What's new

India did it all Eons Ago Cars, Stem Cell research & All that

@SarthakGanguly how much of your arguments are defined by your identity. I mean, because you are Indian, you are inclined to believe xyz to be true, do you realize that?
To remain objective, I always pretend to be an alien explorer, exploring earth. :lol:
Brilliant perspective - the last line :tup: Will try that. :partay: But in my defense my arguments are very reasonable :)
Did the ancient Indians have aircraft? - NO
Did they have stem cell research? - NO
Did they have time machines? - NO :P
Were we the best in science and research? - NO

But our contribution has been substantial. And I don't wish to belittle that. Mahabharat is not the source of my arguments either. (Never read it fully :( ) That's all. :)

I'd like to differ on opinion on this one. I'd define IVC as the primordial soup of our culture. And with that, i'd like to change the definition of IVC to some extent. Several human settlement sprang up in and around the region at the same time, with it's cultural influence reaching as far as central Asia, and reaching inland as far as Bengal.

No one's disagreeing with that. I support this notion.

Truth.

That's what i reiterated from the very beginning. It's like reading H.G. Wells and believing in time machines in 1800s.

Look at this, so much marxism condensed into one Stalin loving post :(

:D

As i said before,,,mughals beat us due to superior tech,,,not brute force.
They had better weapons especially canons............

We really haven't done much in the past,,,,these stupid discussions need to end asap

the only way, India can gain some amount of power in the world stage is due to science, innovation and technology.

Good. You are learning. We are making progress. :enjoy:

@Indischer @Skull and Bones - See I can be a teacher.
Classic trolling. What you do can not be taught. Its an art. You are the Pele of trolling.

Ok. I find your interest in that deeply disturbing. :o: @Ravi Nair @ExtraOdinary @Dillinger
oh I am sorry...I thought you'd know what the phrase meant. It means - please calm down. Sometimes I just assume that posters have had an education.
Another personal attack. :omghaha: +1
was it?

Keep the 'we' narrow. There is nothing to discuss since you disown the civilization. Your and my civilizations must be different.
quote me when I said that I disowned the civilization. My civilization did not exist on middle-earth. Can't say about yours.

Might be because you appeared more ill disposed to Indian civilization than others here.
You are good at missing the central point of a statement. You should start a new sport.
The point was being objective. Ask all the posters you wanted to drag into your slugfest in your previous post.
Make a point on the post and not on me. We don't know each other and hence being objective is imperative.

Edit:- I hate retaliating to a personal post. Please dont make me do that again. Although I am quite good at it.

Last edited:
Look at this, so much marxism condensed into one Stalin loving post :(

:D

the only way, India can gain some amount of power in the world stage is due to science, innovation and technology.

Whats up with this show off flag??
:lol:

I'd like to differ on opinion on this one. I'd define IVC as the primordial soup of our culture. And with that, i'd like to change the definition of IVC to some extent. Several human settlement sprang up in and around the region at the same time, with it's cultural influence reaching as far as central Asia, and reaching inland as far as Bengal.

No one's disagreeing with that. I support this notion.

Truth.

That's what i reiterated from the very beginning. It's like reading H.G. Wells and believing in time machines in 1800s.
Then we are on the same page.
The first point though is too ambiguous. Maybe IVC contributed significantly to the Vedic culture, maybe it did not.
I dont think it is mentioned in the Vedas. Although, it is now believed that some of their deities were absorbed by the pantheist Indo-scythians and indo-aryans. I think they used to worship Indra. There is a controversy over the Pashupati seal as well.
Too ambiguous to be considered a contributor to Vedic C.

Classic trolling. What you do can not be taught. Its an art. You are the Pele of trolling.

oh I am sorry...I thought you'd know what the phrase meant. It means - please calm down. Sometimes I just assume that posters have had an education.

was it?

quote me when I said that I disowned the civilization. My civilization did not exist on middle-earth. Can't say about yours.

You are good at missing the central point of a statement. You should start a new sport.
The point was being objective. Ask all the posters you wanted to drag into your slugfest in your previous post.
Make a point on the post and not on me. We don't know each other and hence being objective is imperative.

Edit:- I hate retaliating to a personal post. Please dont make me do that again. Although I am quite good at it.
Pity. I never made it past the fifth standard. :)

But you need to re-read my posts from the beginning. May just help you understand my viewpoint. It also helps to come down from the high horse once in a while, not that I necessarily imply anything.

Read your post as well. You may just get my point (hint: regarding who is getting more and more personal)

As for the sport - What would I name it? :azn:

will take it down after 16th :D

I will not even use it,,,some ppl on whats app are already calling me unpatriotic:lol:

But you need to re-read my posts from the beginning. May just help you understand my viewpoint. It also helps to come down from the high horse once in a while, not that I necessarily imply anything.

Read your post as well. You may just get my point (hint: regarding who is getting more and more personal)

Let me tell paritosh that sarthak is the maradona of trolling as maradona>pele.

Rest of the post seems true to me:lol::D:P

yes, because not displaying a flag is the most unpatriotic thing to do. Not corruption or any other thing.

I did it, because I am a damn conformist.
Plus you gotta admit - our flag kinda looks pretty and cool :D

I will not even use it,,,some ppl on whats app are already calling me unpatriotic:lol:

Let me tell paritosh that sarthak is the maradona of trolling as maradona>pele.

Rest of the post seems true to me:lol::D:P
It's not trolling if perfected to an art form. :pdf:I was having such a nice recon in force with him. :(

OK. Now I have to cease the act I have been pulling off so well. :)

Now that I have your attention with that last useless post I wrote, full of personal attacks, I guess what we had was a little misunderstanding. Maybe I should have been a little more delicate with my disgust at the all-Indians-chest-thumping-at-the-drop-of-a-hat routine. I have in my earlier posts mentioned that you are looking at my posts wrong. It is my culture and I am not unpatriotic.
Just in general, be a little careful not to cross the 'personal line' in your posts. There is no high horse, no body likes being talked at like the way you did.

Now that I have your attention with that last useless post I wrote, full of personal attacks, I guess what we had was a little misunderstanding. Maybe I should have been a little more delicate with my disgust at the all-Indians-chest-thumping-at-the-drop-of-a-hat routine. I have in my earlier posts mentioned that you are looking at my posts wrong. It is my culture and I am not unpatriotic.
Just in general, be a little careful not to cross the 'personal line' in your posts. There is no high horse, no body likes being talked at like the way you did.
Honestly. I don't mind at all. I appreciate your honesty and the simple fact that even under assault you did not change the line.

I thoroughly disagree with your points though. I agree that we did not do enough, or we were not best but terms like 'only agrarian' and 'not worth mentioning' are deeply inaccurate. Of course, I understand that the level to which one civilization may deserve credit is itself subjective but sweeping statements moved far too close to denigrating Indic Civilization than genuine criticism of it.

And as for the discussion, you may not know me - but this precisely is the way I introduce myself. I have fought with several good men here - all of high calibre and capacity for rational thinking (@scorpionx, @DRAY, @Joe Shearer @Skull and Bones @levina @Spring Onion etc). But that is necessary to break the ice that comes with a virtual medium like the Internet. And if you know me - I don't care about being patriotic, unpatriotic, Islamist, Hindutva-vadi etc etc. I only wish to remove the crust of artificiallity so that the discussions are personal. I have quoted you at Desi Corner. I can explain there why I want it so. :)

Hopefully our future discussions will be more honest and straightforward. :tup: Hoping to learn a lot from you.

ON TOPIC - If you wish to continue on this topic, I am okay with that. But please enumerate some of your points in bullets and we can discuss them one by one? :)

Plus you gotta admit - our flag kinda looks pretty and cool :D

It's not trolling if perfected to an art form. :pdf:I was having such a nice recon in force with him. :(

OK. Now I have to cease the act I have been pulling off so well. :)

found a Bhagat Singh flag as well, don't see him much on the Independence day festivities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom