What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

FDI, Remittances, Exports Etc.

2015 saw $ 31 Billion in FDI, $ 70.39 in remittances and ~$ 250 in exports Re: India.

A firm believer in Power Purchase Parity (PPP); what that means to me is that the Total Inflow = 351.39
  • Or, $'s 6325.02 Billion or $ 6.325 Trillion :close_tema: in Power Purchase Parity (PPP) terms.
Further, # 1-2-3 in imports are crude oil-&-gas, raw gold-&-diamonds and core computer chips and e-accessories. Value-addition is local and sold, even exported for additional profit. This is a grey area and subject for research as is hidden value and #'s re: content (think software, Bollywood and HR exports). Same with gems-&-jewelry where polishing, finishing, setting, design and refinement are arbitrarily priced therefore hard to report; massive under-invoicing is the norm.
Summarily, ~ $ 6 Trillion may be the richest haul in the world yr.-on-yr., :smitten:ex China. ( not so sure there either, China hands, help me out.
I have my doubts re: China. India Vs. China is an apples Vs. Oranges comparison given the substance of import-export items. And finally, import bills for India have crashed re: oil-&-gas.

Modi's Indian Govt. is on a roll, feedback ?

You can search for any mathematical expression, using functions such as: sin, cos, sqrt, etc. You can find a complete list of functions here.
Rad

Deg
x!
Inv
sin
ln
π
cos
log
e
tan

Ans
EXP
xy
(
)
%
AC
÷

=
+

Last edited:
I'm big on PPP.

I figure ~ $ 6 .5 Trillion in PPP went to India in 2015 ☺!

That's a damp $ 31 Billion in FDI, fallen exports of around $ 250 and stable about $ 70 in remittances, in real not PPP values.

PPP @ $'s 18 Vs. Rs. Do the math, check above.

Import bills, mostly oil-&-gas, also crashed.
Next big import items remain gold and diamonds, much for re-export.

Last edited:
I think import bill crash is temporary and a product of international circumstances. Oil prices do not remain low for long. Always remember that. Your analysis is therefore incorrect.

@TheGujju, Oil is down re. glut in production and move to shale gas. India, China and others haven't even begun re. shale gas.

Gas is the thing, too much around. Check Oz., Brazil, Mozambique and all the classic OPEC places are drowning in this new fuel.

And big daddy the US ain't buying no ... so4ry I'm on a run.

@Nilgiri, thamks, willco, do post link kindly.

@TheGujju, Oil is down re. glut in production and move to shale gas. India, China and others haven't even begun re. shale gas.

Gas is the thing, too much around. Check Oz., Brazil, Mozambique and all the classic OPEC places are drowning in this new fuel.

And big daddy the US ain't buying no ... so4ry I'm on a run.

@Nilgiri, thamks, willco, do post link kindly.

Indian Economy-News & Updates | Page 361

Look forward to seeing you there.

Chennai

25116735086_cd8b36f6e4_h.jpg

^^
Thanks but no thanks.
  • Oh & beat it :hehe: ! I don't seek or pay for unsolicited advice, and u r ...
Thing is you better route your uncolicited advice and ideas re: our thread via mods.

Some pic.'s for you girls?

Infosys New Campus

Super-luxury-duplex-villas-at-Pocharam-near-INFOSYS_7.jpg

Vs.

Old Campuses Infosys Hyderabad, Kuwait etc.
New_mInfy_02.jpg

part-003.jpeg

infosys.jpg

Incentives, profits and boom and of course HR factors is driving top IT firms to get onto top class, Grade A and good looking office complexes whcih are also changing the very look and feel of otherwise dilapidated, Colonial-&-Commie block style Indian cities. Thanks go to
Accenture, Cognizant, Google, Infosys, TCS, WIPRO ++ ...
Accenture
-------------
accenture-waverock.jpg

Read more at:
IT firms like Google, Cognizant and Infosys continue to lock in large office spaces - The Economic Times

New Delhi's dead center Connaught Place is a good example of bad Colonial-Vs.-Commie block contrast.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom