What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Bangalore's own cherry blossom , ORR , Mahadevpura

ExD4FCPU8AAWMwK

ExD4FQtU8AA_5_m

In 2019 a percolation pond was created in a village in Tamil Nadu, India. The entire village came together to support the work as the villagers were concerned about reduction in water level in the region.

This is the AMAZING result .

FBjVj5fUcAga0t-

Real Time Digital Payment in India.

EKStTKsU0AIj0OW

Bangalore's own cherry blossom , ORR , Mahadevpura

ExD4FCPU8AAWMwK

ExD4FQtU8AA_5_m
What would you say is the wealthiest part of Bangalore? I’m curious if this a common street in Bangalore or in a more upscale location. Also, how would one know which parts of Indian cities are wealthier areas? For example, Some areas in Mumbai look relatively plain but are considered wealthy areas, such as in the video by Peter Santenello

What would you say is the wealthiest part of Bangalore? I’m curious if this a common street in Bangalore or in a more upscale location. Also, how would one know which parts of Indian cities are wealthier areas? For example, Some areas in Mumbai look relatively plain but are considered wealthy areas, such as in the video by Peter Santenello

The locality shown in Peter's video is indeed one of the most expensive areas in the city, but he has not shown the best parts of it. South Mumbai is gorgeous in parts (I lived there for 17 years) but will not wow a first timer. It grows on you. One of the reasons it is expensive is because it is one of the older parts of Mumbai, and in Mumbai old is expensive. A lot of Boho as well as old money crowd lives in South Mumbai.

Bangalore is very evenly distributed in terms of wealth. No poor areas and no extremely rich areas. The road shown here is actually an arterial road. A utilitarian area looking nice because of cherry blossoms in this season. They are all over the city and make even average areas look pretty.

Here is a photo I clicked on my phone on Sunday in a park in Central Bangalore. This time yellow bloom.

IMG_20220306_072446.jpeg

Actually the area indeed is very rich, but afaik is not a great location thanks to Dharavi nearby. Also Mumbai has a lot of great looking places, some Victorian architecture can also be witnessed. SoBo is very great area and many people love driving in SoBo.

———
Lower Parel last Diwali
1646747179773.png

Bangalore WTC
1646747251331.png

The locality shown in Peter's video is indeed one of the most expensive areas in the city, but he has not shown the best parts of it. South Mumbai is gorgeous in parts (I lived there for 17 years) but will not wow a first timer. It grows on you. One of the reasons it is expensive is because it is one of the older parts of Mumbai, and in Mumbai old is expensive. A lot of Boho as well as old money crowd lives in South Mumbai.

Bangalore is very evenly distributed in terms of wealth. No poor areas and no extremely rich areas. The road shown here is actually an arterial road. A utilitarian area looking nice because of cherry blossoms in this season. They are all over the city and make even average areas look pretty.

Here is a photo I clicked on my phone on Sunday in a park in Central Bangalore. This time yellow bloom.

View attachment 821946
Southern india seems a lot more pleasant and peaceful for a number of reasons. Is it just a perception, or is there really something to it. Perhaps it has a lot to do with the climate, cooler and wetter?

BTW, how would I know which areas in each Indian city are considered rich areas? Is there any official list or metric one could judge? (I suppose rent prices come to mind)

Actually the area indeed is very rich, but afaik is not a great location thanks to Dharavi nearby. Also Mumbai has a lot of great looking places, some Victorian architecture can also be witnessed. SoBo is very great area and many people love driving in SoBo.

———
Lower Parel last Diwali
View attachment 821952

Bangalore WTC
View attachment 821953
Bangalore has really made the most of the last 30 years of India’s IT boom. Probably one of the nicest places for a foreigner to live, if their company sends them to work in India, from an amenities point of view.

Southern india seems a lot more pleasant and peaceful for a number of reasons. Is it just a perception, or is there really something to it. Perhaps it has a lot to do with the climate, cooler and wetter?

BTW, how would I know which areas in each Indian city are considered rich areas? Is there any official list or metric one could judge? (I suppose rent prices come to mind)
In Delhi I haven’t seen any “Rich” areas, Delhi NCR is mostly middle class guys. Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata for example have a lot of rich people, expensive high rises get sold out within days of launch in Hyd for example.

—————
Gurugram
1646747563303.png

Ahmedabad
1646747590418.png

1646747676869.jpeg

Kolkata
1646747938011.jpeg

Bangalore
1646748142508.jpeg

Chennai
1646748197263.jpeg