers::cheers:

I don't think Indian people speak only English. Every Indian person I know speaks English as well as their mother tongue.

this shows Indians also good in english!

Yes, indian are good at english, but the problem is you are too proud of being a english speaker and shame on speaking own language. When I was in india, I noticed some indian in my company look dwon upon indian who cant speak english. It is not good. You should encourage people to speak your nation langauge. That is wealth given by your ancestors.

I don't think Indian people speak only English. Every Indian person I know speaks English as well as their mother tongue.

yes we do speak hindi in our normal lives... while talking to a foreigner we use english as a link language... english and hindi both enjoys as official language status in india.. which is granted by our constitution:smokin:

Yes, indian are good at english, but the problem is you are too proud of being a english speaker and shame on speaking own language. When I was in india, I noticed some indian in my company look dwon upon indian who cant speak english. It is not good. You should encourage people to speak your nation langauge. That is wealth given by your ancestors.

It is a normal custom in a good cultures that when in presence of a guest, one should not speak in a language that the guest does not understand. Are you sure that the incident that you mentioned was not out of a little respect for your presence as a guest (if you were really there) rather than being a "look down" act????

I second you buddy....
I say these same words all the time.... I myself don't respect those who doesn't respect their own mother tongue... its just like not respecting their own mothers...
language is a precious thing... It might have took multiple of centuries to create a language..

The first thing the british did to us Indians was to make feel ourself bad about our own culture...
Iam really feel bad when I find so many of these fools....

i believe there are more than 10 other languages in india

Yes there are more than 10 languages namely:

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE
1. Assamese
2. Bengali
3. Gujarati
4. Hindi
5. Kannada
6. Kashmiri
7. Konkani
8. Malayalam
9. Manipuri
10. Marathi
11. Nepali
12. Oriya
13. Punjabi
14. Sanskrit
15. Sindhi
16. Tamil
17. Telugu
18. Urdu

Un official languages
1. Adi
2. Anal
3. Angami
4. Ao
5. Arabic/Arbi
6. Bhili/Bhilodi
7. Bhotia
8. Bhumij
9. Bishnupuriya
10. Bodo/Boro
11. Chakesang
12. Chakru/Chokri
13. Chang
14. Coorgi/Kodagu
15. Deori
16. Dimasa
17. Dogri
19. Gadaba
20. Gangte
21. Garo
22. Gondi
23. Halabi
24. Halam
25. Hmar
26. Ho
27. Jatapu
28. Juang
29. Kabui
30. Karbi/Mikri
31. Khandeshi
32. Kharia
33. Khasa
34. Khezha
35. Khiemnungan
36. Khond/Kondh
37. Kinnauri
38. Kisan
39. Koch
40. Koda/Kora
41. Kolami
42. Kom
43. Konda
44. Konyak
45. Korku
46. Korwa
47. Koya
48. Kui
49. Kuki
50. Kurukh/Oraon
51. Lahauli
52. Lahnda
53. Lakher
54. Lalung
55. Lepcha
56. Liangmei
57. Limbu
58. Lotha
59. Lushai/Mizo
60. Malto
61. Mao
62. Maram
63. Maring
64. Miri/Mishing
65. Mishmi
66. Mogh
67. Monpa
68. Munda
69. Mundari
70. Nicobarese
71. Nissi/Dafla
72. Nocte
73. Paite
74. Parji
75. Pawi
76. Phom
77. Pochury
78. Rabha
79. Rengma
80. Sangtam
81. Santali
82. Savara
83. Sema
84. Sherpa
85. Tangkhul
86. Tangsa
87. Thado
88. Tibetan
89. Tripuri
90. Tulu
91. Vaiphei
92. Wancho
93. Yimchungre
94. Zeliang
95. Zemi
96. Zou

I second you buddy....
I say these same words all the time.... I myself don't respect those who doesn't respect their own mother tongue... its just like not respecting their own mothers...
language is a precious thing... It might have took multiple of centuries to create a language..

The first thing the british did to us Indians was to make feel ourself bad about our own culture...
Iam really feel bad when I find so many of these fools....

Yes, totaly agree with you. And I think indian ancient culture is awesome, and you have hundreds reason to be proude of that. Dont let them disapeared.:

Back
Top Bottom