What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Southern india seems a lot more pleasant and peaceful for a number of reasons. Is it just a perception, or is there really something to it. Perhaps it has a lot to do with the climate, cooler and wetter?

BTW, how would I know which areas in each Indian city are considered rich areas? Is there any official list or metric one could judge? (I suppose rent prices come to mind)

Bangalore has really made the most of the last 30 years of India’s IT boom. Probably one of the nicest places for a foreigner to live, if their company sends them to work in India, from an amenities point of view.

Peninsular India is on an average more temperate than Northern India, although coastal areas can get quite warm. Barring some areas it gets plenty of rainfall. Bangalore is even better weather wise because of altitude (3000 ft above sea level). Perhaps one of the best climates among all major cities in the world.

Southern India is also more laid back (but not in a bad way). People are less confrontational and mind their own business.

Bangalore has really made the most of the last 30 years of India’s IT boom. Probably one of the nicest places for a foreigner to live, if their company sends them to work in India, from an amenities point of view.
Its traffic remains very congested, buts its a very in ovative city, much of India’s startups come from Bangalore. I feel sad that it just most of the times looks like just another city despite receiving billions in investments, Ghaziabad is a small suburb of Delhi NCR yet has a lot of highrises and many under construction.

Bangalore needs to sort out the traffic and look towards vertical growth to save space.

Its traffic remains very congested, buts its a very in ovative city, much of India’s startups come from Bangalore. I feel sad that it just most of the times looks like just another city despite receiving billions in investments, Ghaziabad is a small suburb of Delhi NCR yet has a lot of highrises and many under construction.

Bangalore needs to sort out the traffic and look towards vertical growth to save space.

Traffic situation is much better since Covid, even though things are mostly back to normal. Bangalore due to mostly IT crowd is seeing the most benefits of WFH.

I disagree that going vertical is the solution. Bangalore has space, unlike Mumbai and Delhi and can keep expanding. Tall buildings lead to congestion around them because of entry and exit of too many vehicles in a small area.

Vertical growth stunts building the very culture you say you want. A local ornate 5-6 storey building template for all building in one part of the city can give a sense of the Character of the area, similar to Paris or Barcelona.

So back to my question, how would a foreign traveler or worker (or MNCs) know a part of an Indian city is where the wealthiest live?

So back to my question, how would a foreign traveler or worker (or MNCs) know a part of an Indian city is where the wealthiest live?
In India its mostly the Southern parts of every city, South Delhi, South Bombay, South Kochi, South Bangalore, South Chennai etc.

Pune
1646839496039.jpeg

Kochi
1646839615008.png

New Delhi
1646839959363.jpeg

G.I.F.T City

Back
Top Bottom