What's new

India edges toward crisis

Growth was 5.3% in Q2, and it has taken a further dip since April-June, so you are simply delusional.

The IMF predicts a net GDP contraction for India for year 2012-2013

I thought 2012-2013 got over 5 months ago... Are you sure you got your years correct :P

not fiscal year

Full year

Only Fiscal years, that run over two years are shown up as FY 2012-13. Calendar years are represented as single years 2012 or 2013.

And, for the record, India DID NOT have a contraction in FY 2012-13 or CY 2012. Anyways, that is not the point... A contraction is being overdramatic... And, I do know what I am talking about... This govt has to get straight with its intentions to deal with businesses on fair values and not on draconian Capital Control laws... Once they get that straight, you'd see the same FIIs ploughing the dollar back... Nothing changes an economy of the size of India over a week or month!

Because although we have our differences, they are East Asians and I respect them.

Well........you could laugh all you want but dont forget the fall of ours will hurt you also. Do not forget companies like Hyundai, Samsung and LG (a lot more) have invested heavily in the Indian markets. Have you sent them a warning mail?

India is actually heading for next level. Those who know India will understand it. We do the best when we are trouble. All bills needed for repair will be fast tracked. This is gift of the most idiotic FM now president to our country.

Well........you could laugh all you want but dint forget the fall of ours will hurt you also. Do not forget companies like Hyundai, Samsung and LG (a lot more) have invested heavily invested in the Indian markets.

"heavily invested" is an overstatement if I ever saw one

India is actually heading for next level. Those who know India will understand it. We do the best when we are trouble. All bills needed for repair will be fast tracked. This is gift of the most idiotic FM now president to our country.

You are wrong,we are doomed our economy has collapsed.

Only Fiscal years, that run over two years are shown up as FY 2012-13. Calendar years are represented as single years 2012 or 2013.

And, for the record, India DID NOT have a contraction in FY 2012-13 or CY 2012. Anyways, that is not the point... A contraction is being overdramatic... And, I do know what I am talking about... This govt has to get straight with its intentions to deal with businesses on fair values and not on draconian Capital Control laws... Once they get that straight, you'd see the same FIIs ploughing the dollar back... Nothing changes an economy of the size of India over a week or month!

No I was referring to 2012-2013 GDP difference in constant dollars.

BTW, 2013 GDP is estimated to be $1,819 from the $1,824 a year earlier (IMF, 2013).

Yes, I was right in that the IMF did make this projection.

That is all.

So you just assumed that is my intention.
Why not answer the questions i asked?

I answered you. I'm just giving Indians a taste of their own medicine when they insult others.

BTW, 2013 GDP is estimated to be $1,819 from the $1,824 a year earlier (IMF, 2013).

That is all.

I answered you. I'm just giving Indians a taste of their own medicine when they insult others.
Nope you didn't answered me at all.
What's the matter they are very simple questions.

That is all.

Could you please provide a basis of your assertion on contraction please.

here is my source IMF World Economic Outlook (WEO) Update -- Growing Pains, July 2013

and it quotes 5.6% growth and it IS FROM IMF SITE!

Still want to debate? or shall we call it a day with you taking back your baseless claims?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom