What's new

India developing Heavy Lift Launch Vehicle with 16.3 ton to GTO

@Shajida Khan Your choice of words are also bit complicated for me, I got confused after reading your lines of appreciation for professor EL Sidd :lol::lol:, What is 420:69 ? and what you do ? something in science field ?

420:69 means 69th preaching of 420th sermon. Our beloved saint El Sidd of PDF has most graciously given us wisdom during over 9000 sermons each having at least 100 preachings. This is my way of keep track of his words of wisdom. May we all bask in the benevolent light of his eternal wisdom.

I am a mere student, learning around the ways of this world. My first qualification is going to be in General Studies with a minor in Mathematics. My avocation is to witness the proceedings of this most ancient and noble altar of erudition that PDF is. :)

That is a messed up way of saying, I have nothing better to do and I pass my time arguing with fun folks at PDF and occasionally trolling them or with them as well.:cheers:

Last edited:
Now who is comparing with China?

Why pathetic self claimed Indian patriots always compare with China?

Modular design can be achieved with GSLV no need for MK3.

Nor do I really care anyway.
You are putting Indian flag so that people may see you with some respect but your writings reveals your secrate. You are unable to hide your butt hurt and your English reveals your education. So calm down before you reveal yourself more.

Hi,anyone who doubts if ISRO will have such heavy launchers should at least watch this seminar lecture without any bias and then decide.

The person delivering lecture is head of LPSC(liquid propulsion systems center) and his words are something not to be written off. Now in short term i.e within 3 years these are the things that are within the reach of ISRO-

1) Weight reductions and aerodynamic optimization can push the payload to 4.5tonnes even without SCE-200.
2) A 2000kN Semi cryogenic engine is already in very advanced stages of construction as mentioned by the chairman ISRO when he visited my college IITM. A lot of very critical technologies have been recently realized at LPSC. Some of these are
http://www.isro.gov.in/new-brazing-process-semi-cryo-engine-established-isro
http://www.vssc.gov.in/VSSC_V4/inde...57-technology/1338-semicryogenic-propulsion-2
http://www.aame.in/2015/08/first-prototype-of-isro-semi-cryogenic.html
ISRO is under the process of constructing a giant SCE test facility that would test the engine at sea level and vaccum. With SCE the payload of GSLV MK3 will touch 6 tonnes to GTO thus surpassing china's LM-3B(and only smaller than china's CZ-5).
3) ISRO is also enhancing the capacity of cryogenic upper stage to C-27. This will further increase the payload to beyond 6 tonnes to GTO. C-27 will have 27 tonnes of fuel loading and will burn longer than C-25.
4) Afterall the whole point of GSLV MK3 is to have a unified launch vehicle that can launch various sizes of payload in various configuration-- something that is china is doing as well.

Now touching upon the medium to long term plans(3-5 years and beyond):
1) Once SCE-200 is mastered, ISRO will design and develop SCE-400 and have it in clustered configuration of 4 nozzles in both main stage and boosters. This will enhance the payload to beyond 12tonnes to GTO. However this will be possible only after 5 years.
2) Further plans include design and development of a 600kN cryogenic engine as upper stage.

Last edited:
Hi,anyone who doubts if ISRO will have such heavy launchers should at least watch this seminar lecture without any bias and then decide.

The person delivering lecture is head of LPSC(liquid propulsion systems center) and his words are something not to be written off. Now in short term i.e within 3 years these are the things that are within the reach of ISRO-

1) Weight reductions and aerodynamic optimization can push the payload to 4.5tonnes even without SCE-200.
2) A 2000kN Semi cryogenic engine is already in very advanced stages of construction as mentioned by the chairman ISRO when he visited my college IITM. A lot of very critical technologies have been recently realized at LPSC. Some of these are
http://www.isro.gov.in/new-brazing-process-semi-cryo-engine-established-isro
http://www.vssc.gov.in/VSSC_V4/inde...57-technology/1338-semicryogenic-propulsion-2
http://www.aame.in/2015/08/first-prototype-of-isro-semi-cryogenic.html
ISRO is under the process of constructing a giant SCE test facility that would test the engine at sea level and vaccum. With SCE the payload of GSLV MK3 will touch 6 tonnes to GTO thus surpassing china's LM-3B(and only smaller than china's CZ-5).
3) ISRO is also enhancing the capacity of cryogenic upper stage to C-27. This will further increase the payload to beyond 6 tonnes to GTO. C-27 will have 27 tonnes of fuel loading and will burn longer than C-25.
4) Afterall the whole point of GSLV MK3 is to have a unified launch vehicle that can launch various sizes of payload in various configuration-- something what is china is doing as well.

Now touching upon the medium to long term plans(3-5 years and beyond):
1) Once SCE-200 is mastered, ISRO will design and develop SCE-400 and have it in clustered configuration of 4 nozzles in both main stage and boosters. This will enhance the payload to beyond to 12tonnes to GTO. However this will be possible only after 5 years.
2) Further plans include design and development of a 600kN cryogenic engine as upper stage.

Do you not think ISRO is targeting too much of technologies at the same time? Cryogenic,Metholox engine,Semi cryogenics ,RLV, Air breathing propulsion etc.

On the other hand look at simplicity of Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy. They only use Semi cryogenics and one engine Merlin 1D. Two stage to orbit.Thats it.

When Indian's bragging of 16 ton is translated into reality...Other nations will have more capacity ready for India to keep chasing perpetually ...Why foookin brag? India is a low income country.....Third world nation.

What India delivers in a truck...Falcon delivers in a car.

When Indian's bragging of 16 ton is translated into reality...Other nations will have more capacity ready for India to keep chasing perpetually ...Why foookin brag? India is a low income country.....Third world nation.
Yeah.... What have you done in your life to make this third world nation to a better one?... Btw trolling in PDF doesn't count

False flag loser. :rofl: First launch an apple to space, then talk about India.

Yeah.... What have you done in your life to make this third world nation to a better one?... Btw trolling in PDF doesn't count

He is a false flag troll, always talking bashing India.

In terms of per capita income India does fall in low income country however in terms of space research India is in top 4. You may differ of course, but that can't change the reality

Back
Top Bottom