What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

THere is no quiet place in Bangalore now as far as main roads and areas concerned :) I live in Vijaya bank lay out behind IIMB, which is still a very quiet place. but 15yrs huh? Can you speak Kannada then?

No no- I was a student in Chennai then. I had come to IIMB to meet someone. At that time IIB was so far away that we had to take a 'Pushpak' bus from RT Nagar through wide uninhabited expanses to get there. I was commenting on how it was 'outside the city' then. I returned to Bangalore a few years ago when I got a job in a company here. So can't speak Kannada.

Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor

9758858173_8043b9935e_o.jpg
I other day I was curing the idiot who stopped the vehicle on NICE road and was clicking pics.
Now I know who :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

proposed woxsen sxhool of business , hyderabad .. campus

If they think that producing good MBA grads depends on carbon-copying IIM-A's campus design (with some ugly tweaks) then they are quite mistaken. This is a rather disturbing trend in Indian education that I am seeing.

Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor to be opened by 2019

Indian Railways hopes that the 1839 kilometer (km) Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) project between Ludhiana in Punjab and Dankuni in West Bengal will be commissioned by 2019.

The 1839 km route of Eastern DFC is being developed to augment the rail transport capacity to meet the growing requirement of movement of freight traffic on the route.

The assurance for completion of the mega project in next six years came from the minister of state for Railways Manoj Sinha when he was answering a question in Parliament despite the fact that at present work is going on only over 465 km of the total 1839 Km project.

However, Sonnagar-Dankuni section is not feature in the project, to be completed by 2019.

"The Eastern DFC (excluding Sonnagar-Dankuni Section) is likely to be commissioned by 2019," India Coal Market Watch quoting Mr Sinha as saying.

He said civil construction works of Khurja-Kanpur Section(343 km) of Eastern DFC have commenced and approximately 25% of work has been completed. Works on 122 km Mughalsarai-Sonnagar Section of Eastern DFC are also progressing well.

He pointed that 3861 Hectare of land out of 5550 Hectare required for the Project have been notified for land acquisition under Section 20 F of the Railway Amendment Act 2008. UNI PC RD1520 NNNN

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...7/2518437.html

Wow!

American Bollywood Ice Skating Dnce To Blow Your Top ...
World's Best Jeep
images

images

Force+Trax+Gurkha+Spyshot+5.jpg

Kg. per Kg., metal for metal, bhp for bhp; cheapest in the world.
-

Last edited:
Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor to be opened by 2019

Indian Railways hopes that the 1839 kilometer (km) Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) project between Ludhiana in Punjab and Dankuni in West Bengal will be commissioned by 2019.

The 1839 km route of Eastern DFC is being developed to augment the rail transport capacity to meet the growing requirement of movement of freight traffic on the route.

The assurance for completion of the mega project in next six years came from the minister of state for Railways Manoj Sinha when he was answering a question in Parliament despite the fact that at present work is going on only over 465 km of the total 1839 Km project.

However, Sonnagar-Dankuni section is not feature in the project, to be completed by 2019.

"The Eastern DFC (excluding Sonnagar-Dankuni Section) is likely to be commissioned by 2019," India Coal Market Watch quoting Mr Sinha as saying.

He said civil construction works of Khurja-Kanpur Section(343 km) of Eastern DFC have commenced and approximately 25% of work has been completed. Works on 122 km Mughalsarai-Sonnagar Section of Eastern DFC are also progressing well.

He pointed that 3861 Hectare of land out of 5550 Hectare required for the Project have been notified for land acquisition under Section 20 F of the Railway Amendment Act 2008. UNI PC RD1520 NNNN

http://news.webindia123.com/news/Art...7/2518437.html

Let's hope so

Obelisk Tower declared open in Yanam
Obelisk Tower.jpg

The tower provided a panoramic view of the Bay of Bengal but entry was restricted to the restaurant (at a height of about 40 metres) for safety reasons. Some 300 tonnes of structural steel and 330 tonnes of construction steel went into erecting the tower and 15,000 bags of cement was used for concrete works including for the pile-cap foundation. Ministers P Thiagarajan, Radha Krishnan and others attended the function.
yanam.jpg

Lieutenant Governor Puducherry, General Ajay Kumar Singh inaugurating Yanam Obelisk Tower in Yanam on Tuesday. Chief Minister Rangaswamy and Consulate-General of France in Puducherry, Philippe Janvier Kamiyama are also seen.

Obelisk Tower Declared Open in Yanam - The Hans India

Back
Top Bottom