What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Naya Raipur
Naya-Raipur.jpg

article-2681772-1F6C0EFE00000578-174_1024x615_large.jpg

Suburban Chennai/Madras, Tamilnadu

The dawn of a future tech jungle,
Am so excited for how this place will look 20 years from now ( for perspective, just 10-15 years ago the entire space was just shrubs and bushes with no construction ).Plans are afoot for most of the plots seen in the picture

44862304181_81b9420b58_h.jpg

All credits to original photographer .

Great pic., thanks.

I can imagine, check with a sub city called Goldcoast in Australia. China models are ambitious in comparison, ambitious as in ... ahem .... fake.

True blue Public-Private model development. Re. Chennai plus IT, money is no issue.

Question: What are the lister of towers in the 2'nd Borivali pic. per
(c)twitter1035784565397368833

I ask because it will give a solid anchor and character to Borivali.

Plus, now I know why India's cities are ghetto like with dollops of land all over the place just like Krunchy but not Lahore or Isloo. It's all about Gandhi-'lota'-jhola, left wing politics by ghetto-goon politicians who jacked city politics.

To this day said cities are not under total control of the central Indian party but metropolitan satraps. Sad.

India Rs. 20 Lakh Crores, some US $ 128 Billion is what India is pumping into it's steel vertical over the next yrs.

Last edited:
How Big is the Indian Economy?

1. @ Nick Booker says "India's overall GDP is about 8 times smaller than the US". The video is from 2016, and data thereof maybe a yr. or two behind.

2. @2:45, India has been the largest economy for 1600 yrs. of the last 2018 yrs. AD; meaning the Christian era. It was much more in the pre-Christian era since Christianity is so new. Evidence of India's riches, as Nick Booker shares @3:00, re: it's Buddhist and Hindu past are everywhere.
  • I've been saying the $* goes x10 farther in India re. PPP.
Indian economy is @ # 3 Globally. So what is India's $ 3 Trillion economy worth, re: PPP?

Simply, $ 3 Trillion x 10 (my PPP approx.) = $ 30 Trillion/yr.

Further, Dr.'s Venkatesh's says India's household savings run-rate of US $ 750 Billion/yr. is un-paralleled since it must also be understood as:

$ 9.4 Trillion/yr. = $ US 750 x 10 (my PPP approx.) x 1.25 ( $ US Vs. Canada exchange rate)

Summarily, India is a $ 30 Trillion/yr. economy with a $ 9.4 Trillion/yr. saving's rate.
That's a lot of Chai-Samosas, Indian Railway rides, Ceiling Fans, Hero Splendours, Mrooti's and local type cellphones which to me in the American or Canadian avatar are Coffee-Donuts, bus and metro rides with expensive 4 wheelers like Ford pick-up trucks, HVAC and pricey iPhones. Elsewhere, the US and China economies are in a debt trap to each other and the rest of the rich world in the case of the US, and the rest of the Asian Tigers in the case of China.

Inversely, the US Vs. Indian economy :

images
Vs.
upload_2018-10-1_10-52-23.jpeg

* $ Canadian not US, which is @ 1.25 approx.

Last edited:
Pune
8tylVQH.jpg

(c) https://i.imgur.com/8tylVQH.jpg

India side, funny thing happened on the way to development; sleepy retirement type inland Colonial towns specially Pune-Banglore turned into super rich mega cities.

Alongside, Indian sub cities like Navi Mumbai(ex Bombay)-Gurgaon-Noida's(ex New Delhi)-New Town(Kolkota)-Mohali(ex Chandigarh) took off with a bang. After which the next round is moving farther inland to UP, Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand and Orissa where money's not the problem, governance was. Incidentally, UP-Bihar and others already have blueprints with work on the ground in progress re: infrastructure roll-out in the dark, underside corner of India.

The Paytm Story
Ather Smart Scooter
As an IIT student start-up it may be the smartest auto start-up in the world, ever.
ather-1170x480.jpg

(c) https://pixr8.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ather-1170x480.jpg

u-s-imports-and-exports-components-and-statistics-3306270-v10-5b632147c9e77c002c9e9f98.png

Vs.
India-exports-imports-001.jpg

Do you see what I see ?
  1. India is about 3 times smaller in land but 3 times bigger in population vis-a-vis US
  2. However, my PPP value of x10 between the US Vs. India, both India - US are similar
  3. America is a diversified importer India is a big oil importer
Qualitative issues aside, growth is the key derivative of present power and projections thereof. Since money knows no visa, nationality or international borders; India is where the big money is and going to be for ... some say the next 25-50 yrs.

Last edited:
Suburban Chennai/Madras, Tamilnadu

The dawn of a future tech jungle,
Am so excited for how this place will look 20 years from now ( for perspective, just 10-15 years ago the entire space was just shrubs and bushes with no construction ).Plans are afoot for most of the plots seen in the picture

44862304181_81b9420b58_h.jpg

All credits to original photographer .
Nice, what is that complex on the top left with the tower, looks beautiful

Back
Top Bottom