What's new

India-England Final

i think india has a very good chance to win the final of icc champions trophy ...very strong and in form batting line up. bowling is the weak link but so far they are getting pitches that suits their bowling line up

1013101_490101957737345_1901818778_n.jpg

Yes @Parul I am excited for the final :cheers:

Last time during the semi final I was banned due to small mistake and watched on side lines in the semi final thread :)

I know you were banned during Semi Finals & I may :secret: I'm hoping for a GOOD MATCH and have invited my friends to my house, to enjoy the match ......:pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you were banned during Semi Finals & I may :secret: I'm hoping for a GOOD MATCH and have invited my friends to my house, to enjoy the match ......:pop:

Lady these days you are pissing too many people with your Laughter ....... :lol:

Go slow on the opponents, a small advice from me :cheers:

Regarding the ICC Champions trophy, In the history of India cricket there are very few instances where Indian Team looked like a champion team in all departments bowling ,fielding and batting.

We are lucky to witness this event :cheers:

Lets enjoy the match tomorrow :cheers:

Lady these days you are pissing too many people with your Laughter ....... :lol:

Go slow on the opponents, a small advice from me :cheers:

I've always refrain myself from interacting with members (one cant expect civilized response) but these days I am not....:smokin: Just enjoying Imaginary World OF PDF.....I'll for sure take your advice.....:what:

On Topic: India vs England: Key head-to-head battles in Champions Trophy final

With the national game embroiled in corruption allegations and veteran stars missing from the squad, India arrived at the Champions Trophy as the world's top-ranked ODI team but with few expecting their triumph.

But to everyone's surprise, India's revamped outfit has beaten all odds to dominate the seven cricket giants in the tournament. Forget about beating a few good teams, India's form can be judged from the fact that Dhoni's brigade is yet to lose a match in this year's Champions Trophy.

Heading into the Sunday's final, Team India have thrashed all their opponents with disdain to record their four-match winning streak in the tournament. The Indian bowlers have come to relish the variably new conditions, while the opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan has emerged from the shadows to become the star batsman in the tournament.

Despite the lack of veteran stars including Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Sachin Tendulkar, the new Indian outfit has turned out to be far better than the experienced sides in the tournament.

After whipping Sri Lanka in the semifinal, Indian seamer Ishant Sharma said: "If we can bowl to our field and play to our strengths, we will do well against any team. We have not been under pressure in this tournament so far and we really don't know where our real weaknesses lie."

While Team India has been playing in the backdrop of the spot-fixing scandal involving players and officials in the IPL, England have looked at their Champions Trophy campaign as a mere taster ahead of their official business against their arch-rivals Australia in the Ashes.

But having said that, England will be more than desperate to win their first world 50-over event this Sunday. Alastair Cook's men have lost the finals of both the World Cup and the Champions Trophy over the past two decades. If England are to break the 50-over tournament drought, they will need a more than brilliant bowling spell from James Anderson and Co.

MS Dhoni's men have thrived on the opening stands from Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan throughout the tournament. Dhawan has been on a dream run with 332 runs in four matches to lead the list of highest run-scorers in the tournament so far. Also, the likes of Dinesh Karthik and Virat Kohli have been responsible and more than capable of striking big whenever required.

On the other hand, England have dearly missed Kevin Pietersen in the middle. The likes of Ian Bell and Jonathan Trott have looked promising but are yet to come good to bolster the team's batting. The emergence of Joe Root in the middle order is undoubtedly a boon for England as his capabilities top handle the spinners well might come in handy in the final.

Making full use of the home conditions, England bowlers have been able to extract more movement from the ball than any other team in the tournament. But, the Indian bowling attack is not far behind either.

With Bhuvneshwar Kumar using the new ball to his full potential, India have looked threatening early on against their opposition throughout the tournament. In the middle overs, India have found a lethal weapon in the all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja - who has been more than efficient than the premier spinner R Ashwin.

While England might feel more comfortable being at home, India have all the firepower to beat their enemy in their own backyard.

Road to finals(teams):

India: The MS Dhoni brigade kicked off their Champions Trophy campaign with a bang after defeating South Africa in the highest-scoring game of the tournament. This was followed by Team India's three-match winning streak after triumphs over West Indies and their arch-rivals Pakistan in the group stage. The semifinals draw ensured India's meeting with Sri Lanka that resulted in the eight-wicket victory for Dhoni's men.

England: Alastair Cook's men couldn't have started their Champions Trophy campaign any better, as they thrashed their arch-rivals Australia in the opening game of the tournament. But, the hosts lost their way to Sri Lanka before thrashing New Zealand in their last game of the tournament's group stage. In the semifinals, England rarely got any competition from South Africa as the hosts booked their finals berth with a seven-wicket win over the Proteas.

Key head-to-head battles to watch out for:

Shikhar Dhawan vs James Anderson: The southpaw from Delhi has been on a dream run in the Champions Trophy this year. The left-hander has scored 332 runs in four matches to lead the list of highest run-scorers in the tournament so far. But, he will be up against a crafty bowler who has got the better of best in the business with his vicious swing and clever variations. Anderson has been the bowling spearhead for England with 10 wickets in four matches to become the second-highest wicket-taker in the tournament so far.

Alastair Cook vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar: The wily bowler from Uttar Pradesh has been busy cementing his place ever since Zaheer Khan's injury left a void in the bowling department for India. His ability to swing the ball both ways earned him six wickets in four matches to lead India's bowling attack in the tournament. While England look steady with their skipper coming good for the team in the tournament so far. With over 150 runs in the tournament, Cook brings in vast experience and recently found his form for England.

Ishant Sharma vs Ian Bell: England have looked threatening throughout the group stage with Ian Bell firing all guns early in the batting order. The right-hander has slammed 141 runs in four matches with a match-winning knock of 91 runs in their opening match against Australia. On the other hand, Ishant Sharma has witnessed an above average Champions Trophy so far. He bowled well against West Indies, Pakistan and recently against Sri Lanka to record eight wickets in the four matches he played for India. His ability to move the ball both ways makes him a serious threat for Bell and other England batsmen.

Joe Root vs Ravindra Jadeja: In what appears to be one of the most exciting battles in the upcoming final, England's wonderkid Joe Root will be up against Sir Ravindra Jadeja's golden arm. England have excelled with the services of Joe Root in the middle order with his consistency in batting and ability to play spin comfortably. His knock of 48 runs against South Africa in the semifinal showcases his ability to deliver on big occasions. But, his batting heroics await a big test against Jadeja who has been India's most successful bowler with 10 wickets in four matches in the tournament.

Suresh Raina vs Steven Finn: Raina's nightmare against short balls has been viral for quite some time now. Majority of the teams have used the short ball tactic to get rid of the left-hander in the tournament leaving Raina sweating it out in the prolonged practice sessions. But his biggest test in the final would be against England's 6'7" bean-pole Steven Finn. Pinging the ball down from the clouds, Finn has the heady blend of pace and trampolining bounce to rattle the best players in the business. Though it'll be tough against the likes of Finn, Raina will have to overcome his fear of short balls to make it big in the final.

Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...d-final-key-battles-top-players/1/284786.html

I've always refrain myself from interacting with members (one cant expect civilized response) but these days I am not....:smokin: Just enjoying Imaginary World OF PDF.....I'll for sure take your advice.....:what:

No problem with your comments , as long as you do not get any infractions . You know what I mean :cheers:

Good to see that you updated your signature.:P

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom