What's new

India Developing, but still a long way to go

... I'm going off the topic of development, but just wanted to share my reply. If need be, we can discuss this history topic on some other thread...

Point 1: Aryan Invasion Theory (AIT) is controversial for sure, but it has NOT been proved inaccurate in any way. Invasion or not, most current genetics studies point to a difference in Aryan and Dravidian people.

What genetic studies are those? The latest ones I have seen say there is no great difference & that the Indian population has remained stable for 40000 years. No one buys that Dravidians & Aryabs are races anymore. If you have something different, would like to hear it.

....I am quite amused when I hear things like : south indian blogs blaming aryans (mostly we north indians) for screwing the country... ...

Those 'south indian' blogs are mostly dravidian nationalist rags that dont carry ANY sort of credibility among the vast majority of the population. The only aryan , dravidian difference is the linguistic families of the people and not race

Sure if the debate is just limited 'North Indians' as a political unit then some controversial things like Hindi imposition can be said, but there is no genetic or racial difference between modern day North and south Indians..just political and some cultural difference.

I'm a south indian btw.

Hyderabad

panoramawatermarkresize.jpg

36221864.jpg

28627052.jpg

88535751.jpg

gallery_image5.jpg

Chowmahalla Palace, Hyderabad

8104790240_11aa4a5ba8_b.jpg

8111062250_d9d33b7920_b.jpg

@ssc

J&K Rail Project

Chenab Bridge

bAuLu.jpg

FmAY6.jpg

Fle4D.jpg

m0G8w.jpg

q9uWD.jpg

FNaNE.jpg

Qqs1B.jpg

NEW DELHI, DEC 25: Train passengers in the Kashmir Valley can soon travel up to Banihal with railways on Tuesday announcing completion of the key Qazigund-Banihal section which also comprises the longest transportation tunnel in the country built after a seven-year effort.

Opening of this section promises a new beginning for the state as it will not only ease the transportation problem of people during winters when inclement weather forces closure of Jawahar Tunnel but will also considerably reduce the travel time between the two places.

The distance between Banihal and Qazigund, which is also one of the most treacherous stretches in the entire Kashmir rail network project, will reduce from 35 km by road to 17.729 km on train.

According to Northern Railway, trial runs have already started in the section, which forms a vital link in the project connecting Udhampur to Baramulla.

“This section, constructed at an expenditure of Rs 1691 crores, will be ready for opening shortly,” said a senior Northern Railway official.

The highlight of the section, which will enable commuters to travel right up to Baramulla through Srinagar from Banihal, is the 11.2 km long tunnel under the Pir Panjal mountain range, billed as an engineering marvel.

The tunnel, which also has a service road running parallel to the track is the second longest in Asia, is constructed at a cost of Rs 1300 crore.

It took almost seven years to complete the tunnel. About 7,500 metric tonnes of steel, 3,28,000 cubic metres of concrete has been used and 10,00,000 cubic metres of underground excavation has been done to complete the tunne
l.

About 1300 workers and 150 engineers worked round the clock to accomplish this challenging task, Northern Railways said.

The section comprises 39 bridges which include two major ones, 30 minor bridges and seven road over bridge and road under bridges.

The tunnel has been constructed by New Austrian Tunnelling Method (NATM) which was used for the first time on such large scale in India.

The tunnel has been made water proof by providing continuous PVC membrane between primary and secondary lining and is equipped with the state-of-the-art air quality monitoring system, ventilation system, communication system etc.

Thank you for the pic.

But please say it Amdavad..it is better then the ugly moghul name Ahmedabad which was given by ugly mass murderers(moghuls)
I hope one day the name of Delhi is changed to Indraprashta.

And there is a road in delhi by the name,it is called 'Aurangzeb road'. Right in the capital we have a road which is named on one of the greatest mass murderers of Indians!
Shameful!

no dude. There are part of our history and there were no "Indians" at that time. Their culture and people are now part of our country.

Those 'south indian' blogs are mostly dravidian nationalist rags that dont carry ANY sort of credibility among the vast majority of the population. The only aryan , dravidian difference is the linguistic families of the people and not race

Sure if the debate is just limited 'North Indians' as a political unit then some controversial things like Hindi imposition can be said, but there is no genetic or racial difference between modern day North and south Indians..just political and some cultural difference.

I'm a south indian btw.

@yorohit79

KS has already said what i wanted to say. AIT was a psychological tool created to divide us. You are not ready to denounce AIT but you are ready to accept AIT,a weak theory created in the 1800's without much scientific backing and making so huge claims!
Suppose somebody says today that sun goes around the earth and not the other way around then are you going to believe it if he doesn't provide scientific backing? AIT is just like that,if you propose a new theory then you have to prove it and the people who don't believe in it have not to prove it.
It's just like when zealous priests ask atheists to disprove god.If he can't disprove,therefore god exists!
But its the job of the theist to prove god and not the other way around.

Read the books by Koenraad Elst or Subramanian Swamy they have already shown why this theory is BOGUS.And they are NOT proposing anything without backing up with science and facts.
Every Indian should realize this truth as soon as possbile.

no dude. There are part of our history and there were no "Indians" at that time. Their culture and people are now part of our country.

There were no Indian really?
Then perhaps we can call 'hindus' then?

A group of people who have plundered the civilization of the subcontinent will be remembered as a part of our history but a dark part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone stop discussing this topic please! Create a new thread if it is so important to you but not here.

India is country of many cultures, religions and aspects and this is also illustrated in our so beautiful cities which are shown here. So now shut up.

Back
Top Bottom