What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

Mumbai Metro.

02_Mumbai-Metro.jpg

I hate these coaches anyone knows from where were they imported

International Business 101.

Reliance got the contract for Mumbai metro. Palm trees and metro lines is a new mix.

So Reliance jumped and outsourced the contract to China Co. China jumped up-&-down and signed up the entire eco-system, namely banking. China tied up juicy financial terms and tangled the terms with rolling stock. Voila - Mumbai's Made-in-China metro.

International business. This is how, for the 1'st time, the China Co. manufactured and exported stainless steel metro bogies, thanks to Reliance's hi-stakes, hi-risk business model. If the govt. had tried this, business houses would print through their media that this is not a 'Tried-&-Tested' model, it's a security risk, it's not safe tech. etc ;).

India has at least 3 metro bogie manufacturing factories producing said bogies that I know of namely Bombardier, BEML & Alsthom. Metro bogie building is no rocket science, and for India even rocket science isn't what rocket science used to be, dozens of Indian pvt. and public rail bogie manufacturer's can bash metal and spit out metro bogies.

Key question to ask is who did the Chinese cut/paste from?

Vs.

Hyderabad's 'L&T' Metro
----------------------------

I have a feeling Hyderabad Metro will be India's best metro, maybe even world's best.
And for that it will have to beat out Dubai and other Gulf country metro systems which are both new and rich.

Hyd. Stn
----------
Hyderabad-metro-line-600x337.jpg

Dubai Stn.
-------------

Top-View-Dubai-Metro.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Reliance got the contract for Mumbai metro.

So Reliance jumped and outsourced the contract to China Co. China jumped up-&-down and signed up the entire eco-system, namely banking. China tied up juicy financial terms and tangled the terms with rolling stock. Voila - Mumbai's Made-in-China metro.

International business. This is how, for the 1'st time, the China Co. manufactured and exported stainless steel metro bogies, thanks to Reliance's hi-stakes, hi-risk business model. If the govt. had tried this, business houses would print through their media that this is not a 'Tried-&-Tested' model, it's a security risk, it's not safe tech. etc ;).

India has at least 3 metro bogie manufacturing factories producing said bogies that I know of namely Bombardier, BEML & Alsthom. Metro bogie building is no rocket science, and for India even rocket science isn't what rocket science used to be, dozens of Indian pvt. and public rail bogie manufacturer's can bash metal and spit out metro bogies.

Bombardier and Alstom are Canadian and French respectively. BEML is domestic. Anyway, does any of these India-based factories produce any metro coaches already? If so, could you provide some info?

Reliance got the contract for Mumbai metro. Palm trees and metro lines is a new mix.

Vs.

Hyderabad's 'L&T' Metro
----------------------------

I have a feeling Hyderabad Metro will be India's best metro, maybe even world's best.
And for that it will have to beat out Dubai and other Gulf country metro systems which are both new and rich.

Hyd. Stn
----------
Hyderabad-metro-line-600x337.jpg

Dubai Stn.
-------------

Top-View-Dubai-Metro.jpg

Let me add a further question: why didn't the Indian government demand that private firms source only from domestic factories as a pre-condition for winning the contract?

As for this Chinese company, it seems ok to me. It supplies rolling stock to the British Grand Central Railway. Of course, the rolling stock here is of diesel type, but still, I don't think British standards for rail equipment are lower than that of India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom